I don't understand why this mod is not in STEP. Even with step and the XCE mods, noses looks awful. No more blocky faces is a simple yet very nice addition.
any idea why is not listed?
**EDIT: It was my fault. This mod is included in XCE. Now I have to figure out why the high res textures are not loading for me
EDIT2: My actual problem is as follows:
1) If the Hi res pack files (.bsa) are ticked on the archives tab, but the .esp corresponding files are not ticked, then the hi res textures don't get loaded ((I know this because the rag texture from the character is low quality, and the fixes added by XCE are not aplied, thus making the nose look horrible))
2) If I tick the .esp files on the plugins tab all works fine, no problems at all. But this is not supossed to work like this, even MO itself states that activating those .esp files is not necesary if the bsa files on the archives tab are active. (a brush icon appear next to them).
3) So what I want to know is why I am in the need of activating those .esp files in order for the hi res textures to load.
PD: If a moderator see this, please move this thread to the support area, since its now OT from the mods suggestions.
EDIT3: Solution by TechAngel85
[color=#ffd700;]Moved to Support.[/color]
If the Hi Res Pack files are in BSA format, the plugin must be ticked (activated) no matter what. The plugins are used for reading the BSAs so the textures can be loaded into the game. So unless you extract the BSAs, you're going to have to use the plugins for the textures to load in-game. Unticking the BSAs in the Archives tab is telling MO that you do not wish to load them period. Both BSA and plugin have to be ticked for the BSAs to load in-game. This goes for any mod installed as a BSA and not extracted. That "sweeper" icon is only telling you that IF you extract the BSAs, then you don't need the plugin. If you didn't extract them, then the plugin is required. If you want to extract the BSAs, there are three ways of doing this.
1) Install the Hi Res Packs via MO. Take each Hi Res Pack and add them to their own archive using 7-zip ( highresolutionpack1.7z ). Now you can install them in MO just like any other mod. When MO asks if you'd like to extract the BSAs, you simply say yest.
2) Extract them manually in MO.
2) Manually extract them in your Data folder using BSAOpt.
This Guide will help with the second and third options above: https://wiki.step-pr...nd_Optimization
So in summary, you're either going to have to play with the plugins ticked (activated) or extract the BSAs and use the loose files that result in the extraction. These loose files can be archived using 7-zip and installed in MO just like any other mod.
Edited by JareX, 11 March 2014 - 10:51 AM.