Presenting the New STEP Forums

z929669

Firefox's auto spell check doesn't work inside this reply box... this is going to be bad...

Works for me, both in Quick and Full reply mode

Must have been a fluke bc it's working now.

EDIT: We have to get something better for notification of new replies on the forum. I'm sure that the icons will make a comeback. If they don't, I think highlighting the forums/threads would work very nicely.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having the same issue with Tapatalk failing to connect anymore. Going to see what settings I can tweak as the new boards hurt my eyes... lol. Unfortunately all I've found thus far is the paintbrush.. doh!

Edit: I found this rather funny in my settings area:

You have used 1.83MB of 1000KB

You have 11 attachments (100% used)

Really only 1000KB total for attachments? Granted I haven't used attachments for the most part.. only a few pics and some log files.

Found a problem with wiki editing... using Firefox (as ussual) to edit the SR:LE wiki I get the following message:

Your edit has been rejected because your client mangled the punctuation characters in the edit token. The edit has been rejected to prevent corruption of the page text. This sometimes happens when you are using a buggy web-based anonymous proxy service.

I'm not using a proxy service, just my regular ISP.

Tried the mobile site... unfortunately there is no way to view only updated threads... I tried the "New Content" box but it says No New Content...even though there are dozens of threads updated. That was the biggest plus to using Tapatalk... not having to manually browse and it lays out the latest info in one place.

Tried the mobile site... unfortunately there is no way to view only updated threads... I tried the "New Content" box but it says No New Content...even though there are dozens of threads updated. That was the biggest plus to using Tapatalk... not having to manually browse and it lays out the latest info in one place.

The New Content worked for me.

Also, my content is "You have used 248.92KB of 4.88MB".

Do I get more that 1000K because I'm awesome? :p

Looking into the Wiki issue with edits. Narrowed it down to the Auth plugin, which is odd because I didn't experience it in my VM.

Reverted to the Auth with MyBB for the time being so you can do edits while I try and figure out wtf is going on. Expect some maintenance from time to time that may cause disruptions, but I will attempt to keep them as small as possible.

The problem with TapaTalk is also being looked into, but at this point I think it may have to do with the forum change and something needs to be refreshed/updated with the account on TapaTalk that registered the forum URL. Only Z can do that, but I've sent him a PM to look into it.

After using the new design for a while, I'm sorry to say I don't like any of the available themes. The old forums are much more aestheticallly pleasing in my opinion.

Isn't there any way to get the old look back, or at least to have a theme which looks like it?

Also missing the recent posts section a lot. Furthermore, the old forums had a much clearer overview of the place and what was happening. No more simply refreshing the main page with the new forums it seems.

It's possible I need more time to get used to it but now step looks just like the thousands of other 'modern'  boards out there. Pretty sure many will disaggree with me. Maybe this is just not my preferred style of a forum... Sorry if it sounds like a rant but I just really dislike the looks of it so far....

Archived