Lanterns of Skyrim - All In One (by MannyGT)

frihyland

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct. In the new version 2.5 The default light option is built into the mod.

source: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/704084-lanterns-of-skyrim-all-in-one/page-143#entry8986113

When upgrading, some people are experiencing red lights or always on lanterns.

If you're updating MCM version from an older version

type these commands:

stopquest mannylos_quest

stopquest mannylos_mcm

startquest mannylos_quest

startquest mannylos_mcm

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used to use LoS, but then found that no matter what I did for settings with supplied / my own lighting preset, it never looked quite right along with CoT.

I also had the lights not switching problem, and the stop/start quest lines didn't work for me, so I quit using LoS, and later found a mod called Immersive Content - Extinguised Daytime Fires and Lights, which does very similar things to LoS and Claralux, trouble free for me, but (sadly) with an MCM settings menu.

Anyhow, I noticed over in the [testing] thread for Hearthfire Chimneys that TechAngel85 mentioned that LoS is likely being taken off the STEP Extended list, and I am curious why - ???

This is the reply I sent DoYouEvenModBro:

With 2.2.9 Extended is being re-evaluated completely; thus, any mod in Extended could possibly be dropped. I will not discuss them all; however, since I brought this up in a thread in response to a possible conflict, I will say that is mod will most likely be one that is dropped. The main reason being is that we feel it adds too much to the game overall. We enjoy the extra lanterns in and round the towns but having them line every single road is a bit excessive and unrealistic when you think about what it would take to maintain these lanterns (even with the Caretakers mod). We're considering asking the author for a version that only includes towns and the outskirts of these town, but we're not getting our hopes up for that.

This is the reply I sent DoYouEvenModBro:

With 2.2.9 Extended is being re-evaluated completely; thus, any mod in Extended could possibly be dropped. I will not discuss them all; however, since I brought this up in a thread in response to a possible conflict, I will say that is mod will most likely be one that is dropped. The main reason being is that we feel it adds too much to the game overall. We enjoy the extra lanterns in and round the towns but having them line every single road is a bit excessive and unrealistic when you think about what it would take to maintain these lanterns (even with the Caretakers mod). We're considering asking the author for a version that only includes towns and the outskirts of these town, but we're not getting our hopes up for that.

I see. Well, just so you know, in some PM exchanges with the author of the similar mod I mentioned, IC-EDFL, he's re-working it to make some major improvements, and seems very open to the idea of optional versions that are compatible with other mods or different configurations of the added lights that switch on and off.

Thanks for the explanation.

I used to use LoS, but then found that no matter what I did for settings with supplied / my own lighting preset, it never looked quite right along with CoT.

I also had the lights not switching problem, and the stop/start quest lines didn't work for me, so I quit using LoS, and later found a mod called Immersive Content - Extinguised Daytime Fires and Lights, which does very similar things to LoS and Claralux, trouble free for me, but (sadly) with an MCM settings menu.

Anyhow, I noticed over in the [testing] thread for Hearthfire Chimneys that TechAngel85 mentioned that LoS is likely being taken off the STEP Extended list, and I am curious why - ???

There's a CoT mod for LoS and also, depending on your ENB, there's often a esp to sync the LoS lantern's with the enb preset. Grim & Somber has one, for instance. Without the LoS adjustment. lanterns tends to give off a really red light.

The info was gathered from the Proposal which hasn't seemed to get much attention as I've updated several things on it without any replies.

Yeah well, I'd put in my 2c but apparently I don't have access, which to be quite honest is stupid.

At any rate I don't suppose STEP needs a lighting solution for the roads at night (since we don't advocate ENB besides boost, or anything that makes nights darker...) but, it does add a bit to the believability to the paved roads IMO, the only thing that could possibly fill the hole is Claralux and from what I remember it was a nightmare.

• 3 years later...

The link from this mod's wiki page to this thread is broken.

I loaded STEP Extended, with this mod included, and noticed the mod is buggy.

The candles in the lanterns are always on. They do not go off at 1900 and on at 0700 as they are supposed to.

It has been a known problem since at least Nov 2015, as documented on the Nexus mod posts page.

Candles on during the daytime kills the immersion for me. I'll have to uninstall the mod.

The link from this mod's wiki page to this thread is broken.

Thanks! Fixed.

The candles in the lanterns are always on. They do not go off at 1900 and on at 0700 as they are supposed to.

Yep, that how the mod works. Directly from the author's mouth: "...the light source go away when it should but the candle flame remains."

It has been a known problem since at least Nov 2015, as documented on the Nexus mod posts page.

Care to provide a link?

Candles on during the daytime kills the immersion for me. I'll have to uninstall the mod.

Well, that how the mod works and that is just about crazy and I'm going to tell you why...

I'm going to point something out to you that is really going to drive you batty. All the candles in the entire game (both indoor and outdoor candles) stay lit 24/7...they are never extinguished. I know...I'm evil for pointing that out. :devil: :innocent:

Care to provide a link?

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/704084-lanterns-of-skyrim-all-in-one/page-178&do=findComment&comment=30225000

Well, that how the mod works and that is just about crazy and I'm going to tell you why...

I'm going to point something out to you that is really going to drive you batty. All the candles in the entire game (both indoor and outdoor candles) stay lit 24/7...they are never extinguished. I know...I'm evil for pointing that out. :devil: :innocent:

Every time I'm in Whiterun I notice the braziers/fires are on all day, which I find very distracting. I've noticed the vanilla lantern candles are also always on, they are less distracting but I still don't like it. I don't want to install a mod which makes the problem even worse.

I found this mod: Remove Distracting Things by kojak747

It has an option

"Remove Distracting day light bulbs from cities - Timed City Lights Merged.

This mod puts all the cities exterior light bulbs onto a timer so they switch off during the day. This mod only attaches a single script to exterior vanilla light bulbs in cities. It does not touch fixtures or fittings."

It looks promising. I'll test it out after I finish getting STEP Extended setup.