FNV Guide - Info and Feedback

EssArrBee

It doesn't conflict with the wrapper version either, as long as you follow the simple (to use, not to find) instructions I gave above :-) Moving the d3d9.dll to the exes folder was the tricky bit, only cause it wasn't made clear in most of the documentation and forum posts I read. Everything is working in harmony for me now, looking forward to actually playing. 

NVSE 4.2beta3 is out and it ports sheson's memory patch to NVSE:woot:

Here's the post from the guy who took over developing NVSE...

https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1482519-beta-new-vegas-script-extender-nvse-v4/page-2?do=findComment&comment=23418486

If this thing works, then it truly is a glorious time to be a modder. Someone should make mods that are just giant shrines to sheson.

New finds for possible guide inclusion submitted for your review;

A lore & period friendly, non-nude, pinup & advertisement poster mod: Yam's Pinup Parade by Yamcakes.

A TES5-style comic book system from public domain/expired copyright works: Comic Book System Mod & Resource by Razorwire.

Skyrim style collision for clutter objects ported from FO3, update to correct reported issues is overdue: Precision Collision - Clutter NV by Ste41k.

Edited by redirishlord

Thanks, I've used Yam's before and might still use Open Freeside and Open Strip and they don't go together without some editing that I don't want to do at the moment.

Have seen the Comics mod, but never used it, so I'll check it out.

I did a merged version of the ADAM plugins. Get them here:

https://copy.com/pIPYJoR9sk7wXTfe

Disregard all the ADAM plugins except the Trooper Gloves.esp. Didn't include that since the Trooper Overhaul mod is better than ADAM's trooper module. The project nevada patch is included too. I'll update the guide after I make a new fomod for the merged version.

Okay lets try this one more time.

https://copy.com/qNmqIPxK6HIC

I haven't actually had time to test these out yet, so I'm hoping it doesn't blow up your house in the mean time. They should work if you have all the correct ADAM modules installed. If you follow the ADAM recommendation on the guide then just skip the directions for the NCR Troopers.

Have you seen my house? There's been a nuclear holocaust for Pete's sake, and I haven't started a save-worthy play through yet.

I appreciate you offering a patch, many thanks, I'll install it directly. Edit: looks good in Wrye, will play with it soon.

I took the liberty of advertising your guide and discussion thread in the new 4gb loader & E ENB Nexus posts and the Equipping Overhaul (Skyrim) posts as its author has expressed interest in doing an Inventory Overhaul for FNV once his Skyrim projects are sorted.

Edit: 4.2 beta 3, 4gb loader & enb all playing well and stable together. No mod conflicts or physics issues found so far. I've put in a few hours exploring Goodsprings & rebuilding the Schoolhouse with Mike Hancho's Afterschool Special mod. 

Edited by redirishlord

For your consideration (in response to your latest post on the memory patch porting thread); love EVE, just installed WMX to test that (was using WME before), I use Nevada Skies & ElectroCity/Interior Lighting Overhaul paired with Diablotherium ENB for my weather & lighting. The Diablotherium ENB looks great with aforementioned mods, interiors are rich with moody darkness, rays through windows and mild lens flare from lamps. Exteriors look great with varied clouds and a punishing sun that conveys the heat well. The threat of a rad storm is enough to make you concerned everytime the weather changes; is it cooling rain, blinding sand, or deadly radiation about to hit?

I like the look of Nevada skies, but I don't like that storms happen constantly. It gets annoying when I want to just run around the wasteland and another sand storm hits. It is just to frequent for me and I might look at the URWLNV beta that the Blackout ENB author is doing. It is like nevada skies and URWL combined.