WSCO - Windsong Skyrim Character Overhaul (by Windsong)

Crimson13

Discussion thread:

WSCO - Windsong Skyrim Character Overhaul by Windsong

Wiki Link

Author put down that it's a body, hair, and face improve. Looks pretty good in the images that are up on the mod page. Seems like it's incompatible with other body/face/hair mods, which makes sense. Seems like though a few of the STEP mods can be used with this, Beards and Cover Khajiits are on the recommended list. It also looks like it has a optional Better Males choice as well.

Edited by TechAngel85
  • +1 1

I am tracking this one as it does not only replace UNPB and Better Males but also mods that specifically improve key NPCs / followers in the game and it does look good. If it works with XP32 skeletons then it is golden.

::): 

Apparently you don't need to make a new save game for this, although considering the mods you might have to uninstall so there aren't any conflicts there might be problems. If it does need a new game via by the mod itself or the conflicts from the uninstalled mods then I'll probably wait until the 28th. Civil War Overhaul and Dragon Combat Overhaul are apparently getting an update so a new game might be required just for them anyway.

What I read from his response was that you don't need to start a new game, but any NPCs you have already met will retain (some of?) their appearance or stats from before.

I am 95% sure that named NPCs have their appearance and stats from the ESM/ESP set when they are first loaded.  (There ae some weird excpetions like Aela, Hadvara nd Ralof that seem to actually be multiple different NPCs with some version of them being loaded later in the game - but I am much less certain of this and how it works.)

Edited by statmonster

Apparently it works fine with XP32 Maximum Skeleton, Windsong uses XP32 Maximum Skeleton himself (I think Windsong is male, I looked and didn't see any tells.).

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showuser=5686364Forum profiles are your friend.@statmonster: Never had any issue with using NPC appearance replacers (Everybody's Different, Better Vampire Fangs and Eyes, Xvision Children, Immersive College of Winterhold...) mid-game.But of course I have no idea on how this particular mod works :P Edited by CJ2311

I forgot to check the forum profile, I just checked the nexus one, haha.

And yeah, I think a new game would be recommended in this case. I'm trying it out and some NPC's look off. Apparently NPC's you've already met hold some of their faces/bodies so things can seem odd like the author and statmonster said. I can't give an endorsement on it until I get the "pure" look the mod was going for so I guess it's til the 28th for me, then I'll get back to this.

Also for compatibilities the author has some of XCE's stuff. I don't if the whole thing used in STEP would be fine with it or not, I loaded this with the in STEP and I thought the odd looking people was because of conflicts so I uninstalled it. But since the people look funny because I already encountered them it might just be that. Again, I'll try it out around the 28th.

Edited by Crimson13

The mod does not seem to carry forward fixes from USKP or the Unofficial Dawngaurd Patch, so a compatibility patch will be needed.

Brodual has a video up reviewing the mod which seems to give a good taste of what it looks like:

Wow - did not know the video would embed like that by just picking up a link!

Edited by statmonster

• 2 weeks later...

So far it's looks great. Really liking it so far, the only issue is seemingly with the BetterNPCs.esp. I've been getting quite a few grey faced NPCs, I couldn't find anything overwriting WSCO via MO so I checked TES5Edit. Seems like it conflicts with SUM, which is a bit worrying. It's likely due to my setup but I'm hesitant to put the BetterNPCs.esp after SUM, it's one of those 'I dunno...' things.

I'll give it a try and hopefully nothing bad happens.

Great mod, have been using it the minute it was released and it was initially added to an existing game and now a new game.  Simply works.  The NPCs don't look like manga or hentai characters unlike some other mods, everyone simply looks more refined, like the creators simply made more of an effort with the sliders.  

Is in my load order for good.

There is no reason to use Better NPC with this mod as both does pretty much the same thing, except Windsong's mod edits a ton more NPCs with bigger scope.  Certainly a subjective thing though.  If you like Better NPC more, than load it below Windsong.  Of course they conflict, they edit the same things!

Edited by Garfink

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

This has moved to a new page and been slightly renamed.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71059

"WICO - Windsong Immersive Character Overhaul"

Should the opening post be updated to reflect the changes or is a new thread needed?

Edit:

I just revisited the mod on the Nexus and it seems the author is now updating the mod on it's original page after all.

The title has not been renamed but in the download section the mod is now called WICO instead of WSCO.

Edited by lilrosaleen