Serenity ENB

prod80

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this different from the Serenity File that was on the CoT Weather Patch page? I am using that one with enb binary 045 (I was fortunate enough to save the binary before Boris removed it :-)). Should I update to this? Or should I keep that one since this one has effects disabled (I'm assuming you disabled the effects that didn't work well with the new binary?)?

Also, why does this say that CoT is incompatible? I thought we were supposed to use it...just not the interior/dungeon files?

Oh Bro! ;)

I think here it is going to be "RTFM" hehe.

It clearly says that this is for default skyrim, DG, and DB, not COT.

That said, then gratz on release Prod! I will ofc endorse asap! If only because you do not use a default enbeffect.fx file! :D

Oh Bro! ;)

I think here it is going to be "RTFM" hehe.

It clearly says that this is for default skyrim, DG, and DB, not COT.

That said, then gratz on release Prod! I will ofc endorse asap! If only because you do not use a default enbeffect.fx file! :D

Woops!! So where do we get the CoT version anymore? It's gone?

Old Serenity is for CoT yes, and uses old Binary and old coding.

New one is entirely different and both of them arent compatible (ie. You cant switch the enbeffect.fx file and expect it to work). New one looks substentially better imo. But of course it's not using CoT... see the screenshots people are spamming on the mod page in the gallery and the thread and judge for yourself how much you actually need CoT... ;)

In any case switching ENB and disabling CoT and all of its zillion patches to just have a look how exterior world looks is not that much of a hassle. If good enough, you already have ELFX and ELE since you use the previous Serenity (those requirements didnt change).

No harm in trying. If you dont like you simply switch to your old ENB and enable CoT again, piece of cake :P

Edit: yes CoT version is gone. I cant support 2 versions of ENB for 2 different weather mods having weather system enabled. Too much work, not enough time.

Sunrays are enabled in Serenity ENB, only Lens, Reflection and Sunglare are disabled. I think you meant Sunglare ;) Perhaps I'll add sunglare later, when I feel like it, but not at this moment (its not always great since I have some snow weathers with sun intensity at 9.0 to make awesome rays through clouds, which trigger sunglare ... and that's just weird)

Sunrays are enabled in Serenity ENB' date=' only Lens, Reflection and Sunglare are disabled. I think you meant Sunglare ;) Perhaps I'll add sunglare later, when I feel like it, but not at this moment (its not always great since I have some snow weathers with sun intensity at 9.0 to make awesome rays through clouds, which trigger sunglare ... and that's just weird)[/quote']

yea, I meant sunglare. Was that enabled in the CoT 045 version?

Also, does this use the ELE Weather System? I know you had said that was the direction that you were heading in. If so, I can't believe you released this so quick!

Not using ELE weathers as its not needed when you use ENB weathers. And yes Sunglare was enabled in 245 for CoT simply because some people requested it.

Ok. I'm totally gonna switch to this version ;). It looks better. I just need to make sure I install Supreme Storms and ESS NON-CoT versions (was using the CoT versions previously).

Sorry if this is another RTFM question....but does this mean that we shouldn't use your CoT - Weather Patch with this?

How is this different from the Serenity File that was on the CoT Weather Patch page? I am using that one with enb binary 045 (I was fortunate enough to save the binary before Boris removed it :-)).

You do realize you can find most prior versions of the ENB binaries here:

https://forum.skyrimtuner.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=99

I did not know that but that is good to know, thanks. 

Manny's mod is incompatible.. simply try it :P I think you know I'm a weather's guy' date=' and foggy has not suddenly been skipped ;)[/quote']

Phew. Good. The fog was one of the best parts about your Weather Patch. I'm looking forward to giving this one a try!

If I may make one small suggestion...make your waves a bit bigger and turn up the sunscatteringmultiplier man!