If the Hi Res Pack files are in BSA format, the plugin much be checked no matter what. The plugin is used for reading the BSAs so the textures can be loaded into the game. So unless you extract the BSAs, you're going to have to use the plugins for the textures to load in-game. Unticking it in them Archives tab is telling MO that you do not wish to load it period. If you want to extract the BSAs, there are three ways of doing this.
1) Install the Hi Res Packs via MO. Take each Hi Res Pack and add them to their own archive using 7-zip ( highresolutionpack1.7z ). Now you can install them in MO just like any other mod. When MO asks if you'd like to extract the BSAs, you simply say yest.
2) Extract them manually in MO.
2) Manually extract them in your Data folder using BSAOpt.
This Guide will help with the second and third options above: https://wiki.step-pr...nd_Optimization
So in summary, you're either going to have to play with the plugins ticked (activated) or extract the BSAs and use the loose files that result in the extraction. These loose files can be archived using 7-zip and installed in MO just like any other mod.
oh man, thankyou very much for you answer.
Just 1 more question:
1) is there any disadvantaje of NOT extracting the bsa files and just leaving the .esp files ticked?
2) does this rule aply for all the files on the plugin tab that shows a "brush" symbol next to them?