Photo

SOLVED: Unofficial Skyrim Patches breaking Vampire Body/Face Textures

Best Answer z929669 , 23 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

@Kelmych

NICE, you have resolved the issue I think.

If one does not have the DLC, then one will get the USkP changes, regardless of using MO or not.

However, if one DOES have the DLC, then the USkP verion is incorrect (it must be different than the DG fix), and it persists for MO users following the MO protocol, and you get the issue. Hiding the USkP assets allows the DLC content to shine through, right!?

I am anxious for Kludebar to comment at this point. I don't have time to verify, and I think that as the issue invoker, he needs to rule out this seeming probability.

Very nice. I have been looking for a good example to corroborate what Arthmoor et al have been arguing and validate the concern that there are use cases where the elegance of MO standards could break things unless we either inform the user or add in some contingencies.

EDIT: I have the same issue regarding prioritization, so if someone can direct me where I can find the NPC in question, I will check.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46 amoeba1126

amoeba1126

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:19 PM

Anyone?

#47 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,622 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:47 PM

What version of MO are you using?

#48 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

Sorry to necro bump this thread, but I recently installed Skyrim using MO and I am having this issue, where all the vampire NPC's are face tinted. I honestly do not understand 99% of what was being said about BSA extraction priorities and such. Would anyone be willing to provide me with some idiot proof instructions on how to fix this issue? Thanks!

Basically, have you set BSA Extractor in MO to true? If so, you need to change it to false and then reinstall the UPs.

t70ikI2.png

#49 amoeba1126

amoeba1126

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:43 AM

Basically, have you set BSA Extractor in MO to true? If so, you need to change it to false and then reinstall the UPs.

t70ikI2.png

I am running MO 1.2.18

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try the Save Cleaner first and then try the BSA setting to false and reinstall UP's. Thanks again!

#50 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,622 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:18 PM

You cannot use the latest Unofficial Skyrim Patch with MO 1.2.18 because it will not sort it into the correct load order. Either Update MO (may require a Windows upgrade if using XP), downgrade Unofficial Skyrim Patch, or wait for USLEEP.

#51 amoeba1126

amoeba1126

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:48 AM

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the info!

#52 Alastor

Alastor

Prisoner

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:16 AM

The face of my character becomes darker than your body to become a vampire.

I did not understand what the solution is.

Go back to install the legendary USKP BSA unpack?

Do I have to start a new game or I can load my game?

#53 Mebantiza

Mebantiza

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:36 AM

I would like to report I have had this come up for me as well. Sybille Stentor. What triggered this is, I was updating and modernizing one of my mods. Sybille is totally ugly and messed up. Terrible head body mismatch. I know this because the mod isn't loading her robe properly, so she is conveniently naked. After fixing her in xedit, I notice she has two sets of human eyes in her record

FemaleEyesHumanVampire "FemaleEyesHumanVampire" [HDPT:0007291E] 

and

FemaleEyesHumanVampire01 "FemaleEyesHumanVampire01" [HDPT:02006F90]

There were also a few conflicts in FemaleHeadBreton "FemaleHeadBreton" [HDPT:00051621]-easily fixed in xedit.-all green again.

The mod I am working on modernizing, had Nam9 Face Morph record in the mods column, but NOT in USLEEP OR Dawnguard. I removed the mods NAM9 record-ALL green now across the board, except for the fact she has two different sets of eyes listed. 

After Fixing her in xedit-she looked great-perfect head body match. BUT, she still has an eye problem. Her eyes are red currently, so which record is her actual eye supposed to be, the vampire01 or eyehumam vampire?-donno how xedit reads these. Is it top to bottom, top take priority? USLEEP says it want to use Vampire01 record-so that is what Ill go with.

That went badly. Her eyes look the same, but the head, body mismatch is back with a vengence.

Reloaded the 2nd stage of the ESP-Can only do one thing-remove the Vampire01 Eyes record that USLEEP wanted to use. Removed-reload. and Voila!

Sybille looks fabulous-Red eyes, but flawless head\body textures.

Now with pictures. I started with this-USLEEP and old mod (un edited)

enb2016_01_0821_40_00_73-0.jpg?rev=0

To this, but it took some xedit work and a couple of passes

enb2016_01_0822_25_40_70-0.jpg?rev=0

This how she looked mid way through.

enb2016_usingvampireeyes01makesamessofth

I should point out-this is not strictly USLEEPs fault from what I can see. Its the old mod that had her in its record from back 2013 but  it was fixable. I popped over to see Hern and Hert, and they looked fine. Well, as fine as pasty face vampire loggers can look. But otherwise head and body textures are perfect. (how do vampires log during the day again?)

Edited by Mebantiza, 09 January 2016 - 01:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users