Requiem Pack (WIP)

Hi folks, Spock and I have been discussing building a full Requiem pack with built in compatibility to CORE, Extended and SR:LE. This will replace current Requiem packs currently published. As well as compatibility with these main builds we want to be able to be compatible with some key packs such as Explorer's guide, War Ensemble, Survival, Weather and Lighting packs as well as currently non existing packs such as Werewolf and Vampire pack (may as well call it Dawnguard pack).

I have begun the wiki page but would like to hear any input or suggestions for this pack in this thread. It will take time to build this pack but much of the work and testing has already been done or is at least ongoing, but we would really benefit from your own experiences as far more people are using Requiem these days so lots of useful tip, trick and or bugs must be out there to help make this pack as complete as possible.

All the best ::):

EDIT: The pack is now live but unfinished. It has more detail that the base Requiem pack as far as mods to add go and mods to change or remove and will work as is. I need to wait for Spock to get some time before doing more on load order and patches. I have not added much for SR:LE yet though I may add the modlist soon. We want to get the STEP part working solidly and patched first.

EDIT 2: Pack is mostly finished as far as STEP and SR:LE goes. Other pack integration is of course still a WIP. Lots of great discussions and testing going on especially with respect to REGS. I will be building up my Survival pack and then adding in instructions on this site. Weather and Lighting is already compatible but cell edits from mods such as ELFX, RLO etc.. potentially provide compatibility problems with Requiem and this is a key area for development. SR:LE as is has it's own survival and lighting sections but is not complete yet, Requiem does complete it in a Requiem y way (not the way Neo is going to go) and the two work well together but you will still run into problems potentially in some cells but generally the game runs great.

LINK

Edited by TechAngel85
  • +1 2

Sounds great, Skyrim would be an absolutely amazing RPG with all of those combined together! And wow.. this undertaking would be impossible without Mod Organizer for sure. The more I use that program the more impressed I am. It makes installing 200+ mods a breeze. I remember struggling with 60 or so mods with NMM where if I wanted to install a new mod I'd have to basically uninstall every other mod first.. talk about a pain.. and even then there were serious conflicts.

They already work with CORE and Extended and SR:LE without any extra patching, but of course if you bring in more stuff from outside of STEP / SR then you start to get into trouble. Have a go with the Base Requiem Pack installed on top of STEP CORE or SR:LE (you will need to add patches for IW, CCO, SIC, Falskaar, Wyrmstooth AFAICR if you use SR and make sure DD loads after Requiem.esp). Works well. But the Guide could be a lot better and more complete and detailed and that is the first aim of this new version of the Requiem Pack.

::):

Really excited about this. I have never tried Requiem but having read the manual I am dying to try it and want to install it on top of my Step extended+REGS+cot/ele/elfx/enb+krptopyr mods install. I am guessing this guide will help alot. I am currently using step, regs and sr:le for reference when doing conflict resolution.

Requiem changes all the perk trees so any mods that alter those would be a problem, I'm thinking of Stealth Skills Rebalanced and her Smithing one in particular - Azirok and Kryptopyr are in communication so possibly more compatibility down the line but I am only guessing the last part. Her choices mod is compatible but you need to enable Sven and Faendar as followers in the Requiem MCM for full compatibility.

I remember kryptopyr posting on the STEP forums about her mods and compatibility with requiem but I cant seem to find it now. Stuff is harder to find, at least for me, since the forums moved but I might be doing something wrong. Anyway, I seem to remember that there should be patches for complete crafting overhaul and stealth skills rebalanced but I can't find them at the momement. Maybe I shouldn't use stealth skills rebalanced and just go for a full requiem experience since I haven't tried it yet. I really like the upgrade levelled items spell and blacksmiths storage chests though, even though some (or most) would consider using them to be cheating. Maybe I won't use them when I come to think about it since requiem seems to be focused on the opposite of what these two mods do. I really want to use kryptopyrs thieves guild followers mod though (Brynjolf and vex, Karliah etc), any idea if these are compatible? I am also using moonlight tales and enhanced skyrim followers - Aela the huntress. Have you checked compatibility with these?

Edit: after searching the forums some more I found your (@smile44) post in the complete crafing overhaul remade thread about requiem, maybe thats what I remember and mixed that up with the patches for SkyRe. I follow these forums on my mobile device and use the new content functions so I end up reading almost everything that gets posted on these forums so things gets mixed up in my mind, sorry about that.

Edited by dreadflopp

Requiem does adjust all of the stealth skills to be more realistic than vanilla, I have not heard of any patch for SSR. Follower mods, moonlight tales and companions are generally compatible as the weapons and armor used by these characters are affected by Requiem. The fight with Vilkas is hard to survive at level 1 which is what you would expect, it takes much longer to get him to put his sword away and you will need to take a healing potion or two to survive long enough for him to consider you worthy.

At least 10, you will need followers to help you at Bleak Falls Barrow that place is a BEEATCH, silver swords and fire spells are the order of the day, arrows are not a lot of use against hordes of the undead.

Edited by Smile44

The pack is now live but unfinished. It has more detail that the base Requiem pack as far as mods to add go and mods to change or remove and will work as is. I need to wait for Spock to get some time before doing more on load order and patches. I have not added much for SR:LE yet though I may add the modlist soon. We want to get the STEP part working solidly and patched first.

If the mood takes you then please have a look and let us know your thoughts, suggestions, critiques etc..

Done Added SR LE + REGS + Requiem with patches for faalskar wyrmtooth immersive armors OBIS immersive creatures. (couldnt help addind enchanting awakened and immersive patrols for requiem)

One question : In the requiem immersive armors patch there is a patch for immersive armors add on. but it needs immersive weapons installed (not in SR LE anymore) any suggestions ?

Any going to test right now....

First CTD after 45 mins, coming out of riverwood going towards the "first" mine.

Load order must be important i guess... Can't make leather out of elk hide (i have a perk in smithing)

Can someone PM me to tell me how to export my load order from MO (and how to put it in the "spoiler" zone in the forum Thx)

Edited by Nicopad