Displaying Recent Posts on the sidebar

CJ2311

Question

There's already a module for Recent Topics on the bar on the right when you're at the forum index, adding another one for Recent Posts would be useful tho.

I haven't administrated an IPB forum in years, but I'm pretty sure it's still just a simple option to check.

It looks like it is not a native option, because a plugin exists for this. s4n will need to grab it if he agrees with this functionality. I personally have no use for recent posts or topics and would opt to be rid of that whole feature to reclaim some of the horizontal space. The forum icons are enough for me to drill down and get to the latest stuff.

https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4548-recent-posts-sidebar-block/

Well you can click on the X icon of that section to be rid of it and expand the main section (the forum remembers whether or not you have hidden the sidebar iirc)

Also, That's weird. It used to be a default feature on IPB 2.x...

Well you can click on the X icon of that section to be rid of it and expand the main section (the forum remembers whether or not you have hidden the sidebar iirc)

Also, That's weird. It used to be a default feature on IPB 2.x...

Unfortunately, it rolls up and not to the right, which is really stupid :/

EDIT: but I must admit my ignorance. Up way too late now, time for bed.

I find the recent posts entries useful. Some threads, especially the Mod Anthology subthreads for individual mods, can have posts in more than one mod in a short time period and it's easy to miss them if you just look at the view of all the threads (e.g., the STEP categories in the Mod Anthology thread).

The problem with New Content on IPB is that if you close the forums without checking some messages and then come back, the messages won't be displayed on the new content list even though they've not been marked as read :|