TouringCarriages SOS and Many Other Mods Compatibility Patch by UniqueOne

Kuldebar

TouringCarriages SOS and Many Other Mods Compatibility Patch by UniqueOne

This fix appears to work for the prisoner cart issues (especially with the latest Immersive Armors installed) and based on user comments it is a fix for the vanilla game Prisoner Cart and:

- Touring Carriages
- Dragonkiller Cart Reloaded
- Scenic Carriages
- Gypsy Eyes Caravan

Posted Image

Here is a compatibility patch for all those who have been wanting one.

This will most likely fix any other mod that causes the "crazy runaway carriage" issue as well.

It turns out it was actually pretty simple, just a single value change in NifScope on the carriage model used.

* Compatibility with possibly many mods (anything that causes carts to flip or act weird).
* Decreases chances of TC bugging out and never reaching destination (tree or rock in the way? This will fix many).
* Fix has no dependencies - but is obviously pointless without TC.
* Replaces no files, and has no scripts, nothing added to your save game, so can be installed/uninstalled without any issues at any time.
I looked at the Dragonkiller mod, and I think the fixes would work, but the permissions on his mod currently are set to not allow me to upload a fix.

Feel free to make your own fix for it and give it a try.

Here's how:
1. Load his cart model(s) into NifScope.
2. Go to bhkCollisionObject->bhkRigidBody
3. At the bottom window of NifScope click the flag next to "Col Filter" and select "Linked", "No Collision", and "Scaled".
4. Save the file.
5. Repeat 1 to 4 for each additional cart model.

Good luck.

Edited by Kuldebar

I may be having a brain fart moment, but I just can't install this via MO... None of the available installer plugins were able to handle the archive. I've had this issue in the past but I managed to workaround it by downloading manually now not even that :/ (don't tell me it's OT it only happens with this file!)

Hmm, I manually downloaded it from Nexus and then selected the archive to install in MO. Nexus has been acting up of late so I don't always use the download with manager button.

The "fix" is one mesh:

Posted Image

Wait, what I see in the picture is caused by Touring Carriages?

TC has last been updated much later than this patch, too, so I am not sure whether it's needed at all.

No. But, Touring Carriages do suffer from the same malady and can be fixed by all accounts with this mesh edit.

Well hoping to get more peeps to test it out...so we can see. I liked the Touring Carriage mod, but the carriage was way to erratic and honestly the way it swung at weird angles killing NPC's wasn't my cup of tea. I no longer use it, but mayhaps this mesh file fixes the TC Mod and makes the carriage run normally.

I just finally had a chance to try touring carriages just last week and all the swinging back and forth and knocking NPCs down left me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

My second ride did not go so well the second time when we smacked into a signpost, and the mod had to go into "recovery" mode.

I've also had some very jumpy opening cart rides, so I'll be giving this a try soon & will report back here.

I've never had this problem with Touring Carriages, though I've heard for some having above 60 FPS made the physics wonky (as with all Skyrim physics).

Yes, the physics issue with Skyrim 60+ FPS can cause the issue but so can a slew of really weird things: Schlongs of Skyrim, Immersive Weapons, Helgen Reborn, and various carriage texture/mesh modifications.

It's rather strange to think that changing an NPC's armor or equipped slot could cause the carts to act erratically, but this has been a thorn in the side of players and modders for a long time...so, I am very interested to see if it can finally be put to rest.

Blurbs:

Immersive Armors

Posted by JareX on 05 March 2014 - 07:46 AM in Skyrim Uploaded Files

First of all, thank you for this mod!!! I can't play without it. It's awesome!!!

i need some help.

I have a nasty bug in the intro sequence whenever I active this mod:

Every time I start a new game the carriage starts jumping, bumping and moving like crazy. after everyone gets off the cart everything turns normal.

anyone knows how to fix this??

Posted by xancath on 25 February 2014 - 09:42 PM in Skyrim Uploaded Files

Just downloaded skyrim on a new pc, configured everything and ran into this problem. I went through 3 hours of checking each individual mod/fresh installing/turning on/off v-sync/etc before I found that immersive armours was the culprit(turning it off solved the problem completely).

REALLY bummed about this because I was looking forward to IA7, I hope a solution is found soon.

EDIT: Ulfric definitely has something to do with these shenanigans; Whenever the carriage starts whirling at the start he's(usually) missing his armour, and sometimes after fleeing into the tower in the intro he's talking with his gag still on(lol).

EDIT 2: The bug only seems to happen with 70% of new games (aside from being very confusing, this made troubleshooting my problem very frustrating as it would throw off determining whatever I "thought" to be the cause.). Constantly retrying until you get a successful new game sounds like a decent enough temp fix but I'm concerned if something with the mod starts flipping out later on in a playthrough, ruining it Posted Image

Helgen Reborn

Posted by Aeradom on 21 September 2013 - 01:06 AM in Skyrim Uploaded Files

Wow I'm an idiot. So I started up my game and the moment it started, the carriage ran into the one in front of it and then started doing 360 barrel rolls. After I saw that happened twice, I thought myself, "Hmm, I wonder what could be doing that." Then I looked over your page once more and saw that recommendation. Just thought I'd pass along to everyone, if Mike was being too subtle, then let me break it down for you... YOU WILL DIE IF THIS IS LOADED WHEN YOU START NEW GAME! Mod looks fun though, can't wait to give it a try.

I sent a link to this thread to the author of Touring Carriages and here's his statement:

Don't be silly. That bogus patch has been floating around for awhile. All it does is make the wagon body have no collisions. It also sets a couple of other flags that ruin the body model.

TC has no known problems with SoS -- that is, Sounds of Skyrim. There's a piece of horsepucky called Schlongs of Skyrim that doesn't work with anything, because the idiot modder bounces his junk off everything around it.

What an awesome reply.

Reading through Touring Carriages comments thread in more depth, it becomes clear that the collision area around the wagon is needed to "knock" NPC's out of the way, as the wheels of the carriage could otherwise kill them.

The side effect is that if you have anything in the way of the normal vanilla navmesh road paths, you'll most certainly get a collision - as the author has mentioned in his comment thread sticky post.

Nonetheless, I'm still going to try this supposed mesh fix just to see what happens.

Wild guess here, but I'd imagine the IA7 issue has to do with some mesh provided with the mod having collision flags set.

TC has no known problems with SoS -- that is, Sounds of Skyrim. There's a piece of horsepucky called Schlongs of Skyrim that doesn't work with anything, because the idiot modder bounces his junk off everything around it.

Oh god... I can never quite get over the whole idea that someone actually thought it would be cool (in a way) to overhaul the game to be about junks. And, the saddest/funniest thing about it all - I'm actually using it as a body replacer for males. The Light version (which is just the body replacer), but still. I think I'll switch to Better Males next game - it isn't as overtly ridicilous.Also, yes, why did that author choose a name that can be easily confused with another really well-known mod? Now, when someone says "SOS", I'd have to spend thought about whether the user means male crotches, sound enhancements, or just needs help.Right... that was a tangent. And a really weird sentince for anyone to say.