Glorious Fort Dawnguard by Dahveed

Kuldebar

Glorious Fort Dawnguard by Dahveed

There's a few aesthetic details to work out, but I am tracking this mod currently because it does address some glaring issues with Fort Dawnguard and its vicinity. I looked into some Ft. Dawnguard revamps, but they seemed to have technical issues involving navmesh or similar showstoppers.

::(: OOPS! Nearox reports:

1. I just checked it in tes5edit, and it comes up with 56 ITM and 96 UDR. Could you please check it yourself with TES5edit and let us know if any of these are intentional?

2. TES5Edit also reports 1 deleted navmesh. COuld you change this into a disabeld one, as per Arthmoor's instructions found here: https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/3337-skyrim-fixing-navmesh-deletion-using-tes5edit/

3. There appears to be a wild edit here, where a restoration trainer got changed into an archery trainer. https://puu.sh/7Gntq.png.

4. A couple of dirty edits in whiterun and the college of winterhold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Rg7AMVaIAKM

1 - FORT(IFIED) DAWNGUARD (AKA GLORIOUS DAWNGUARD)

Cutting to the chase, this mod adds the following:

TL;DR: Adds fortifications and NPCs, on the outside of the fort especially, to give a more glorious and well-protected look to Fort Dawnguard.

- Additional guard posts outside of the main fort, in the world space leading from Dayspring Canyon, across the path therein, up to the fort itself.
- A sparring area where NPCs duke it out to hone their skills.
- Additional structures outside of the fort
- Improved banner textures to replace the pathetic, ragged, hole-ridden Vanilla textures (Big thanks to HXP for providing these!)
- Additional banners with increased size placed on the ramparts of the main fort and throughout the environs which say 'BOOYA WE'RE THE DAWNGUARD!" to anyone within 20 miles!
- About a dozen generic NPCs who patrol the outside and inside of the fort
- 2 new trainers - One-handed weapons and archery
- Additional eye candy scattered here and there
- A torture area in the cave inside the fort
- 3 unique named follower NPCs, with different specializations and each with their own Shout
- a stable with 2 horses that members of the Dawnguard can use
- a stock room full of Dawnguard weapons and armour, which can be accessed if you make friends with the right people in the Dawnguard
- additional exterior lighting for the pathways leading to the fort
- A few additional easter eggs which might be stumbled upon as you explore the fort, including some new books based on a very old and well-known story from western culture.

Edited by Kuldebar

(╯°□°)╯︵ REGS

Seriously though, mod looks promising, but it has a bit too many bugs like floating/clipping stuff, unleveled terrain and lighting issues. Ganda actually made a flickr gallery with screenshots of said issues.

Also the fact that it has 2 beacons of the daedric lord meridia at the entrance when the Dawnguard is basically affiliated to the Vigilants... Not too sure about that.

A good concept, but perhaps needing some polishing. The Dawnguard definitely need some more love, I'm sick of all the vampire glamor!

(Speaking generally and not necessarily about this mod in particular...) I always wonder on ambitious projects like this if it would not be a better strategy to start out with something small but polished and then add on to it rather than a large and ambitious but not really playable at first.

A good concept, but perhaps needing some polishing. The Dawnguard definitely need some more love, I'm sick of all the vampire glamor!(Speaking generally and not necessarily about this mod in particular...) I always wonder on ambitious projects like this if it would not be a better strategy to start out with something small but polished and then add on to it rather than a large and ambitious but not really playable at first.

It is much harder to start with a small thing then expand though. The way that the landscape tools in the CK work, it's easier to just level the whole area then work on it again, rather than try to raise the ground with increments that are way too big. (We're talking worse controls than Simcity 4 terrain here, for example the flatten terrain option with a brush size of 1 will level the terrain under breezehome if you use it at the entrance of the whiterun)

CJ requested that I posted my screenies here. Besides all the dirty edits (although simple cleaning takes care of most, there are a few in whiterun that need to be manually done). If it edits the interior it is very well done as I did not seem to find any changes. These are most simple to fix and if the author actually takes care of these it can be a great mod (with the followers optional)