Presenting the New STEP Forums

z929669

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit this particular forum software horrifies me, but I am trying to get used to it without prejudice. It's quite difficult though, after suffering from temporary mental death everytime I visit Nexus forums. Some of the functionality really feels awkward. Some is better than the previous forum. I am curious what the future will bring.

I like the new forums. It looks like more functionality when it comes to finding unread posts. I can't get it to fully function with Tapatalk but will try a little more. I liked that it has a mobile version but still uses the full version on my phone since I couldn't jump to unread posts with the mobile version. The full version works quite good on my phone though.

Edit : the "apps" icon in the top right corner of the mobile version of the sight has option to show new content. Really like the new forums. I think I will stop using Tapatalk and use the mobile forums instead.

Speaking of forum links, a useful thing to know about IPB is that instead of this URL:

http://forum.step-project.com/topic/4411-presenting-the-new-step-forums/

You can use :

http://forum.step-project.com/topic/4411-/

Could simplify things if you're going to be running a script to update links.

Also, I guess the Klar Dark theme isn't bad as long as you use stylish to cut down on the wasted space from #ipbwrapper.width, and remove the color picker :P

First impression: impressive new look! It feels fresh and new, well done!

Congrats on a smooth transition guys. 

::EDIT:: 

Oh, I am the Dragon Lord! :D

::EDIT2::

Is there going to be specific bug report thread for the new forums or are we just going to create separate threads in the relevant forum section, as previously? 

This will take some getting used too, but I've used this forum software before (albeit not as an admin) so it shouldn't be too hard. It looks like staff is going to be busy fixing forum links.

Is it will! I knew something was up in the universe last night when my internet when down for a while. I ignored it and went to sleep. I awoke to a different world. This world must be explored and relearned.

*I see not all things are working yet...like the smiley graphics and going to have to resize my avatar*

EDIT: I appear to be a Dragon King! *evil laughter*

Firefox's auto spell check doesn't work inside this reply box... this is going to be bad...

Whoa. With recent meltdowns by the respective creative geniuses of BOSS and ENB, I guess I was totally not paying attention, because I didn't see this coming.

Totally understood that there were good reasons for this - but wow, I can't get over just how much unused screen space there is.

Going to look for a way to have information presented more densely.

Yea, really would like to see a new custom design for this forum. The current design really doesn't fit this site. Other than the Nexus forums themselves, another good example of a well done IPB forum is Spellhold Studios - wondering what parts of that theme can be used here.

Personally, I also don't like the new formatting of the Recent Topics. Having it off to the side just feels weird, and too reminiscent of, well, Wizards of the Coast's really awful forum system. I think if there was a way to move that to the bottom, I would take it.

(Also, I'd kinda want to transfer to Discouse rather than IP Board. Too late to change our minds, but I would rather work with something Rails based rather than PHP.)

Archived