AA types and their overhead in SRLE

I would like to try and understand more about the two types of AA that are recommended in the current SR:LE guide where Vividian ENB is used. The current advice is for both Edge AA and SubPixelAA to be set to true.

I am interested in knowing what overhead comes with each of these and whether, given a 1440p monitor, I would be better off with just one or both AA methods.

My current framerate in and around Helgen is in the mid 40s at 1440p and everything on (ENB, DoF, AA - the full works). If I drop the DoF I move to the low 50s.

The only reason to use them at that resolution is if you actually like the extra blur Edge AA provides. I personally do, but it is not really required at all. 

Subpixel is always really low cost since it only really affects a minority of objects in the game, so it can always be left on without any performance issues. 

Hope that helps a little bit. 

Thanks Aiyen. It's always great to learn more about the mysteries of graphics from you!

So, if I am playing 1960x1080 (or whatever the standard is) on a 23" screen, what does Edge AA do for me? Is the reason I've been thinking Vividian is a bit blurry because I have this turned on?