Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

It's not an essential mod but I think this one's pretty cool. 

Immersive Pickup sounds

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61815/?

Seems like the New Vegas modding community has been on overdrive lately.

Vene, vidi, vici. Alternatively in English: Tried it, liked it, added it (famously said by Julius Caesar after seeing the NCR Rangers retreat into Boulder City - a rather embarrassing moment for him).

Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone can help me or not..I'm using the 4GB launcher (placing the d3d9.dll in exes) and I'm trying to use the ENB boost only for the memory management features by opening enbseries.ini and changing "UseEffect=true" to "UseEffect=false"..However I'm still seeing aliasing after trying that. It seems to negate the anti- aliasing I have in my FNV launcher regardless of the global setting in enbseries.ini

I'm using i7 4790k,GTX 780, Win 10

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone can help me or not..I'm using the 4GB launcher (placing the d3d9.dll in exes) and I'm trying to use the ENB boost only for the memory management features by opening enbseries.ini and changing "UseEffect=true" to "UseEffect=false"..However I'm still seeing aliasing after trying that. It seems to negate the anti- aliasing I have in my FNV launcher regardless of the global setting in enbseries.ini

Thanks in advance

FNV's ENB disables the game's default AA even with effects disabled. ENB does have its own Antialiasing features, but they don't work with effects disabled. You'll have to use post-processing AA like FXAA or SMAA. I prefer SweetFX's SMAA. It's not as good as default AA but it's still an improvement over no AA and it's not as performance intensive.  Here's how to get SMAA working with ENB:

Download Unofficial SweetFX 1.5u from https://sfx.thelazy.net/downloads/.

Extract the folder to somewhere safe like your desktop.

Delete "dxgi.dll". and the "X64_dll's" folder.

Rename "d3d9.dll" to "d3d9_sweetfx.dll".

Move "d3d9_sweetfx.dll", the "SweetFX" folder, and the three text files to your Fallout New Vegas folder.

Open enblocal.ini and set your [PROXY] section to this:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=d3d9_sweetfx.dll

Save the file.

Open SweetFX_settings.txt and under "Choose Effects", set "#define USE_LUMASHARPEN" to 0.
Under "SMAA Anti-aliasing settings", set "#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING" to 0.
Now save the file.

You should now have SMAA working with FNV and ENB. 
Edited by Katopill

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Hi, Shad73. 

These old games have pretty horrible aliasing. Can you verify that you don't get the aliasing issues without having ENBoost installed (e.g. rename the d3d9.dll to d3d9.dll.bak temporarily) and that ENBs AA features don't help. Feel free to open up a topic in the support subforum.

I may start popping in with some frequency. My life is starting to get back to normal so I have time to waste.

Yes. Keep me reined in. Good idea.  :innocent:

@MonoAccipiter

Thanks for the response. Sorry If I should have posted this originally on the support forum..But to answer your question, Yes the native AA without ENB Boost installed works well. The ENB's AA features doesn't seem to make a difference, even after disabling AA in prefs.ini via mod organizer. I absolutely love this game, the story and atmosphere seem so unique, but it seems I spend most of my time troubleshooting. lol

@Katopill

Thank you for the Sweetfx Smaa suggestion. I will give it a shot..one question, If I decide to use an ENB preset down the road, will they still work with this AA substitution?

@MonoAccipiter

Thanks for the response. Sorry If I should have posted this originally on the support forum..But to answer your question, Yes the native AA without ENB Boost installed works well. The ENB's AA features doesn't seem to make a difference, even after disabling AA in prefs.ini via mod organizer. I absolutely love this game, the story and atmosphere seem so unique, but it seems I spend most of my time troubleshooting. lol

@Katopill

Thank you for the Sweetfx Smaa suggestion. I will give it a shot..one question, If I decide to use an ENB preset down the road, will they still work with this AA substitution?

Yes, many ENB presets come with SweetFX packaged with it however, so if it does you should remove the old SweetFX files before installing it.