Ignore function

CJ2311

Question

11 answers to this question

I must say the IPB ignore feature sucks though, all new posts by ignored members still count when checking the new content page, and you get a big annoying bright white space instead of any ignored post...

Thankfully the second part was fixable with a simple CSS override.

Could you share the override you used? That will save me the hassle of reproducing to track it down. Also, if you notice any similar issues related to ignored users, please let us know and share the fix ;)

So you are saying that MyBB used to exclude posts from ignored members on the new post list for each member? I'll look and see if there is a setting for that, but no promises.

Could you share the override you used? That will save me the hassle of reproducing to track it down. Also, if you notice any similar issues related to ignored users, please let us know and share the fix ;)

I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Kyle.

I'll post a screenshot below to explain why my override might not suit everyone, and what should probably be done instead.

So you are saying that MyBB used to exclude posts from ignored members on the new post list for each member? I'll look and see if there is a setting for that, but no promises.

Yep, that's what I'm saying, and no need to look for a solution, I already did, and the IPB admins basically say to "deal with it" whenever someone criticizes the ignore function. (And there are no plugins either)

Here's what it looks like when I stumble upon an ignored post:

Posted Image

What I did was to entirely remove that white section, but some people (moderators for example) might want to still know that there's a post by an ignored user there, so maybe changing it so it just takes less place and is less ugly would suit people more.

For example:

.post_ignore {       background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% #373F49; /* Maybe not the best color, but I cba to scour the CSS to get the rest of the colors of this theme, it should be easier to do on your side*/       color: #B2B1B0;       font-size: 0.8em; /* Text was too big, and it's color mismatched the rest of the forum*/       padding: 10px;       border: 1px solid #1B1B1B;       margin-bottom: -1px; /* This is here in case the ignored post is not the last post in the discussion, so it'll overlap with the top border of the next post, so there won't be a double border*/    }

Which gives this result, which is already less of an eyesore:

Posted Image

Damn, Windows' snipping tool and image quality really do not rhyme together...

Edited by CJ2311