Best Answer DanimalTwo , 04 March 2014 - 06:48 PM
Here how I do it. These instructions assume you know how to use an archive extractor like 7zip (or whatever) and that you know the normal proceedure for installing any other mod using Mod Organizer (MO) in which the DATA folder may not be the top folder.
1. Download SKSE to you MO download directory, just like you would any other mod you wish to install.
2. Using Windows navigate to your MOdownload directory and find the SKSE archive, I use skse_1_07_00.7z.
3. Open the archive with whatever tool you use (7zip, etc.) You will see a directory called "skse_1_07_00", Name maybe different if not using SKSE 1.07alpha.
4. The *.exe and *.dll files in that directory will need to be copied/extracted to your steam skyrim folder (usually "[steam folder]steamappscommonSkyrim"). The files are skse_loader.exe, skse_1_9_32.dll, and skse_steam_loader.dll.
5. Then using MO install the DATA folder as you would any other mod (this is where I assume you know how to do this) and call the mod whatever you like. I use "Skyrim Script Extender".
6. In MO in the left-pane move the SKSE directory to the top of your load order.
7. Using Windows navigate to the SKSE folder and in that folder create a folder named "SKSE". If you are in the right folder before you create this directory you will only see a "scripts" directory.
8. Navigate into the newly created SKSE directory and create a file called "SKSE.ini".
9. Copy and paste the following into the SKSE.ini
10. The [Memory] section is ONLY for SKSE 1.7 alpha. If you do not use that version, do not include that section.
I hope that is fairly clear and simple. There really is no need to create a seperate archive just to install the DATA folder.Go to the full post