EotW Dawnguard DLC Textures Remastered (by EcthelionOtW and misslexi)

Noobsayer

Seems like it overwrites part of Explosive Bolts Visualized. Don't know how much of a problem it is, just putting up what MO says.

It does some specific re-textures of the different bolts, as does Explosive Bolts Visualized. It's probably fine to overwrite EBV with this. I'm going to try it out when I get home. Do none of the Cabal mods touch Dawnguard armors? HRDLC dawnguard armor are actually quite impressive. 

just wondering anybody download this yet and did it overwrite and book of silence stuff, because i was wondering can't we just select no to an overwrite and leave the book of silence textures as is and let the mod retexture everything else or is it more convoluted than that 

just wondering anybody download this yet and did it overwrite and book of silence stuff, because i was wondering can't we just select no to an overwrite and leave the book of silence textures as is and let the mod retexture everything else or is it more convoluted than that 

You can do that with any mod, yes :) However if I recall Book of Silence only touches Dragonborn, not Dawnguard. I don't think there'll be a conflict. I can check tonight if nobody else has.

This mod has nothing to do with BoS. It does not overwrite any of its files.

The only conflict is with Explosive Bolts Visualized, but this has already been mentioned.

EDIT: Almost ninjaed by Noobsayer!!!  ::D:  ::D:

Edited by Astakos
  • +1 1

You can do that with any mod, yes :) However if I recall Book of Silence only touches Dragonborn, not Dawnguard. I don't think there'll be a conflict. I can check tonight if nobody else has.

yea id really appreciate that because i have some college stuff to get done. Thanks again :)

This mod has nothing to do with BoS. It does not overwrite any of its files.

The only conflict is with Explosive Bolts Visualized, but this has already been mentioned.

and oh ok sounds great because i got a little worried since it was mentioned about incompatibility with BOS due to Cabal changing the meshes as well

Edited by mightyusaid

Another mod with nice vampire (but not Dawnguard) textures is "Dawnguard Vampire Armors Retexture by Messias Mummo" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28014.

You should look at both styles and see which you prefer.  Messias Mummo's are much more saturated with deep colors and gold filigree work.  In contrast EcthelionOtW and misslexi's are more subdued and austere.  Take a look at both and see which style you prefer - do you like your vampires flashy and glamorous or skulky and sinister?  It's great to have options!

The bolt texture from Explosive Bolts Visualized is made to go with the special arrow textures also used by that mod (BoltFire.dds, BoltFrost.dds, and BoltShock.dds). Actually, EBV's texture is from the HD bolts optional of that mod.

I can go and poke EcthelionOtW about making a compat. patch (texture wise) for both this and Explosive Bolts Visualized.