Save game script cleaner by Hadoram

rootsrat

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think for now I'll test drive the cleaned save without uninstalling Duel and see if it's working as it should. Fingers crossed.

Yesterday I was checking out your endorsed mods and I grabbed a few of them, hope you don't mind! Do Riverside Lodge or Mammoth Manor have any conflicts with REGS? Which of those do you prefer? What is that SPERG WAF file? I haven't finished all my patching, yesterday I patched Endgame NPC Overhaul with BOYD changes.. took ages because I don't know how to add Script records if it doesn't let you drag and drop (eg. Farkas, Vilkas) so you have to manually add the perks after Copying and Overriding from BOYD.

phryxolydian, on 24 May 2014 - 6:08 PM, said:phryxolydian, on 24 May 2014 - 6:08 PM, said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think for now I'll test drive the cleaned save without uninstalling Duel and see if it's working as it should. Fingers crossed.

That sounds like a good plan, that way you make sure you have issue cleanly knocked out.

QuoteQuote

Yesterday I was checking out your endorsed mods and I grabbed a few of them, hope you don't mind! Do Riverside Lodge or Mammoth Manor have any conflicts with REGS? Which of those do you prefer? What is that SPERG WAF file? I haven't finished all my patching, yesterday I patched Endgame NPC Overhaul with BOYD changes.. took ages because I don't know how to add Script records if it doesn't let you drag and drop (eg. Farkas, Vilkas) so you have to manually add the perks after Copying and Overriding from BOYD.

Riverside Lodge or Mammoth Manor...the only possible issue could be with Mammoth Manor and the Moon & Star Village, but I don't use REGs completely, only the Cities and ETaC stuff. Mammoth Manor lies on the shore of the same lake, so I don't know how it will work with Moon & Star. I prefer Mammoth Manor over the Riverside Lodge, and chose it out of the two because it literally has everything one could want in a good location. It's also cool because you do have to "earn" the house by killing off some nasty interlopers that killed the previous residents. Don't forget to use the broom provided to "clean" up the mess.

I use SPERG (minus two of its perk trees), the SPERG WAF is a patch for SPERG and Weapons and Armor Fixes compatibility.

Adding script records, definitely outside my field of knowledge, but in the past when I used Requiem I had to convert some follower addons (Vilkas/Farkas/Onmund, etc) to Requiem's changes so they wouldn't be nerfed. But, I threw in the towel on Requiem, it kicked my ass...I did like what it did to the game though, for the most part.

Edited by Kuldebar

Doh, forgot I'd already merged that patch into my Core patch.

I'll have to check Lupus' mods in-game, then. I am using Moon and Star so I'll keep an eye out, as well as checking with TES5Edit.

EDIT: Well, neither of the cleaned saves improved the shaking one bit so I'll keep using my uncleaned save. Looks like I'm stuck with a 5.8 earthquake for the rest of my playthrough. Thankfully it's only on some places like Lakeview Manor.. what a nightmare.

Edited by phryxolydian

• 3 months later...

I have used this quite a bit now.  I tried to start a new game with every mod I was ever going to run but that never happens.  I use full STEP extended with about 1000 mods total.  I have only uninstalled two mods in 45 levels: R&D in favor of iNeed; and Another Sleep Mod in favor of Immersive Beds.  When I make a clean save I always use the Save Game Script cleaner before installing the replacement.  Where I have used this quite a bit though is in updating mods.  So for example when I upgraded Inigo 1.1 in favor of Inigo 2.0 there were problems because even with a clean save the scripts are still trying to run in the background.  By using the tool I made a truly clean save and then installed the update.  I most certainly do NOT use this on every update.  I only use the tool when I know the mod will never function correctly without a new game or a script scalpel.  My current save is at over 100 hours and is relatively stable.  I do get CTDs from time to time but I know it's either related to going over 4gb of RAM or from having multiple mods fighting over inventory managment: equipment overhaul, LSAR, Devious Devices, Undies Underneath, and probably more.  Like I said: over 1000 mods merged down to 100 esps.  All that being said I believe Save Game Script Cleaner is very safe to use.

I have used this cleaner with great success after upgrading mods that had fewer scripts in the new version than the old version.  The cleaner was able to identify and clean out references to the orphaned scripts (I confirmed this manually by my own inspection in the old/new mod file list).

I was a bit surprised that no one in this thread mentioned the other major script cleaner called "Savegame Script Scalpel" (mod #53045 on Nexus).  I started using that cleaner and it is supposedly more sophisticated at detection and cleaning of scripts. The author has a stickie in the posts area that compares his tool against the Savegame Script Cleaner.

LOL that's like saying you never brushed your teeth and your teeth ached all the time, but you assumed you had no cavities.  You shouldn't wait till you have a corrupt savegame because then it's too late.  If you remove or update mods that have scripts you should at least check your savegame...

Edited by Glanzer

• 2 weeks later...

I have used this quite a bit now.  I tried to start a new game with every mod I was ever going to run but that never happens.  I use full STEP extended with about 1000 mods total.  I have only uninstalled two mods in 45 levels: R&D in favor of iNeed; and Another Sleep Mod in favor of Immersive Beds.  When I make a clean save I always use the Save Game Script cleaner before installing the replacement.  Where I have used this quite a bit though is in updating mods.  So for example when I upgraded Inigo 1.1 in favor of Inigo 2.0 there were problems because even with a clean save the scripts are still trying to run in the background.  By using the tool I made a truly clean save and then installed the update.  I most certainly do NOT use this on every update.  I only use the tool when I know the mod will never function correctly without a new game or a script scalpel.  My current save is at over 100 hours and is relatively stable.  I do get CTDs from time to time but I know it's either related to going over 4gb of RAM or from having multiple mods fighting over inventory managment: equipment overhaul, LSAR, Devious Devices, Undies Underneath, and probably more.  Like I said: over 1000 mods merged down to 100 esps.  All that being said I believe Save Game Script Cleaner is very safe to use.

Do you really have merged a thousand esps down to 100 lolWhen I first read it I thought "yeah right, and 60% of that are texture replacers or something" but your phrasing seems to indicate it's actual esp mods...

yeah how in the world would you have 1000 esps merged to 100.  I thought my load order was huge with about 265 plugins merged to about 240.  And there are maybe 320 mods for that, a lot of them small texture mods with no esp of course.

1000?  Really?

yeah how in the world would you have 1000 esps merged to 100.  I thought my load order was huge with about 265 plugins merged to about 240.  And there are maybe 320 mods for that, a lot of them small texture mods with no esp of course.

1000?  Really?

Depends on what is combined. My personal weapon esp that is similar to Immersive Weapons is upwards of 50 esps on its own merged into one.

well, yeah. but you have to admit, even though merging 1000 simple esps (weapons / clothing / armors addons / whatever) is theorically possible and not technically hard, the question remains : how the hell can someone get the need to merge 1000 esps in the first place, because that's a pretty far cry from your 50 mods-in-one plugin :D

Hi, Ive read this whole thread and I think that I have arrived at the right place to ask, whether I should give it a go or rather keep my saves as is. I hope you guys can help me make the decision:

Im running 95 plugins and 105 mods with Mod Organizer (half of them still on NMM). I have recently cleaned my master files with TES5Edit after experiencing some CTDs (or rather random minimizations, turns out those were simply because of old drivers). Im not having any issues, such as corrupted save files or too many CTDs. But I did uninstall and re-install my mods quite recklessly in the past, before I knew that you shouldnt do that. A few days ago, I ran into the first message, informing me on load up, that "some objects" were missing in this save file because, as I knew some mod had been recently uninstalled. Because I had no immediate problems, I kept playing on those save games. Now probably all of my more recent save slots are overwritten from that point onwards and I also ignored the warning on several occasions since then (installing and uninstalling more mods).

Now, with my game still being quite stable, the seed of worry has been sawn into my conscience by you guys and I wonder if I should clean my saves with this tool proactively before saves get corrupted and maybe to unlock some additional performance. Im also inclined to try some new mods which are known to maybe cause problems with my set up (but that only becomes apparent after hours of game play), so I would not try them unless I knew that I could safely remove them.

Please give me your ideas, thx!

P.S.: Hail Sanguine!

• 4 months later...