Immersive Armors V7 Problem

JareX

Question

I know this is not one of the official STEP mods. But I'm really desperate with this problem.

I installed the latest version of IA after STEP Core (alongdise other mods). And got the following problem:

In the intro sequence the cart start jumping, spinning, bumping and switching like crazy. Really nasty and annoying bug.

This happens no matter the load order I use or the mods I use (although, the less mods I use, the less chance this bug has to happen).

btw, I don't have this problem with IA v6.

oh and I have also already asked for help on the official tread buy seems they dont really know how to fix it. I saw another person with the same problem, but I'm not sure if he fixed it. He metions something about FPS limiter, but I don't really get his point and to be honest I don't want to use weird modifications or 3rd party programs to use this mod.

this is the official mod tread: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19733/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D19733%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D717338&pUp=1

Anyone has experimented this before?

So basically thats not a IA exclusive bug??

Because it only happens when I have that mod installed.

I would really like to know why that glitch happens and how to solve it without having to use an alternate start.

Sadly, I stopped using IA in my new games with it's last update, IAv6 had far less problems...but v7 brought about some really bizarre issues. ( naked NPC's, Ulfric permanently gagged when using alternate start, were the biggies ) .

To some extent, I had to scale back on Book of Silence ( since CCO release ) as well, but using it as a texture replacer...no variants, guaranteed that there were no issues.

Sadly, I stopped using IA in my new games with it's last update, IAv6 had far less problems...but v7 brought about some really bizarre issues. ( naked NPC's, Ulfric permanently gagged when using alternate start, were the biggies).

Those sound like things that a patch in TES5Edit would resolve.

My head is still spinning from the week and a half of building my global compatibility patch plugin, but when that wears off, I'll go back in and look at what I had do with IA7, since I also use CCO. Haven't yet had a chance to try Alternate Start, if you can believe it, though it's sitting, waiting and installed in my MO list, so I'll take a look there too. When I have a chance.

Neovalen's advice to install mods after the Helgen intro is solid, the intro/tutorial is resource intense and an abudanceof mods with it can be problematic. Play through it at least once before going the alternate start route (I don't know if you are new to the game or not, but the original intro is worth playing at least once).

Kuldebar's reference to aMidianborn Book of Silence armor retexture hits home with me, I wear vanilla armors by preference since installing it, they look that good now. Full disclosure, I'm not a fan of Immersive Armor/Weapons, there are much better retextures included in STEP.

Took a quick look in TES5Edit.

With the naked NPCs I'd guess it's related to the bashed patch because IA (7 at least) sets up a lot of outfit records to pull from leveled lists instead of specific items.

Not sure why Ulfric was not losing his gag, but I notice IA changes his outfit record to use a leveled list as well, here:

[16] Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp  Outfit  00045C33 <UlfricOutfit>

The change to leveled list item ultimate leads to a default clothing list which is the same as the original static list in the outfit record. How other clothes / armor gets assigned to him is beyond my scope of understanding, though. Anyhow, the Outfit record I listed above could be patched back to vanilla if it's the source of the problem.

@redirishlord: I agree that there are certainly much better quality textures to be found outside of IA, but what IA brings me that I enjoy is a large injection of variety in a single mod. If I had better than a 1GB video card, and could handle higher res textures, I guess I'd have to reconsider things. For now, though, the increased variety makes up for not being able to increase quality.

@ KeithInHanoi: I will pray to the gaming gods that you might receive a 2gb card, I cannot think of a more worthy pilgrim. you should know the blessings of Cabal and his Book of Shadows.

Well, thank you for the wishes. Alas, it would mean a full replacement of my rig, since I'm a Mac guy for everything else besides gaming.

I will admit though that I've toyed with the idea of putting together a custom-build win box, because my iMac has a special feature where an outside source can drive the iMac's lovely 27" display through a DisplayPort connection (only at 1440p resolution).

Main problem with my plan: in Vietnam all tech is phenomenally expensive (at US suggested retail or higher!)

Oh, and also my wife would kill me.

EDIT: Kuldebar - thanks for the tip on that alternative choice; I'll keep it in mind if I land up running into troubles with IA7 as you did.

Edited by keithinhanoi