Bashed patch leveled list forwarding

dreadflopp

Question

I need to understand what gets forwarded into the bashed patch leveled list.

Example: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o31oq0bhao5ujev/Screenshot%202014-03-26%2019.47.56.png

Requiem is tagged delev and relev and may add or remove to the bashed patch leveled list. Its entry is therefore forwarded.

Nightingale hall does not have any bash tags but adds two new items, these are forwarded to the bashed patch since they are new.

Question: Would the two new entries from nightingale hall have been forwarded if it was loaded before requiem.esp. If not, is this only because requiem has delev tag or because nightingale hall.esp is no longer the last mod in the load order. Or does load order not matter when it comes to adding new items.

Question: Why is not the items in skyrim.esm (which has no tags) forwarded? will these not be shown in game or do they not need forwarding and if so why?

10 answers to this question

The tags are not for forwarding new entries, they are for existing items that are changed in some way. Revel means that some items that already exist in the lists are REleveled in some way by having their stats changed. Deleveled means that something is taken away that existed in the list and those changes will not get forwarded from mods that have those items because you will not want those existing items in the lists. That is what Requiem does with it's delev tag, by Deleveling the game and making it much more unique than just having all the same stuff in every container and NPC. New entries are automatically added as new entries in the leveled list and do not need tags. Skyrim.esm doesn't have a tag because it is the original source of the lists. Everything either changes those existing lists or adds new items to those lists.

So tags change existing items, new items are added regardless by the Bashed Patch.

I see thanks, I'm getting a grip of this now. Also, I had hidden no conflict rows. Very noobie mistake, sorry.

ESM are masters with leveled lists. If using a bashed patch:

All new items are added to the leveled list.

Mods tagged relev may change existing items in the leveled list.

Mods tagged delev may delete things from the leveled list or from mods earlier in the load order.

I'm having some difficulty understanding how the tags work, perhaps it's because I'm very tired and I need some sleep.. I just recently started using Wrye Bash and, after creating my Bashed Patch, I noticed that animals were back to having Septims as loot, so I went and checked and sure enough, Harvest Overhaul Creatures doesn't have any tags and if I understand correctly it should have both relev and delev? Or maybe just relev? Or delev.. HELP!  :turned:

So tags change existing items, new items are added regardless by the Bashed Patch.

Is it safe to assume the new items are only added if the mod is included in the list of mods to merge changes to the leveled list from in Wrye Smash. 

Example: If mod ABC.esp contains a leveled list with new items but when creating a bashed patch, click on "Leveled Lists" in the left pane, then uncheck "Automatic" in the right pane, then remove ABC.esp from the list of mods on the right pane.

This would prevent mod ABC.esp from making any changes to the leveled list correct?

Edited by dunz

I think there is some misunderstanding.

It is not true - when "Automatic" is checked.

Meaning: When "Automatic" is checked - a PlugIn containing leveled lists needs not to show up in the wrye bash window - in order to get its leveled lists into the bashed patch.

Sorry for Google-English. And... its late ::):

For Example: My "SkyRe Light Weaponry Fillout" .... or so..... :-) has no bash tags.

Edited by Praecox

Yeah it tells you what it's for on the screen. When you uncheck Automatic you are simply overriding which Relev and Delev tags are being used. If a mod author or LOOT suggests both you can uncheck Automatic and on that screen remove either Relev and Delev. To exclude a file you have to disable it from the mods tab. Which will work as long as it's not also merged into the Bash Patch.