Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

did you by any chance re-run LOOT cos i think Loot will add Missing tags back in unless i am wrong

I don't think I did.  Also, re-running LOOT is something that's going to happen as it should be done regularly when changes are made to a mod list.  According to EssArrBee, LOOT doesn't actually set the bash tag on the mods anyway - it just gives a list of which tags should be set manually for the majority of the mods (and it's not as thorough as the script is).

Though something tells me that Wrye Flash has a way of automatically setting bash tags on mods and I'm wondering if it is getting the list from LOOT.

I just went into Wrye Flash and used the "List Bash Tags" function on the 1nivVSLArmors.esp file to see the bash tag implementation.  Here are the results:

=== Current Bash Tags:

* 1nivVSLArmors.esp

* From Description: Actors.Stats, Graphics, Invent, Names, Relev, Stats

* From BOSS Masterlist and or userlist: Deflst, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Relev

* Result: Actors.Stats, Deflst, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Relev, Stats

Apparently, Wrye Flash does get bash tags from either LOOT or the outdated BOSS Masterlist.  It takes those and combines them with the bash tags marked in the mod itself (which I edited with the script I guess).  So if LOOT/BOSS Masterlist has added incorrect bash tags, it could screw things up because Wrye Flash seems to automatically add those in (compare "Result" tags to the other groups of tags).

EDIT: I just manually removed the Delev tag through Wrye Flash since the script did not use it, and here are those results:

=== Current Bash Tags:

* 1nivVSLArmors.esp

* From Manual (if any this overrides Description/BOSS sourced tags): Actors.Stats, Deflst, Graphics, Invent, Names, Relev, Stats

* From Description: Actors.Stats, Graphics, Invent, Names, Relev, Stats

* From BOSS Masterlist and or userlist: Deflst, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Relev

* Result: Actors.Stats, Deflst, Graphics, Invent, Names, Relev, Stats

EDIT2: Also, what this means is that if all of the correct tags are set in LOOT/BOSS Masterlist, then we do not need to run the script ourselves except for merged mods or custom mods we add in ourselves that aren't in the F&L guide or in the LOOT/BOSS Masterlist.

I still use a "Conflict Patch" at the end of my load order, though.  Bashed Patch isn't perfect.

Do you have any mods outside of the F&L guide added to your mod list?  If you don't, and your mod list is standard F&L, can you provide a link to your conflict patch?  I'm assuming you ran the bash tag script on your mods and have everything bashed properly.  I was thinking about doing this (conflict patch) myself as I did for Skyrim, but being that I haven't customized FNV past F&L, I don't really want to bother if I don't have to.

srry I haven't gotten back sooner, my mother in law is back home and she has colon cancer so I will be on and off so much.  I will look for the dump report and send it to him ty for the info.  As for Windows 10 and MO not sure if that was meant for me or not but that is one thing I don't have an issue with it starts up just fine, I do know and have read that some bugs that come with Windows 10 do have an effect on so programs and it doesn't effect everyone.  We have 4 computers that went to 10 and on 1 of them there are alot of issues with programs not running.

Edit: noob question where does the dump report go for MO

Edited by Tirencia

just did the one I see is hook.dll.dmp, but I ran the game successfully after so would that cause the dmp to refresh

that dmp is in the MO folder too, by the way

Edit: Just launched the game 20 times and 20 times it started up just fine no issues whats so ever the only thing I see now is that I don't see the ENB text at startup.  

I did how ever earlier today update AMD catalyst so maybe that had something to do with the issue not sure, since the report had nothing in there about it.

Edited by Tirencia

That's the file. No, a clean start won't refresh that dump, it is a solid piece of evidence that will not change.

So you can post that dump to @tannin and advise that it isn't a repeatable crash or just put it down to 'one of those things'.

IMO while I like the idea of NS I don't think it fits the game, not to mention the storms caused my FPS to tank to an unplayable level. While RWL on the other hand does make the mojave feel more sun baked, which i feel fits much better to what that sort of setting would be like, very bright days, and dark star lit nights. And even though i have never been to nevada, i do live in florida, and I can tell you that during summer, you need yourself a pair of sunglasses, even the refraction from the sidewalks make you squint, so i can only imagine what its like in the mojave.

Edit- and oh I use Overgrowth ENB just to drive home the bright washed out desert feel.

Sorry if this is random, but I agree with what people are saying about how jarring the change in weather is with NS so If I were to uninstall it via MO but leave everything enabled-like the finished guide has it, will it screw up my game? Say I uninstall NS and install RWL, will all I have to do is run LOOT, I guess create a new bashed patch and then I'll be good to go?

Sorry if this is random, but I agree with what people are saying about how jarring the change in weather is with NS so If I were to uninstall it via MO but leave everything enabled-like the finished guide has it, will it screw up my game? Say I uninstall NS and install RWL, will all I have to do is run LOOT, I guess create a new bashed patch and then I'll be good to go?

I'm not sure if it will affect a saved game or not... but I believe you may also have to disable a patch in ILO related to NS.  In addition to this, you may want to try Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement (RWLE) instead of RWL - it's MUCH better than RWL in my opinion.

Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement is awesome.  I never cared much for Project Reality, Nevada Skies, etc, but this mod is visually what I want in a weather/lighting mod.  The fact that it is TTW Compatible is just icing on the cake.

Remember to load it last in your load order, just above Bashed Patch, 0.esp.  

fLhsQcL.jpg

L413KJh.jpgfVcIF7t.jpgtcfH2Ci.jpg3ohgJNq.jpg

I'm using "A Clean ENB" which I found on the GUNetwork mod site, but it is pretty much just vanilla ENB with all options and a few pallet changes.  I did disable the sunglare, as I felt it was a bit obnoxious.

I do wish there was something along the lines of the Skyrim Particle Patch for New Vegas, though.

Edited by Genius384

Well just got back from the hospital with mother in law and Grant I opened that dump file but its empty or does it not show anything in notepad ++, plus its size is 0kb.  I would really hate to send him a blank report

That's okay. You won't be able to read it with Notepad++, its a machine code report. Since the filesize is only 0kb it's probably empty anyway.

Currently attempting to install the Type 3 body, and the section regarding it is outdated just a tad. It says:

"If you prefer the nude body then get the other main file for Armors only and use the original Type3 body replacer."

However, the original Type3 body replacer is hidden or removed from the Nexus, meaning this guide does not help those attempting to have nude Type3 bodies in their installation. A replacement suggestion is necessary.

Edited by Mackinz