Realistic Lighting With Customization (by The Realistic Lighting Team)

ivactheseeker

A slightly unfair comparison if you ask me. CoT isn't supposed to change the look of the vanilla game, but rather enhance upon it. CoT is all about the weather, additional visuals and creating actual regional climates in Skyrim.

You've also used settings that aren't really comparable, default CoT is hardly a lighting mod (if you don't use additional plugins). Using vanilla settings, you've pretty much compared the vanilla game to RLWC. Forgetting that the core recommendation of STEP is CoT + CoT compatible ENB.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus check my post on the TES5edit thread, you will be able to easily merge CoT and RLWC as you like.

I'll gave to check that out. I always thought a combo of the 2 would be great for those if us who can't run an enb without sacrificing huge performance.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

RLWC is a weather mod though. The next release will have 800 new weather effects. One advantage of RLWC is that it comes ready to look great. And there are RLWC ENBs out there, I think if anything there may be more than CoT. It is great that you can merge the two mods if you like, but it is unreasonable to expect the average STEP user to do that. The two aren't compatible so in the end you can only recommend one. For what reasons is CoT a better mod than RLWC?

Currently it is, as I said 3 months ago that will likely change when RLWC 4.0 comes in a few more months. We have had every different top lighting mod in STEP at one time or another. None of them ever stay on top for long, and its always a tradeoff. Best idea is to combine the strengths of each for STEP.  Its not that hard just rather time consuming and requiring a good eye, and luckily it is a specialty of TheCompiler.