Magic Runes HD by HXP

Kuldebar

Magic Runes HD by HXP

Posted Image

Posted Image

No ESP file, no reason to not try it out!

Been using this mod for awhile. If you have trouble seeing them in game, make sure that your decal settings enabled. Here is an example:

SkyrimPrefs.ini

[Decals]

uMaxDecals=250

bDecals=1

bSkinnedDecals=1

uMaxSkinDecals=50

uMaxSkinDecalsPerActor=40

Mod Description:

This Mod will change all Six Runes available in Skyrim ( including the Dragonborn DLC )

3 Vanilla Runes and 3 Dragonborn DLC Runes

Runes in the List !

Vanilla Runes

1.Fire Rune

2.Frost Rune

3.Lightning Rune

Dragonborn DLC Runes

1.Frenzy Rune

2.Poison Rune

3.Ash Rune

This MOd comes in 3 Versions

1.Full Pack with all 6 Magic Runes which Requires Dragonborn DLC

2.Only Vanilla Runes if you dont have any DLC cause I dont want the Vanilla Players to Miss this Mod

3.Only Dragonborn DLC Runes

How to Install ? Unpack the Archive and simply drop the Data Folder into your Skyrim Main Directory !

EssArrBee, I don't cast the rune spells that much in games, often my only interaction involves stepping on them when going to get Nettlebane or clear Sarthal.

I discovered why I was triggering these magical traps all the time, my decal settings had been zeroed out in my ini files at some point (probably when I reset my files) and the runes were barely visible.

So, I got the runes back to where I could see them better in game and then later on when I found this mod, I couldn't resist.

• 3 months later...

This is another mod I like that I wanted to test and never did. This week's boredom had lead me to testing all weekend, so profit for everyone else.

STEP->HD Runes v1->HD Runes v2

Poison

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Shock

Ash

frost

frenzy

fire (Vanilla->STEP (HD Fire effect)->HR RUnes v1->HD Runes v2)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I like these.

I like these.. V2 has some very cool intricate patterns. Still, I think it could benefit from some shading or.. you know, something to make it blend better. As it is, it is not subtle at all and just seems like paint, imo. I'll try them in-game anyway.

I always think of runes as magical traps.  Traps should be subtle and at least somewhat difficult to see.  While I like many of the new designs in V2, I can't imagine actually playing with them in game.  They stand out too much, and if the NPCs had an ounce of real intelligence they would simply see the rune and avoid it, which makes it rather immersion-breaking when they don't.

• +1 1

I always think of runes as magical traps.  Traps should be subtle and at least somewhat difficult to see.  While I like many of the new designs in V2, I can't imagine actually playing with them in game.  They stand out too much, and if the NPCs had an once of real intelligence they would simply see the rune and avoid it, which makes it rather immersion-breaking when they don't.

Yeah I agree. Now if someone came out with more detailed vanilla rune traps and maybe even some custom designed ones like this mod but made the runes a bit more transparent and/or have a pulsating glow that makes them fade in and out I'd quite possibly use it even if it had scripts.

I always think of runes as magical traps.  Traps should be subtle and at least somewhat difficult to see.  While I like many of the new designs in V2, I can't imagine actually playing with them in game.  They stand out too much, and if the NPCs had an once of real intelligence they would simply see the rune and avoid it, which makes it rather immersion-breaking when they don't.

This.