Over time, and by reading comments of mod authors, I have learned that for certain record types displayed in TES5Edit, when using the conflict filter feature, some records are incorrectly identified as conflicting (ie., "conflicting" = overridden by a plugin which comes later in the load order.)
For example, ripple, the author of Inconsequential NPCs has explained that location persistent references (LCPR sub-records in LCTN / Location records) supplied by different plugins are not actually overwritten by the last mod in the load order LCTN for certain locations (source). The implication here is that all those references are combined and used from all mods with that record type when Skyrim is started. So in other words, when making a compatibility patch in TES5Edit, you do not need to copy overrides for those particular records.
I have asked in a number of places which records types do not need to be carried forward into compatibility patches, but have never received a reply, and still to this day have not found a definitive list in one place. Well, I'd like to change that, and I need your help, if this is something you are knowledgeable about.
Below is a list of record types, grouped by category, that I have read comments saying they are incorrectly identified as conflicting, because they are actually combined at runtime:
A List of Non-Conflicting Record Types seen in TES5Edit [WIP]
Dialogue Topic (DIAL) Record sub-record types:
Dialogue Information (INFO) Record sub-record types:
- PNAM - Previous Info (Confirmed here)
Idle Animation (IDLE) Record sub-record types:
- ANAM - Related Idle Animations (Confirmed here)
Location (LCTN) Record sub-record types:
- ACPR - Actor Cell Persistent Reference
- LCPR - Location Cell Persistent Reference
- RCUN - Reference Cell UNique
- ACSR - Actor Cell Static References
- LCSR - Location Cell Static Reference
- RCSR - Reference Cell Static Reference
- ACEC - Actor Cell Encounter Cell
- LCEC - Location Cell Encounter Cell
- RCEC - Reference Cell Encounter Cell
- ACID - Actor Cell Marker Reference
- LCID - Location Cell Marker Reference
- ACEP - Actor Cell Enable Point
- LCEP - Location Cell Enable Point
Story Manager B??? Node (SMBN) Record sub-record types:
- SNAM - Child sub-records (Confirmed here)
For more details about how the above listed sub-record types merge at runtime, please see this excellent opening thread post by Arthmoor from 12 March 2014. Many thanks to him for confirming / explaining all of these, and a tip of the hat to MonoAccipitor for noticing Arthmoor's post.
I will update this list with additional confirmed non-conflicting record types based on your replies.
Thanks in advance for your help, and let's hope others can benefit from this list!
Edited by z929669, 17 January 2015 - 03:32 PM.