Serenity ENB

prod80

DoYouEvenModBro Wrote'DoYouEvenModBro''71746''1393016987'

If I may make one small suggestion...make your waves a bit bigger and turn up the sunscatteringmultiplier man!

Depends on your water mod... so change according to what you like :p

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see RLO is marked as incompatible as well as CoT. I think this is one of those mods we will have to try with an open mind because we are so used to needing things like CoT and RLO to get lighting and weather looking good that it is difficult to accept something new and different.

My first question... are the nights and and shadows as dark as the screenshots imply? Would you rate this ENB as Lantern/Torch Mandatory?

I think this deserves a good look-over and review.

From the video, this ENB actually stays fairly close to vanilla colors; obviously with some enhanced shaders from the ENB. It stays so close, I think it could possibly become a candidate for the official ENB of STEP; not that we're even looking into that at the moment. But for the future, this will be something to keep our eyes on. The only thing I don't like about it, is the ELFX requirement because that is what it's designed around. It would be nice if authors would offer multiple versions designed around different lighting overhaul mods (vanilla, RLO, ELFX, Relighting Skyrim, etc) and not just one. I know that's a lot of work but it's just something I would do if I was an ENB author.

[video=youtube]

Thanks guys.

Yes I try to enhance the vanilla game experience, so for Exteriors I don't do what most authors did like removing the exterior fog entirely and things like that. I build this up so to give a player all the nice graphics possible with DirectX9 as added by Boris and build new effects in the .fx files to my own need.

As for ELFX and ELE as requirement... I picked ELFX and only the main file (not Enhancer and the rest) because this changes all the light sources in the game to a uniform standard. ELE does exactly the same thing for the Image Spaces for Interiors. So given those 2 mods together you effectively normalize the Interior world lighting giving you (an ENB maker) freedom to set it correctly without having to pick a "sub optimal" setting because location xyz has too dark ambient or too bright.

RLO while a superb lighting mod is not so good for ENB tweakers. Mainly because it makes towns too dark when you want dark dungeons. I personally do not like that. Also it is not entirely uniform in its changes so this causes problems with ENB settings which will change everything the same. ELFX main file is much better imo for ENB as this only changes the light sources. ELE changes the ambient. RLO does both at the same time. Without ENB I would pick RLO over anything, with ENB I would pick what I picked now... not because I particularly like ELFX (I don't actually) but because of why I need it. I hope this choice is clear now :)

As for brightness and so on... this ENB comes with a lot of options inside the shader menu which will basically let you turn the game to anything you want, from gritty B&W to split tone, bloomy, contrasty, saturated or not, wild fantasy things, and any combination of because it can blend things together.

As for hodilton's video, looks nice but I think he made it with Revamped Exterior Fog which will destroy the contrasts of this mod, as those contrasted dark shadows is not how its suppose to look (and certainly doesn't look like that for me). Can of course also be that its added by FRAPS or whatever he used, or I am just very sensitive because I spend tremendous amounts of time on the contrasts... :P

Cheers,

prod

I just added that to my description page, I suppose it was missing that it's a "lore-friendly" ENB

You can see simply, I stay pretty true to coloring... honestly I don't think too much issues come if you switch out lighting mod, as long as you keep ELE loaded after it.

Interior without

Posted Image

Interior with

Posted Image

of course for character and exteriors, the difference with ENB is huge... but there again I just tried to enhance and not change

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used to use skyrealism too. Prod, how different is this to the CoT 045 version of Serenity? Can I expect similar? I guess what I'm asking is do you have your own personalized version? Or is the download what you wanted the enb to be?

Also, is morning fogs still compatible?

Edit: ahhh so ESS or Supreme Storms???

Its completely different from the old CoT version... cant compare them.

The download version is my personal version. Morning Fogs doesn't change weather, compatible. ESS needs edits to the _weatherlist.ini inside of enbseries folder for it to work. Supreme Storms needs their own separated weather settings.