Photo

SOLVED: Unofficial Skyrim Patches breaking Vampire Body/Face Textures

Best Answer z929669 , 23 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

@Kelmych

NICE, you have resolved the issue I think.

If one does not have the DLC, then one will get the USkP changes, regardless of using MO or not.

However, if one DOES have the DLC, then the USkP verion is incorrect (it must be different than the DG fix), and it persists for MO users following the MO protocol, and you get the issue. Hiding the USkP assets allows the DLC content to shine through, right!?

I am anxious for Kludebar to comment at this point. I don't have time to verify, and I think that as the issue invoker, he needs to rule out this seeming probability.

Very nice. I have been looking for a good example to corroborate what Arthmoor et al have been arguing and validate the concern that there are use cases where the elegance of MO standards could break things unless we either inform the user or add in some contingencies.

EDIT: I have the same issue regarding prioritization, so if someone can direct me where I can find the NPC in question, I will check.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 Kuldebar

Kuldebar

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:29 AM

Don't forget to clean the DLC's again if you refresh/redownload.

#32 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:20 AM

Okay since this is apparently all the rage then I decided to just test it since I was fairly certain that I had no issues with my vampires skin... ever. 

Current testing profile is. 

Skyrim, Update, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn (esm´s) followed by USKP, UDGP, UDBP, UHFP (esp)

Extracted unofficial patches as priority over Optimized official HDDLC. Nothing in archives section of MO selected. 

Issue is not present. 

https://www.dropbox..../vampthingy.jpg

Tested on my main mod profile... Different skin textures for vampires so I did not expect any issues and there where none. 

So must admit that I am confused about this issue! :) 

#33 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,313 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

I explained in detail over in the BSA ramifications thread ... I believe that you are unpacking your official DLC, so you would not have the issue. Just pretend you know nothing and install all mods with BSA extraction (except the DLC, because they are in the data directory and you just don't care about that stuff)

@Kludebar

You can reset the auto-BSA-extraction feature via the GUI by using the method described in the MO Guide FAQs, which I have also placed within the OP of the BSA ramifications thread.

#34 Kuldebar

Kuldebar

Jarl

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

Thanks Z

#35 TheBloke

TheBloke

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

Okay since this is apparently all the rage then I decided to just test it since I was fairly certain that I had no issues with my vampires skin... ever. 

Current testing profile is. 

Skyrim, Update, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn (esm´s) followed by USKP, UDGP, UDBP, UHFP (esp)

Extracted unofficial patches as priority over Optimized official HDDLC. Nothing in archives section of MO selected. 

Issue is not present. 

https://www.dropbox..../vampthingy.jpg

Tested on my main mod profile... Different skin textures for vampires so I did not expect any issues and there where none. 

So must admit that I am confused about this issue! :) 

Hey Aiyen,

Could you confirm that, as z9 suggested, you are extracting all BSAs - including the vanilla Skyrim and DLC BSAs?

I was going to post this in the other thread as a question, but I don't want to derail it with newbie-ish questions and I think you're doing exactly what I was thinking of doing:

Before I even knew about this newly-discovered issue with BSA extraction, I had been considering unpacking all my BSAs - including all the vanilla/DLC Skyrim BSAs.  Not for any great purpose, but simply because I was interested to see all of vanilla Skyrim's assets appear in my Conflicts tab, and see exactly what mods were overwriting what files from the vanilla game, versus official DLCs, versus files newly added by mods.

I didn't actually do that, because I thought it would end up being too much noise in my Conflicts tab (nearly every mod would show a Conflict icon, where before I could use that icon to decide which ones I needed to review), and also because I wasn't 100% sure if there was any problem from doing that.

So now I want to ask: is that what you're doing?    And therefore it's OK to do?

So:  I convert my vanilla/official-DLC assets into MO mods - making one mod for Skyrim, another each for DG, DB, HF - and in those mod archives I include both the ESMs and the BSAs.  Then I install those mods through MO, and it will extract those BSAs as normal.  Thus the vanilla/DLC game content is treated identically to all my other mods: 100% loose files.

Then in my Mod load order, I interleave the vanilla Skrim/DLC 'mods' with the Unofficial patches - as indeed MO's "Potential mod order load problem" warning would likely tell me to do, based on the LOOT sorting.    So my mod order would read:  Skyrim, USKP, Dawnguard, UDGP, Hearthfires, UHFP, Dragonborn, UDBP, HD DLC, HD DLC Patch, <rest of my mods>

My entire game - vanilla, DLC and mods - would now be loose files, and loaded in an order defined only by MO.  I would have 0 BSAs of any kind; my Archives tab would be empty (or all unchecked.)

So is that what you're doing? Are there any problems with doing that - besides having the extra clutter in the MO Conflicts tabs?   Are you unpacking all the Skyrim BSA files too (e.g. Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, -Meshes.bsa, etc), or only the DLCs?  You said you had nothing checked in Archives, so it sounds like all?

Thanks very much in advance!

#36 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

Knew I should have left this alone! lol 

I have already put up a more detailed post in the other thread..... somewhere. It is going fast so. 

But yes in short I unpack all mods BSA´s and ONLY the textures.bsa´s of skyrim, and its DLC (Which are then optimized and fixed and put into their own mod folders and placed in the top of priority so that they are always the fallback). I do not touch all (meshes, scripts, and what have you) the others since there is no point. 

But again more details are in that other thread... of doom. Sorry had to add that! 

Alternatively you can read the skyrim revisited legendary guide... Neo says he does almost the same as I do. 

Hope that helps.. otherwise I am sure someone else will jump in soon enough! 

#37 TheBloke

TheBloke

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

Thanks for the details, Aiyen!

And apologies for asking when you'd already explained.  I hadn't seen your other response, I came to that thread late and read page 8 onwards, so missed your post and quotes of it on page 6/7 :)  Sorry about that, I will read that post now and also check out SRLE.

Thanks again!

#38 Kuldebar

Kuldebar

Jarl

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

I think Aiyen will agree...the whole topic has been a tad headache inducing and it's spread out through 3 threads, lol.

#39 Mookeylama

Mookeylama

Prisoner

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

i'm gonna put this here since Google searching for vamp face mismatches lead me here. this mod totally fixed my issues! hope it does for you.

https://www.nexusmod...?id=36439&pUp=1

#40 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

This mod adds yet another plugin. I don't feel it should take a plugin to solve this.

#41 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

I have never experienced this 'vampire face tint issue' myself and in fact never even read this thread until today.

Is this still an ongoing issue? Are MO handled BSAs still giving @Arthmoor conniptions?

#42 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:17 AM

BSAs shouldn't be an issue anymore. As for face tints, those are baked into saves and most often require a new game to correct. There's a good article I can post about it later. Not at my computer atm.

#43 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:35 PM

Here are the links I promised:

https://afkmods.igua...ked-into-saves/

https://www.wolflore...php?f=50&t=2156

#44 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:15 AM

Very enlightening. Thank you.

#45 amoeba1126

amoeba1126

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:13 PM

Sorry to necro bump this thread, but I recently installed Skyrim using MO and I am having this issue, where all the vampire NPC's are face tinted. I honestly do not understand 99% of what was being said about BSA extraction priorities and such. Would anyone be willing to provide me with some idiot proof instructions on how to fix this issue? Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users