• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 JareX

JareX

Prisoner

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

If the Hi Res Pack files are in BSA format, the plugin much be checked no matter what. The plugin is used for reading the BSAs so the textures can be loaded into the game. So unless you extract the BSAs, you're going to have to use the plugins for the textures to load in-game. Unticking it in them Archives tab is telling MO that you do not wish to load it period. If you want to extract the BSAs, there are three ways of doing this.

1) Install the Hi Res Packs via MO. Take each Hi Res Pack and add them to their own archive using 7-zip ( highresolutionpack1.7z ). Now you can install them in MO just like any other mod. When MO asks if you'd like to extract the BSAs, you simply say yest.

2) Extract them manually in MO.

2) Manually extract them in your Data folder using BSAOpt.

This Guide will help with the second and third options above: https://wiki.step-pr...nd_Optimization

So in summary, you're either going to have to play with the plugins ticked (activated) or extract the BSAs and use the loose files that result in the extraction. These loose files can be archived using 7-zip and installed in MO just like any other mod.

oh man, thankyou very much for you answer.

Just 1 more question:

1) is there any disadvantaje of NOT extracting the bsa files and just leaving the .esp files ticked?

2) does this rule aply for all the files on the plugin tab that shows a "brush" symbol next to them?

ty :)

#32 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

I updated my post while you was replying and answered the second question. :ninja:

There is no advantage or disadvantage with this when using MO. That would be a different story with another mod manager, but the way MO handles BSAs is basically treating them like loose files so there are no priority issues like there are when using WB. The only advantage would be to reduce your plugin count. I personally use the Hi Res Pack as loose files (extracted).

#33 JareX

JareX

Prisoner

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

thanks x 1000 :)

Edited by JareX, 11 March 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#34 FuzzRocket9

FuzzRocket9

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:22 PM

I'm not trying to necro, I just don't want to make another thread. I have Core installed and I'm still getting ugly blocky noses from a few human NPCs. I want to know if I should download this mod on top of the other mods in the Core guide with no problem and get the results I need. Are the blocky noses intended in Core, or was that NSFW GeonoxFaces mod supposed to remove all that?

#35 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:46 PM

XCE and Better Males is suppose to have covered that. No More Blocky Faces is suppose to be in included in the XCE package but the files are missing. You posting this just reminded me of that. You can install No More Blocky Faces after XCE.

#36 FuzzRocket9

FuzzRocket9

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:12 AM

Thank you Dragon King :) I appreciate your help with this!

#37 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

Can anyone here experiencing issues with blocky faces state if they are using the HRDLCs or not? Also, state whether or not those DLCs have been optimized or if you're using an optimized version from an author. Finally, state whether or not you're using Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized or not.

We're trying to determine if the blcoky faces are fixed by the HRDLCs or not. We thought they were, but may be mistaken.

TIA

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users