Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Adding NVInteriors Rewritten shouldn't be a problem at all, as everything it touches is enabled by default (not quest-tied/script-tied) and it merely changes the writing (doesn't move/remove any objects etc). The ADAM upgrades for the file in the guide were done by me with permission from the original author. There's a new patch, the custom helmets have Project Nevada vision modes, and I've made a new version of the outcast poster which I've yet to upload.

The only thing that might not be upgradeable to an existing game is FCO. 

Not might but sure, from FCO 2 to 3 in an existing game the character is invisible and in the ground. So, upgrade NVR to 3.7, keep FCO in v2.

oqhansoloqo I have updated everything on your list except NVInteriors which I didn't install in the first place without a problem on an existing save.

Guys, what throws me off is that the author is FCO put this statement in his description of the file download for version 3.0: "When upgrading from 1.x you need to start a new game."  Maybe he messed up in that and should have said "2.x"?  Hackerpcs - when you tested it, did you test from 2.x or 1.x?

I'm glad to hear the other mods can be upgraded without an issue with a saved game.  Are you certain that I can recreate the Sandbox6 Merged Plugin without causing FormID renumbering?

Adding NVInteriors Rewritten shouldn't be a problem at all, as everything it touches is enabled by default (not quest-tied/script-tied) and it merely changes the writing (doesn't move/remove any objects etc). The ADAM upgrades for the file in the guide were done by me with permission from the original author. There's a new patch, the custom helmets have Project Nevada vision modes, and I've made a new version of the outcast poster which I've yet to upload.

Nice.  Any idea what happened to the ILO Willow and YUP patches?  I have those 2 .esp files in my load order, but since they aren't in the guide I don't know where they came from. 

I upgraded from FCO 2 to FCO 3 without encountering any issues. I have the ILO - YUP patch in the ILO folder in MO, which I think should be from the new version, but I can't speak for the Willow patch as I don't use that mod. I'd guess it came from ILO too, though. 

Didn't have any noticable issue with recreating the Sandbox6 merged plugin either (had to, because I lost my entire install to a hardware death), but idk if that's because I used the same version of the files that I had earlier or if it's just me not encountering the issue yet, or whether it doesn't present any problems at all.

Holy... it worked! Disabled NVR 3.7 and FCO 2.3.1 and enabled FCO 3.01 and it worked!

https://i.imgur.com/2q7wX7f.png

EDIT

Well not quite, didn't notice the difference from inside the battle gear :P

Existing save started with NVR 3 and FCO 2 vs FCO 3.01

https://i.imgur.com/K8YdBDZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/0RCs7r5.png

https://i.imgur.com/hfHmHol.png

https://i.imgur.com/KeoRfqW.png

Edited by Hackerpcs

Try entering and exiting the character creation menu via console or the machine in Buck's Place (from the New Bison Steve mod), a menu should pop up asking you to select a type of eyebrows.

I heard many bad stories about changing character properties mid-game, I'd rather not tinker that. I don't have any new quests mods installed.

It's your game, I guess. All I can say is that I had no problems with it, and since you don't actually change anything when opening and closing the menu except for the brows which are already missing, I don't see how it would cause any other issues.

Edited by MonoAccipiter

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm still in the process of getting things up to date.  In the process of modifying a UI section mod...

I know I'm bringing this up again, but I actually tried to do a couple searches just a minute ago to find out when/where this was discussed previously as I know it was... Alas, I cannot find the info.  I forget exactly how the UI mods work as far as which ones need to be installed in order and which ones don't.  It's not really made clear in the guide - I just can't remember why or which ones as this information was provided to me by Ess in this forum I think.  The details had been ironed out fairly well I thought.  I wouldn't be asking if my search for the info was successful.  If you know where that information was already stated, providing me a link is fine (as opposed to explaining the whole thing yet again).  The only one I reinstalled this time is JIP CC&C.

Much appreciated.  :)  Sorry for my lack of memory.

Right, I use the guide's order too when I'm installing the whole thing all at once.  But what if you update a portion or one mod in the list of UI mods?  It used to be a major issue if you didn't re-install the whole UI portion of the guide.  At some point this changed when some of the mods dropped their dependence on FOMM and became compatible with MO.  And UIO seems to have replaced uHUD.  As far as I know there are still some restrictions to re-installing some of those mods out of order.  Does anyone know exactly (a link to it preferrably) where this conversation was previously discussed and resolved?  If someone can point me to that info, I'll review it and add it to the guide just so these questions don't reappear.  It's difficult to find this kind of info in the forum sometimes, but easy to find it in the guide.

Right, I use the guide's order too when I'm installing the whole thing all at once.  But what if you update a portion or one mod in the list of UI mods?  It used to be a major issue if you didn't re-install the whole UI portion of the guide.  At some point this changed when some of the mods dropped their dependence on FOMM and became compatible with MO.  And UIO seems to have replaced uHUD.  As far as I know there are still some restrictions to re-installing some of those mods out of order.  Does anyone know exactly (a link to it preferrably) where this conversation was previously discussed and resolved?  If someone can point me to that info, I'll review it and add it to the guide just so these questions don't reappear.  It's difficult to find this kind of info in the forum sometimes, but easy to find it in the guide.

Any HUD mod that you add will be fine if you follow the UIO instructions. Since it is a NVSE plugin the order shouldn't matter at all, it will automatically 'see' all the installed HUD mod menus and adjust as needed. Any differences to that will be explained in the guide or the UIO page.

Most mods are fairly safe to update as we go since, as you mention, MO has removed the problem of over-writing assets. The most pressing issue would be any merged mods or bashed patches that rely on, or were created from, out-of-date mods, these will obviously need re-doing, but that goes without saying.