32 replies to this topic

#1 CJ2311

CJ2311

Jarl

• Mod Author
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:20 AM

Since the URLs changed with the switch to IPB, the links to forum threads that are automatically generated by the pack and mod forms no longer work.  

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,040 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

It would appear most links on the wiki that lead to the forum on broken. Including those on the mod pages.

If there is no automatic way of fixing this I can get a start on fixing the mod pages at least.

Edited by TechAngel85, 28 February 2014 - 11:33 AM.
Updated

#3 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• VIP-Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

I think the main wiki page also has a broken link. It doesn't say 2.2.8.

#4 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,040 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

Link to this page? It's on the main page for me: https://wiki.step-pr...t.com/Main_Page

#5 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• VIP-Supporter
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Link to this page? It's on the main page for me: https://wiki.step-pr...t.com/Main_Page
Hmm… must of just been fixed. The version link was all messed up. Z probably got to it.

#6 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Step Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

We can't fix this until someone fixes the Mod template.
<span style="float: left;"> {{#if: {{{forumtid|}}} | [http://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=[[ForumTID::{{{forumtid}}}]] Forum]}}
needs to become something like this...
<span style="float: left;"> {{#if: {{{forumtid|}}} | [http://forum.step-project.com/topic/[[ForumTID::{{{forumtid}}}]]- Forum]}}

#7 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

The Mod Form/Template needs to be updated to support IPB URL's. It may be as simple as just updating those two and the information will auto-correct in the Mod pages. I'll take a look tonight.

#8 CJ2311

CJ2311

Jarl

• Mod Author
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

The Mod Form/Template needs to be updated to support IPB URL's. It may be as simple as just updating those two and the information will auto-correct in the Mod pages. I'll take a look tonight.

Sadly, it won't be that easy, since the thread IDs got changed randomly as well :|

#9 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

Yes, updating the templates is relatively straight forward, but we will likely need to revisit each mod page and change each forum ID :sick: (we have our smilies back)

Once we have and answer to the template fix, we'll let everyone know. May need some help with that!

Also, the main page and many of the SMW issues I fixed by refreshing the SMW data via the SMW admin functions, so all should be good now.

#10 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

Sadly, it won't be that easy, since the thread IDs got changed randomly as well :|
Thanks for verifying. Have some manual work to do then.

#11 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • 13,040 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

Yes, updating the templates is relatively straight forward, but we will likely need to revisit each mod page and change each forum ID :sick: (we have our smilies back)

Once we have and answer to the template fix, we'll let everyone know. May need some help with that!

Also, the main page and many of the SMW issues I fixed by refreshing the SMW data via the SMW admin functions, so all should be good now.

I can help change the mod page thread IDs if needed. I can start with the ones currently included in STEP and then work on the other 400+ later. Let me know.

#12 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:05 AM

I have updated the Semantic Form and the Mod Template to use the new structure. The field now takes the ID portion at the end the URL path for a thread. I have updated the Snow & Rocks HD as an example.

In this case, the URL to the thread is https://forum.step-p...-hd-by-darevix/. On the Wiki page at https://wiki.step-pr...now_&_Rocks_HD, edit with form, and entered the ID noted in the title [color=#ff8c00;]1358[/color]  in the Forum Thread Title field.

If there are any questions, let me know.

EDIT:  Updated based on CJ2311's info.

#13 CJ2311

CJ2311

Jarl

• Mod Author
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:25 AM

You don't need to enter that whole string, "1358-" is enough (the - is mandatory for it to work)

#14 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:36 AM

Thanks for pointing that out. Updated my post above and the Snow & Rocks HD page on the Wiki.

EDIT: Edited the Template so it adds the dash (-). Only the ID is required (number is enforced).

#15 CJ2311

CJ2311

Jarl

• Mod Author
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:43 AM

Oops, that explains why I just got a "<Must only contain numbers.>" error when editing the ID for XCE.

BTW, pack forms are still using the old template.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users