Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

What I meant to say is that Mod Organizer is saying I am missing a Master "EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp".  

WMX's esp:"WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged" is throwing the flag up.  

Quote from WMX section that William found correct install order:

Install the Weapon Mods Expanded v1_1_3 file normally...

In the left pane of MO, double click "Weapon Mods Expanded - WMX" and select the "Optional ESPs" tab.

Move the "WMX-POPMerged.esp" to the "Optional ESPs" box.

You either moved the EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp to optional esps or you don't have it ticked and loaded before the WMX/EVE plugin.

Yeah, it will be in the guide after I return to FNV along with Realistic Wasteland Lighting. Russell may not be buggy on it's own or with other someguy mods, but it is buggy with F&L when I played it. THere are three major bugs that are known and I experienced all three. Have not gotten to the inheritance yet, will on next playthrough. There's a weapon mod vending machine at Old Lady Gibson's with The Right to Bear Arms. CaliberX adds most ammo types to the crafting menu.

Well, I never encountered the GRARTBA machine because it was the first mod I removed after finishing my FNL install as it, well, was a bit of a mess. There was a discussion earlier in the thread about it I recall, I think it should be a candidate for removal in all honesty. Apart from it's issues, I do like having the GRA weapons as a big cap sink for the mid game. RWL I totally agree with, it's great. I use it with Onix ENB and it's perfect. Russell does seem to have bugs, I encountered one in my playthrough of it, a script misfiring, but a reload fixed it. The mod was very enjoyable otherwise.

ACS is great in that it allows you to rely less on vendors for crafting. You can craft casings and primers from scrap metal and other materials, and convert powders between the different types in fixed ratios. It has a compatibility patch for CaliberX too, as well as WMX-ModernWeapons for frag rounds. It also adds recipes for a bunch of ammo that doesn't have it even with CaliberX (primarily .22LR), and adds breakdown recipes for everything. It's pretty awesome, and is very all-encompassing in typical Antistar style.

Thoughts on AWOP? I'm asking as I am not entirely sold on it myself. The latest patches for it broke the popular balance/cleanup third party patch, but the authors are quoting that they cleaned it up themselves so it should be a smoother experience. It took a bit to get it fully integrated into my FNL install, but it isn't impossible. I've not played my main save with AWOP yet as I am unsure of balance, but it does seem really awesome for combat lovers like myself.

What's wrong with Right to Bear Arms? I quite like how it distributes the GRA weapons throughout the Mojave, and gives NPCs a chance of having them.

Also, I removed the WAR/Enhanced Camera compatibility patch from my modlist, because the weapons just look weird in first person. In addition, that annoying glitch where reloading a shotgun or 357 revolver in third person while moving makes you float along for a few seconds, also happens in first person if this patch is enabled.

Edited by Jax765

@Jax765:  The problem with Right to Bear Arms is that it totally messes up level lists, in ways that do not play well with other mods (basically, changing 'select one' lists into 'use all' ones, which messes up merging).   I noted the problems on this forum some time ago, noted that it would need a lot of hand-editing to get to play well with others, and finally did that editing this past week.  I actually had to edit the mod's esp, as a patch esp wouldn't prevent it's problems from going into a Bashed patch.

Having now played with it a few days, I'm on the verge of taking it out again.   While theoretically nice, in that I can find unique GRA weapons out in the world rather than having to buy them, in practice it's made my game less enjoyable.   I keep getting all these little (admittedly cute) notes that point me directly to the locations that contain the unique weapons, and so far, they have been ridiculously easy to obtain - like, the ultimate Two-Step Goodbye ballistic fist in a very easy safe in a well-known and easily accessible place with only a single scorpion guarding it.  To me, it feels like total cheating to have gotten it that easily - I might have just as well given it to myself via the console.

@BurritoJustice:  Re: AWOP.   I have it in my game along with all the other FLNV mods, and like it a *lot*. The low-loot patches prevent it from being as much of a monty haul dungeon as it's been in previous playthroughs, the internals play well with other mods, and I have not noticed any bugs or instabilities related to it.   Total win in my book, and definitely a 'must have' part of my load order.

Ah, I see. Does it by any chance cause the minor issue I have where NPCs will frequently have multiple armors/weapons on their corpses? Also, the Freeside thugs that attack me always have a shitload of melee weapons on them.

Ah, I see. Does it by any chance cause the minor issue I have where NPCs will frequently have multiple armors/weapons on their corpses? Also, the Freeside thugs that attack me always have a shitload of melee weapons on them.

Both those issues and more were fixed for me when I got rid of Right to Bear Arms. It did really stuffy things, I had merchants with every single item in the game (as far as I could tell) in them.

Absolutely!   Some other mods will also cause that problem occasionally, but GRA-TRBA is the biggest offender by far.  The only way to solve the problem is to NOT include it in a Bashed patch.  If you load it after the Bashed Patch, it's level lists will rule, which means that you won't get the duplicate stuff - and you also won't get stuff added to those lists by any other mod.

Having looked at the mod internals in great depth, and played with it some, I strongly recommend that it be removed from the FLNV mod list.  It simple does NOT play well with other mods.

Edited by GalenZ

@EssArrBee I saw you made a profile for Xpadder.  Thank You :)  Though I don't have Xpadder (so I can't test it out) but I do have Pinnacle Game Profiler.

For your Xpadder profile: do you have it setup so you're using All keyboard/mouse keys?  Meaning do you turn Off 360 controller in the New Vegas Menu? OR do you have it so your using both FNV 360 and KB/M?:

How to word this?:  Pinnacle lets me setup so I can press a key and switch to different configs.  Ex: hold in "Left Trigger" to switch to "Blue/2nd" config or "Orange/3rd", etc.  Does Xpadder have something like that?  bc if it does I wonder if your profile is like that.

EDIT: I set it up so I have 2 configs on 1 profile.  1st is Default.  Where I let New Vegas handle the 360 controller except for "Left Bumper" and "Back Button".  =those are the ones that Project Nevada messes with and they glitch out.   Then for the "Left Trigger" I have it so pinnacle switches to a "2nd" mode.  Which houses all the Project Nevada/NVSE Flashlight/JIP keys.  Then when I release Left Trigger it goes back to the unmapped keys in Pinnacle and New Vegas takes over the GamePad.  Without interfering w/ each other.  Surprisingly, it works well.  

TL;DR: Everything is working fine w/ both  "Emulated KB/M" and "New Vegas Menu: GamePad Enabled".

Edited by AyleidRuin

@EssArrBee I saw you made a profile for Xpadder.  Thank You :)  Though I don't have Xpadder (so I can't test it out) but I do have Pinnacle Game Profiler.

For your Xpadder profile: do you have it setup so you're using All keyboard/mouse keys?  Meaning do you turn Off 360 controller in FNV Menu? OR do you have it so your using both FNV 360 and KB/M?:

How to word this?:  Pinnacle lets me setup so I can press a key and switch to different configs.  Ex: hold in "Left Trigger" to switch to "Blue/2nd" config or "Orange/3rd", etc.  Does Xpadder have something like that?  bc if it does I wonder if your profile is like that.

I set mine up so I have 2 configs on 1 profile.  1st (default) are All Un-Mapped except for "Wait=Back" and "Toggle View=LB".  =those are the ones that PN messes with (at least for me).   Everything else is New Vegas default w/ 360 Enabled through FNV menu.  Then for the "left trigger" I have it so pinnacle switches to the "blue/2nd" mode.  Which houses all the Project Nevada keys.  Haven't figured out where to put "sprint". Thought of replacing left bumper with it and putting "toggle view" on left bumper=2nd config.  I Do NOT have the Mouse/M1/M2/Scroll emulated, but M1/M2/Scroll could be easily added to the config.

TL;DR: Everything is working fine w/ both  "Emulated KB/M" and "FNV Menu enabled 360".  At least with Pinnacle.

With Xpadder you don't have to turn off the controller in the menu, but I do because I made a full config. You can switch to different setups by pushing a button too, but I don't like that functionality. I have a chatpad as well and use Xpadder with that for even more buttons. 

I noticed after some searching that the Delev tag should be used for Right To Bear Arms, and doing so fixed the issue with Freeside thugs having absurd amounts of weapons on them, as well as NPCs having multiple armors and weapons (at least so far). I've also been finding weapon mods as random loot, which wasn't happening before. So if the mod is going to stay in the guide, I think this should be mentioned.

• +1 1

Some errors or bugs I noticed with the guide, (except the missing Delev tag for GRA - Right To Bear Arms, thanks Jax765);

Bashed patch uses the Strange Meat data from New Vegas Redesigned 3, while it should be using Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.
Several fixes from YUP fixes aren't carried over in the Bashed Patch, mostly due Project Nevada scripts (not necessary?) or in case of apperel / armor, 1nivVSLArmors and Faction Enhancement.
Vault 22 Flora Overhaul overwrites an actor effect for the Spore Carrier which YUP fixed.
Some explosives (like the Mini Nuke and Fat Man Mine) have a EMP Pulse (from EVE) or the Knockdown script (Project Nevada), but only 1 effect can be active. What should get priority?
Several weapons haven't the right values like some energy weapons don't have the critical hit effect from EVE (blasphemy!) because they are overwritten by Weapon Mods Expanded.

For those using ADAM, does the prototype riot armor actually look like it does on the mod page (the one on the right)?

43192-1-1320097018.jpg

The armor on the left is in the lucky 38 I believe. The one of the right is in Helios ONE. If they are wrong then something messed up the meshes.