• Please log in to reply
4760 replies to this topic

#4756 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Prisoner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:38 PM

Hello, I've been following this guide, I'm at the WAR Enhanced Camera Compatibility patch. I've got both main files. The manual downloads I dragged and dropped into the MO2 downloads folder, and now they show up on the MO2 menu. I could install them automatically, but I'd rather follow the instructions. However, the installation instructions don't make sense to me. I try manual install, but there's no data folder to set as. These instructions are unlike any of the previous ones on the list. It says:

Install the Release 2 - 2hand Rifle Reanimations file first.
During installation, expand "Release 2 - 2handrifle animations->Raw Files".
Right click "Data" and select "Set data directory", then click [OK].
Install the Release 3 - 2hand auto reanimations - v2 with animated fingers file next.
During installation, expanded "Release 3 - 2handauto update v2.0->2handauto v2.0->Data".
Right click "Data" and select "Create Directory", then name it NVSE.
Right click "NVSE" and select "Create Directory", then name it Plugins.
Drag and drop "NVSE_EnhancedCamera.ini" into "Plugins".
When asked select [Merge], not [Replace].

I think the files have been updated since these instructions were written. Can someone explain to me whats going on here?

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, 03 December 2018 - 09:40 PM.

#4757 ZidanReign

ZidanReign

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:40 AM

Hello, I've been following this guide, I'm at the WAR Enhanced Camera Compatibility patch. I've got both main files. The manual downloads I dragged and dropped into the MO2 downloads folder, and now they show up on the MO2 menu. I could install them automatically, but I'd rather follow the instructions. However, the installation instructions don't make sense to me. I try manual install, but there's no data folder to set as. These instructions are unlike any of the previous ones on the list. It says:

Install the Release 2 - 2hand Rifle Reanimations file first.
During installation, expand "Release 2 - 2handrifle animations->Raw Files".
Install the Release 3 - 2hand auto reanimations - v2 with animated fingers file next.
During installation, expanded "Release 3 - 2handauto update v2.0->2handauto v2.0->Data".
Right click "Data" and select "Create Directory", then name it NVSE.
Right click "NVSE" and select "Create Directory", then name it Plugins.
Drag and drop "NVSE_EnhancedCamera.ini" into "Plugins".
When asked select [Merge], not [Replace].

I think the files have been updated since these instructions were written. Can someone explain to me whats going on here?

These files havent' been updated since 2014, so no, you're probably doing something wrong.

Screenshot your process.

#4758 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Prisoner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:33 PM

The instructions don't match with the context menu's that I've been using and have been instructed to use for every single other mod.

Attached File  Fallout NV Fear and Loathing Setup.png   275.54KB   0 downloads

There is no actual data folder. Am I supposed to make one? The instructions should have said so. After this screenshot, I did create the two directories you're told to create, but I couldn't drag and drop an .ini file into this context window:

Attached File  FNV FA Setup 2.png   290.52KB   0 downloads

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, 04 December 2018 - 07:39 PM.

#4759 ZidanReign

ZidanReign

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:36 AM

Uhhhh

You don't drag the .ini on the menu lol

You drag it into the actual folder location via file explorer or through filetree, you should've noticed while installing the mod that the data folder was already set so you didn't need to create one.  Just the other instructions were needed to be done.

Edited by ZidanReign, 05 December 2018 - 03:37 AM.

#4760 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Prisoner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:22 AM

But it wasn't dude! Look at my screen shot, I have all menus open, and there's no data folder. I mean there's the very top branch <data> but that's not a directory, right? I could have sworn every other mod I set up had an actual folder named Data... sorry, I'm a newb.

#4761 ZidanReign

ZidanReign

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:33 AM

But it wasn't dude! Look at my screen shot, I have all menus open, and there's no data folder. I mean there's the very top branch <data> but that's not a directory, right? I could have sworn every other mod I set up had an actual folder named Data... sorry, I'm a newb.

because they were setup incorrectly

if the mod folder is setup correctly, then it shows straight inside the data folder which should hold the meshes, textures, esp etc...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide, new vegas

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users