Epic Gameplay Overhaul by ApolloDown

CJ2311

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52487/And it's finally out.For those of you who don't know what this mod is, it's basically a package that contains all the mods by Appolodown. Don't get scared by the insanity of the descriptions of the mods, they're actually awesome ::P: 

DRAGON COMBAT OVERHAULDragons are now epic destroyers of worlds(not like your ex-girlfriend, that was a different kind of epic). DCO turns a vanilla dragon into a fearsome beast that will do anything it can to kill you, even by teaming up with other dragons. DCO not only edits their AI, but also handles dragon deaths, soul absorption, dragon tactics, adds new "limit break" shouts, and does a bajillion other things all designed to make combat with dragons harder, more epic, and more fun.This is a very big overhaul and you just need to see it to believe it. You are not ready for this.CIVIL WAR OVERHAULThis mod restores a huge swath of cut content from the civil war, including a bunch of cut quests and dialogue. You now can lose battles and the war as well, new soldier types have been added to each side, there are also new, unique rewards for quests, and the civil war is just generally better.This is another big overhaul that you just have to see in action and play.FIRE AND ICE OVERHAULThis causes fires to spread dynamically and naturally from fire spells and effects, ice spells and effects to freeze into solid blocks, and shock spells and effects to start fires on a more limited basis. Fire will react to its environment as well, so if it's raining outside, fire will spread more slowly, for example.COMBAT DRAMA OVERHAULThis mod edits the way killcams work, allowing you to choose their frequency, to "do" killcams even when you don't kill the target(attack cams), edits ranged killcams to suck less, allows more types of killcams, such as for firestorm, and adds in wholly new ranged killcams that are much better than what Bethesda threw at you, in my opinion. It just makes the drama of combat more fluid, more dynamic, and just plain better.Another mod you have to play with to understand.IMPORTANT INFORMATION OVERHAULAs your stamina gets lower, your vision will blur. As your magicka gets lower, the world will drain of color. As you health gets lower, the world will turn dark red and blur. Essentially, this gives you immersive notifications for your health, magicka, and stamina, so that even if you use another mod like Immersive Hud to get rid of the annoying bars, you'll still have a pretty good idea of how much health/magicka/stamina you have left.KONNEKTORKONNEKTOR is a mod which allows my mods to talk to each other, and trade secrets about how good a kisser you are-erm....I mean trade spells and effects and the like to make your experience better. Currently, Version 1 just makes things more firey by applying FIO explosive effects to dragon explosions, but in future builds I will use KONNEKTOR to do things like give new limit breaks to dragons, new spells to CWO mages, new items in loot and in quests, etc. etc. This mod basically just makes it easier for me to make these mods work together for the best experience.

Edited by CJ2311
  • +1 1

I'm a long time user of Dragon Combat Overhaul (and big fan of it too) but have not tried the others, a little apprehensive maybe. However if you guys are giving glowing testimonials I'm all for giving it a shot, especially this new all in one deal with MCM support, right up my alley.

Question about CWO compatibility, any idea how it plays with Alternate Start and Helgen Reborn? Any issues to be aware of? 

Issue; brand new, ambitious, multipart overhaul. Be prepared for hidden bugs and the potential to have to start anew after bugs are squashed by updates.

Keep in mind a fresh is required, and compatibility with Alternate Start may be an issue, might be safer for the Civil War scripts to complete the Helgen intro instead.

BTW, I haven't played this yet, or otherwise investigated, but I am excited.

Many cool features, but the sheer script load is daunting in combination with what else I got cooking. 

DCO is a must for me... even when it fails it is hilarious to me which is just too good to pass up. 

But in general then I will have to check them out eventually! Quite interesting indeed. 

Issue; brand new, ambitious, multipart overhaul. Be prepared for hidden bugs and the potential to have to start anew after bugs are squashed by updates.Keep in mind a fresh is required, and compatibility with Alternate Start may be an issue, might be safer for the Civil War scripts to complete the Helgen intro instead.BTW, I haven't played this yet, or otherwise investigated, but I am excited.

New? 4 of these mods have been out for a year, this is just an update (that fixes all the known issues of DCO among other things)And CWO v2 was compatible with Alternate start mods ::):

Sorry, new multipart update. I don't use Alternate Start, but good news its compatible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm tossing my three ongoing saves and jumping into Epic with both feet, just felt like I should give some kind of "buyer beware" disclaimer to compensate for my enthusiasm.

Good to know CWO is compatible with Alternate start! Ive been searching, but not finding anything on compatibility with Helgen Reborn. Really want to try both these mods out in the same playthrough, but maybe it's not such a good idea.

EDIT: Scratch that, somehow I missed on the Helgen Reborn front page that says they are compatible, excellent!! Now to put it through it's paces, new game here I come!

Edited by Drax8

Ah he really did it on time! I have lots of awesomness to read for breakfast ::D:

Just how much harder are dragons with DCO? I am kinda reluctant to try that part of the package.

P.S. Apparently the best thing about it is that IT'S COMPATIBLE WITH SCHLONGS OF SKYRIM! Right? Riiight?!!?!!!

Edited by Octopuss

Ah he really did it on time! I have lots of awesomness to read for breakfast ::D:

Just how much harder are dragons with DCO? I am kinda reluctant to try that part of the package.

P.S. Apparently the best thing about it is that IT'S COMPATIBLE WITH SCHLONGS OF SKYRIM! Right? Riiight?!!?!!!

Well, now I know this mod exists. The things modders will make  :lol:

Well skyrim is a game about dragons... so if you do anything with dragons or the main quest then DCO >>> any other script related mod, even frostfall... imo. It just adds so much fun to the fights... like I said earlier, even when a weird bug happens. 

I actually normally used DCO as a script stability test... since I could go to solitude and see for how long I could spawn three dragons with everything on. So many NPCs there etc. Once I could finish a three dragon fight there then I deemed that part of my list stable (Such a fight takes roughly 20 mins or so if you provide yourself with the most epic weapons.... 10 mins if you also boost your archery skill to 100). 

Fire and ice I always thought was just too gimicky for my list. I did not want to make room for it in my list since it can be quite costly for very little actual gameplay effect. I still need to try out the rest of em, but guess I will get around to that in the long run. 

I actually get some good tactical use from FIO as a mage.  Bleak Falls, for instance, went in there at level 1.  The location where the skeevers usually come up (the wooden spiral staircase)...light it on fire.  I lol'd for a good couple of minutes.