Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

The alternatives are here: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas_Weather_Mods  I would take Realistic Wasteland Lightning.

Thank you a lot !

I also have another question

I saw the guide is using Fallout Character Overhaul, which is great. However, I discovered NV REdesigned that is a bit more recently updated, and that looks great to correct some of oddities in the apparence of characters compared to the story. (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56312/?tab=3&selected_game=130&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D56312%26user%3D1%26gid%3D130&pUp=1)

What guys think of that 2 mods ? Can we use both ? What mods do you prefer and why ?

I also have smthing to report but maybe its nothing.

When I generated Bash tags for my Yuki Merged Mod.esp I have 12 bash tags but I don't have the

• Actors.AIPackages

Instead I have "C.Name"

Is it normal ?

Edit : well FNV Edit said that but in Wrye Flash it says the good things ... Don't know why :/

Edited by Pandore

I saw the guide is using Fallout Character Overhaul, which is great. However, I discovered NV REdesigned that is a bit more recently updated, and that looks great to correct some of oddities in the apparence of characters compared to the story.

What guys think of that 2 mods ? Can we use both ? What mods do you prefer and why ?

Based on what I've read, you can't use them both without some serious modding experience. So I wouldn't recommend it. FNV Redesigned covers nearly all NPCs in the game, while FCO covers all vanilla NPCs but just a few of the DLCs'. However FNV Redesigned makes changes to some of the in-game cells and might conflict with interior mods (FNV Interiors Redesigned comes to mind). It also does not work well with any ENBs if you plan to use any. FCO does not have such issues.

So, in the end, the decision is yours. Compare the screenshots and pick one of the mods, but don't use both.

When I generated Bash tags for my Yuki Merged Mod.esp I have 12 bash tags but I don't have the

• Actors.AIPackages

Instead I have "C.Name"

Is it normal ?

You can also manually add the missing tags in Wrye Bash.

Hi there again.

Well, I'm trying hard but always problems. Here it is : I can't get rid of that textures of Fallout Character Overhaul. I can't launch the game from my F&L profile in MO without having no textures without that mod.

If I launch the game through steam normally, it works perfectly and all the textures are there. I don't know what to do.

I want it installed to get NV Redesigned 3 working but even if I deactivate the 2 mods it don't work. The only way to make my MO install work is to activate this FCO.esm with the mod ...

HELP PLEASE ! :(

Hi there again.

Well, I'm trying hard but always problems. Here it is : I can't get rid of that textures of Fallout Character Overhaul. I can't launch the game from my F&L profile in MO without having no textures without that mod.

If I launch the game through steam normally, it works perfectly and all the textures are there. I don't know what to do.

I want it installed to get NV Redesigned 3 working but even if I deactivate the 2 mods it don't work. The only way to make my MO install work is to activate this FCO.esm with the mod ...

HELP PLEASE ! :(

Full edit of my previous post :

FIRST PROBLEM

I thought I had a problem with FCO with missing textures for characters (Doc Mitchell at the begining) but when I launch without ENB, my textures are back. So ENB is the problem. It do things like that : https://imgur.com/a/PW302

I precise I only use ENB Boost (normally, I followed the instructions ...) but with ENB Injector (I have Nvidia Optimus and already had problems with ENB on Skyrim so I didnt tried without it). What can be the problem ? If I can't find well I'll just play without I think ...

SECOND PROBLEM

One Hud is making bad things with my hud. It works without it. With it activated, it do that (cubes of color) : https://imgur.com/a/6HMj3

Can I play without ? What can be the problem ? (I reinstalled it once alwyas with the patch for DARNUI v4 ...)

THIRD PROBLEM

When I get rid of the two problems ahead, I have a problem at the beggining with the Character creation (reflectron), it do that : https://imgur.com/a/KnuwR

What is that thing ??? I don't even know what is responsible of the view of that element, so I can't even search the problem ...

HELP PLEASE

Thank you :(

Full edit of my previous post :

FIRST PROBLEM

I thought I had a problem with FCO with missing textures for characters (Doc Mitchell at the begining) but when I launch without ENB, my textures are back. So ENB is the problem. It do things like that : https://imgur.com/a/PW302

I precise I only use ENB Boost (normally, I followed the instructions ...) but with ENB Injector (I have Nvidia Optimus and already had problems with ENB on Skyrim so I didnt tried without it). What can be the problem ? If I can't find well I'll just play without I think ...

SECOND PROBLEM

One Hud is making bad things with my hud. It works without it. With it activated, it do that (cubes of color) : https://imgur.com/a/6HMj3

Can I play without ? What can be the problem ? (I reinstalled it once alwyas with the patch for DARNUI v4 ...)

THIRD PROBLEM

When I get rid of the two problems ahead, I have a problem at the beggining with the Character creation (reflectron), it do that : https://imgur.com/a/KnuwR

What is that thing ??? I don't even know what is responsible of the view of that element, so I can't even search the problem ...

HELP PLEASE

Thank you :(

Ok found the problem for the Third : that was Omnis Hi Res Pip Boy 3000. When deactivated it it was normal. I don't know what is the problem because with ENB it worked ... (even if missing textures on character heads)

For 3: You can use an alternative HD retex for Pip Boy 3000, like this one.

As for 1: I would suggest you do not use ENB or ENBoost at all. It is broken for FNV. Even if you get it work, it disables the hardware AA and replaces it with a software AA which is not a match for the hardware AA at all. More importantly, there is no known workaround for it either. I do not see a point in using ENBoost at all in case your system specs are close to mine - without ENBoost I achieve steady 60 fps indoors and anywhere between 50 and 60 fps outdoors - largly depending on the weather in the Mojave.

You can swap ENB effects with either Reshade, or you can use Dynavision, but I cannot help you with setting it up at all.

If you use the patch available from the FO3/NV patch downloads section- not the newer enb/enboost download, you can have memory management without having to sacrifice AA.

I use all the LOD improvements available, so I do cross the 4 gb threshold on occasion. Note that this isn't as effective with the Win 8/10 dx9 limit.

I read that someone has gotten in touch with a Microsoft dev on that issue, btw. Looks like we can expect a fix a few months down the road.

Edited by Skadi

Pandore: all of your issues seem to be small user errors. 

1) Doc Mitchell and walls is probably a bad setting in enblocal/enbseries/hardwareAA/other NV settings. It is not missing textures, those are purple. It's not missing meshes, those are big red diamonds with an exclamation mark. Check out this link for settings.  Keep in mind that "fix transparency= true" will render some of Spice of Life's clothing invisible. 

2) If you're having a HUD issue then you're missing some part of the guide's instructions. This one can be a bit difficult to troubleshoot. Every time you open the game with UIO, it creates a file in your overwrite that is directly related to your UI changes. Every time you make a change, I suggest deleting these files and reinstalling UI, as the installer detects your changes. 

3) I suspect your last issue is not the pip boy texture, but related to #1. 

If you have issues with your install, try using Modwatch to create a detailed and easily accessible look at your installation. When using this, direct the tool to your profile in you MO folder you are trying to troubleshoot. 

I suspect that you've just missed a few simple things in the guide or strayed beyond it. 

Thank you all for your answers !

Pandore: all of your issues seem to be small user errors. 

1) Doc Mitchell and walls is probably a bad setting in enblocal/enbseries/hardwareAA/other NV settings. It is not missing textures, those are purple. It's not missing meshes, those are big red diamonds with an exclamation mark. Check out this link for settings.  Keep in mind that "fix transparency= true" will render some of Spice of Life's clothing invisible. 

2) If you're having a HUD issue then you're missing some part of the guide's instructions. This one can be a bit difficult to troubleshoot. Every time you open the game with UIO, it creates a file in your overwrite that is directly related to your UI changes. Every time you make a change, I suggest deleting these files and reinstalling UI, as the installer detects your changes. 

3) I suspect your last issue is not the pip boy texture, but related to #1. 

If you have issues with your install, try using Modwatch to create a detailed and easily accessible look at your installation. When using this, direct the tool to your profile in you MO folder you are trying to troubleshoot. 

I suspect that you've just missed a few simple things in the guide or strayed beyond it. 

For the pipboy thing, it can't be the ENB because I deactivated it before it became blank ... And i did not use graphic modification from the enb so ...

For the ENB, maybe I missed a thing ... I don't think I have the good version because I think I remember than in the guide nothing was precised and I took the last version. But I think I'm not gonna use it anyway, too much trouble for just memory management, I'm okay with the FPS so maybe I'm gonna skip it.

Edit : ok maybe I'm gonna try you made SS and all to explain :p

For the HUD, I tried reinstalling all the UI mods, I always delete the things in overwrite before launch so I don't understand ...

Edited by Pandore