No Mouse Cursor!

lokkja

Question

So I've finished the STEP guide, I launch through SKSE and the skyrim logo is spinning, it isn't frozen. I can Alt + W into the steam screen and my cursor is fine. I've tried alt+tabbing out and that doesn't get my cursor back in the menu. The arrow keys do not work for menu selection, nor does the enter key. My cursor just evaporates when in the main menu, any ideas?

I've tried using the default .ini's but that didn't help at all.

The textures folder isn't gonna help you with any UI installs, you need a full vanilla backup.

As for the guide glossing over stuff its made pretty clear that installing stuff manually is only for masochists, we have emphasized it more and changed it to a more positive wording in the new guide.

I understand it wouldn't help me for a UI install. I'm asking if using the texture folder would push me forward a number of mods so I wouldn't have to start at square one.

The guide says YOU install manually to DECREASE the amount of possible errors. That doesn't make it seem like a lesser choice.

You also EXPLICITLY suggest NOT to use Wrye bash.

I'm not attacking you, I appreciate the guide and realize that it doesn't always work out but these are some things you could really easily change in the guide.

Are you now suggesting to use Wrye Bash? Are you suggesting to use NMM for every mod? What's the deal?

Well those things are in fact true, but if there is a problem with a manual install you have to start over from scratch in many cases. The guide is focused on installation only and not uninstallation, updating, or fixing problems. Only the mod managers can help you can help with those problems, and to restart from scratch is easy as pie if you make a zip file of your Vanilla Skyrim folder before any customization.

Its also good practice to make a full backup of the skyrim folder after completing a full STEP installation, these types of things are included in the Wiki but very few seem to be reading them, the wiki guides are featured a bit more prominently in the new STEP guide so we shall see.

Well those things are in fact true, but if there is a problem with a manual install you have to start over from scratch in many cases. The guide is focused on installation only and not uninstallation, updating, or fixing problems. Only the mod managers can help you can help with those problems, and to restart from scratch is easy as pie if you make a zip file of your Vanilla Skyrim folder before any customization.

Its also good practice to make a full backup of the skyrim folder after completing a full STEP installation, these types of things are included in the Wiki but very few seem to be reading them, the wiki guides are featured a bit more prominently in the new STEP guide so we shall see.

I have my skyrim backed up but installing every mod in the guide all over again takes like three hours. It's just time consuming.

Alright so I think I figured out what may had been the problem. However now when I launch the game everything is fine except for when I make a new character. The game doesn't advance past the executioner part. The woman starts reading me my rights and then I never get thrown down into the position to have my head cut off. The game doesn't crash or freeze it just stops progressing. Any ideas?

Edit: I managed to get past the screen, the dialogue kind of messed up but it worked. I killed the two stormcloaks to the right of you as you walk up to the executioners stone through the console. Then I resurrected the one that follows you.