Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Yeah, v8 works with Graphics ticked now, but the whole Novac motel lobby fixes are totally broken. Don't try to get Jennie May to walk out front the Dinky Dino, she will just stand there. I don't think nav meshing is Yuki's strength, but he working on an update right now, so should be back to normal soon.

Hoo boy, the things I do for this sometimes. Anyway, did another round of BOSS masterlist updates. Turns out, Spice of Life does need Relev in order to work properly. I've also added and tagged the WMX and EVE ESPs used in the guide - there should be no more weird looking weapons in your game now... hopefully.

I think I'll continue my masterlist updating tomorrow.

Hoo boy, the things I do for this sometimes. Anyway, did another round of BOSS masterlist updates. Turns out, Spice of Life does need Relev in order to work properly. I've also added and tagged the WMX and EVE ESPs used in the guide - there should be no more weird looking weapons in your game now... hopefully.I think I'll continue my masterlist updating tomorrow.

Awesome. It helps cut down on install time not having to open up BUM and all that stuff.

Alright, alright, alright. Big update today. Added 8 mods, removed 1. Updated all the descriptions to the current BOSS masterlist version and updated the Bashed patch section to reflect the current bash tag suggestions.

EDIT: Also, saw that the guide made it to 5000 page views, and only like half of those are from me.  ::P:

I don't think there's much of a reason to use the vanilla Courier's Stash Integration file over the WMX compatible version - of which I had tweaked myself. This already has support for WMX built in - it really should just work (and should be used in place of WMX-POPMerged.esp).

I haven't looked it over yet. Will do today. Trying out different settings with NVSR and enboost and memory patch to get best results. Have you contacted the author yet about uploading it? I'm okay with hosting it through my copy, but I don't know if they will put the kibosh on my downloads like Dropbox used to do.

I just did, through it's really a wild bet. You can also use the file on the main page - scroll down till you see "Integration - Couriers Stash - WMX" on the download page.

EDIT: One more thing: It turns out the Christine COS rifle optional of Weapon Retexture Project can't be used with WMX - the latter reverts her gun to the urban sniper rifle set. I think the instructions for it should be removed in the guide.

Did you pick and choose some of the YUP fixes that were put into your plugin? I did see some fixes were not used. I'd rather people have to download the original mod so they can at least endorse it, but in some cases it is better to just repackage the whole thing, like ADAM. I'll just add your plugin to the install instructions, and stick it in my Copy inside a archive so they can install it like a mod. That is the easiest way for the users.

I really only needed to use Yuki's script for shotgun critical damage. I know he orig. used VATSShotgunStraight for the orig.mod damage, but since the damage was altered to be more like the regular Caravan Shotgun, I used VATSShotgunCaravan. You really only need this plugin, and you should add an additional instruction to move WMX-POPMerged.esp to "Optional ESPs" if you haven't already - it's no longer needed.EDIT: I don't think I mentioned this mod before, but I really think this should go into the guide pronto: Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix. Because some of the children in-game use clothing replaced by the two body replaces used in the guide, it can cause some of the children to look seriously weird and abnormally muscular or busty (depending on male or female). This mod makes those children use normal child clothing instead, and in cases where that won't fit, copied versions of the unmodified vanilla armor/clothing. This means that the children will look the same as they do without any body/armor replaces installed. I tried (and failed) to get this into YUP, so I'm suggesting you use it here. (Unrelated: Even in Fallout, the moon size game setting is still iMasserSize... :rolleyes:)

I'll just leave out the part of to select WMX-POPMerged.esp in the FOMOD installer. Plus, I'll link the original page in the description if it isn't updated today, I don't want to wait around for the mod author for any longer than that.

Huh. I guess WMX installs the proper DLC and pre-order pack meshes regardless of if you select them or not. I think the option to not select any pre-order plugins is different between the internal and external installers - internal can just say "none", while external would have to select the individual plugins option - then not select anything there. Point is, it appears to work either way, and there should be no missing meshes or textures. Otherwise, we'd all be carrying around exclamation marks.

Out of curiosity, is there a good reason to even install the pre order packs? I am not planning/want to use anything from them and cutting them seems like a good way to save 4 esp slots.

No you don't have to install them, but you are on own for installation. I pretty much have to support the ultimate edition so I don't have all these different builds to worry about.

Hello there srb. Incredible work this far!

I would like to clarify something though. I remember I had clearly seen mentioned in the past in many different topics and by many experienced mod authors including hairylegs222 (creator of NVEC) and drithius (creator of FOOK - Project Nevada Convergence) that although it is a common practice in Skyrim to clean the official DLC plugins, in New Vegas we should never touch them. Their explanation, if I remember correct, was that this way we would avoid serious stability issues within the game, especially if we were planning to mod it heavily.

Could you and the rest people here elaborate on this? I 'll try and send pm for more details to these 2 people because I know they are very experienced with FNVEdit and I clearly remember them supporting the above suggestion.

Hello there srb. Incredible work this far!I would like to clarify something though. I remember I had clearly seen mentioned in the past in many different topics and by many experienced mod authors including hairylegs222 (creator of NVEC) and drithius (creator of FOOK - Project Nevada Convergence) that although it is a common practice in Skyrim to clean the official DLC plugins, in New Vegas we should never touch them. Their explanation, if I remember correct, was that this way we would avoid serious stability issues within the game, especially if we were planning to mod it heavily.Could you and the rest people here elaborate on this? I 'll try and send pm for more details to these 2 people because I know they are very experienced with FNVEdit and I clearly remember them supporting the above suggestion.

I believe this is do the way that FNVEdit used to handle the deleted references. I think the latest version reassigns the deleted walls and that type of stuff correctly. It used to block off the northern passage cave entrance I believe. But the best practice would be to set its z position to -30000.