Real Shelter - Full Release (by Robinsage)

EssArrBee

It seems, at minimum, kinda sloppy to get CoT errors in the non-CoT version though? Like I said it didn't crash me at all or anything. It's also not working for a lot of people though, which further makes me cautious.

Thanks for weighing in :)

I would not bother worrying about that sort of scripting errors... it is just a case of copy pasting and not enough time spent polishing the code... but imo that sort of thing can always be done after initial release! 

As for making it work, then the main issue I think many are having is the same as me.... using fw or sw does not seem to work nicely with the scripts. Even less when the overall script load is high. 

This means one have to do even slower testing of it, which causes everything related to making a proper patch for the weather patch to take much longer. 

I have been using the COT version and it works like a charm.  No problems in many hours of play.  Still working where it should be working.

Its sometimes surprising to see it work.. as you walk under something and suddenly there is no snow/rain, its freaky and it reminds you the mod is there.  I sign of a good mod.

The only problem is that you aren't suppose to save in a shelter and that could happen inadvertently or you could forget not to.  Not a major problem though.

Edited by Garfink

Has anybody tried this with ETaC? I know they are not technically compatible but im sure a large majority of shelters must be available right?

Hardcore frostfall + requiem makes this mod very tempting as fighting with debuffs in cold with rain or snow in requiem is deadly. Would be nice to have some dry shelter  :lol:

Has anybody tried this with ETaC? I know they are not technically compatible but im sure a large majority of shelters must be available right?

Hardcore frostfall + requiem makes this mod very tempting as fighting with debuffs in cold with rain or snow in requiem is deadly. Would be nice to have some dry shelter  :lol:

ETaC - Winterhold's shelters are not all covered, as well as the Riverwood gate (it looks very weird because you get the shelter effect when you're in the open at the place where the gate used to be). Oh and Dawnstar's all messed up shelter wise. (That's the ones I know about, I didn't check more because I decided not to keep the mod either way D:)

Edited by CJ2311
  • +1 1

Hmmm. Well as long as it doesnt crash the game, I might as well try it like you did. If it gets to weird Ill just revert to pre test save and remove the mod. Ive never actually been to dawnstar, didnt even know it existed ::(:

Ill coc there asap for weirdness threshold testing! 

Edited by MadWizard25

Well, it got an update yesterday. Peeked at the Non-CoT, Full DLC version. Still a handful of places where Dawnguard location info isn't forwarded (and a couple where Solstheim info is referenced?) and at least in my version, a lot of "could not be resolved" errors regarding the just-added Solstheim shelters. I still think the mod has a lot of potential, but I don't think it's "there" yet.

I did send a detailed list to the author, though.

Edited by Noobsayer

Just so people here know, remember if you use the COT Weather Patch then don't install this mod.  They change some of the same image spaces and will conflict.  Probably won't crash your game, just won't work in certain areas.

• 2 months later...

This mod has been updated since the previous comments.  It looks like there are now more versions (CoT Weather Patch and ETaC have patches). 

So I'm curious, has anyone been using the latest version, and have most of the remaining issues been resolved at this point?  How obvious are the transitions when using CoT and CoT Weather Patch?