No Mouse Cursor!

lokkja

Question

So I've finished the STEP guide, I launch through SKSE and the skyrim logo is spinning, it isn't frozen. I can Alt + W into the steam screen and my cursor is fine. I've tried alt+tabbing out and that doesn't get my cursor back in the menu. The arrow keys do not work for menu selection, nor does the enter key. My cursor just evaporates when in the main menu, any ideas?

I've tried using the default .ini's but that didn't help at all.

do you get the cursor after the main menu if you are able to use the KB to get into the submenus?

You have a problem with one of the interface mods, so uninstall each, one by one until it is fixed and try to figure out why the culprit is misbehaving. It could also be a driver issue in conjunction with the rotating Skyrim mod.

Okay I uninstalled everything and nothing has been fixed. my menu is just black with the bethesda studio in corner and then the menu on the lower right corner. I can't do anything in the menu.

Does anyone have a default controlmap I could download or something? Maybe that's the issue.

you need to completely uninstall each interface mod. might be easier to just uninstall them all and put one back at a time. If NMM is working correctly you will be left with just Translate_ENGLISH.txt in your interface folder.

If I delete the fonts then I have no fonts on the menu. Besides I already uninstalled the fonts just to see if it would do anything, so I know it's not that. The only thing left remaining is the controlmap from hardcoded interface tweaks, which if I delete will not let me launch the game.

Clearly you are not getting clean uninstalls if you are having issues like these. Skyrim works just fine without any interface mods and will work fine again if you uninstall them.

I understand that but most of these installs were loose files and overwrites. NMM is working just fine. For the manually installed I went into their zips looked for the files I had installed from the zips and then deleted them from data.

I have nothing in meshes interface,

in interface itself I have; controls > PC > controlmap.txt (because if I don't then skyrim won't launch. I also have fonts_en2.swf, fontsconfig.txt, and then the translate_ENGLISH.txt

in textures interface I have a couple logo dds but deleting them makes no difference anyways.

Okay I doubt integrity check will work, I'm doing it now anyways.

Here's what I have; I have a backup of my texture folder before the optimizer. Should I revert to vanilla and then overwrite with my texture folder? if so from which mod on STEP do I restart.

Basically I'm asking do I have to start all over again?

Okay I doubt integrity check will work, I'm doing it now anyways.

Here's what I have; I have a backup of my texture folder before the optimizer. Should I revert to vanilla and then overwrite with my texture folder? if so from which mod on STEP do I restart.

A perfect example of why it pays nicely to put time in up front and follow the Wrye Bash wiki guide and use that to maintain STEP. Reverting to vanill a and starting over would all be a trivial issue :)

Okay I doubt integrity check will work, I'm doing it now anyways.Here's what I have; I have a backup of my texture folder before the optimizer. Should I revert to vanilla and then overwrite with my texture folder? if so from which mod on STEP do I restart.

A perfect example of why it pays nicely to put time in up front and follow the Wrye Bash wiki guide and use that to maintain STEP. Reverting to vanill a and starting over would all be a trivial issue :)
if Wrye Bash is so important why is it completely glossed over in the guide?

The textures folder isn't gonna help you with any UI installs, you need a full vanilla backup.

As for the guide glossing over stuff its made pretty clear that installing stuff manually is only for masochists, we have emphasized it more and changed it to a more positive wording in the new guide.