Real Shelter - Full Release (by Robinsage)

EssArrBee

Still a few issues with it I have been told... mainly related to the fact that it is script based.. so if papyrus is having a bad day then it will still not produce smooth transitions. 

If you use an ENB with a weather system then it will need to have the new weather ID´s from the mod assigned as well or it will look entirely off, since it reverts to the default enbseries.ini while inside a shelter, and back to the proper weather.ini when out. 

• 1 month later...

I get major papyrus spam with this mod. It also seems, and I'm not 100% sure it's this mod. But, when I have this mod enabled I start to get bad lag spikes and very bad stutter, sometimes to the point of the game freezing for a few seconds. Does this happen for anyone else? I use CoT, CoT-WP, SS & Vividian ENB. 

• 1 month later...

I'm going to put this here, the new 1.3 version appears to work nicely and there is almost no jarring visual transition. The only "issue" is there is a slow transition from raining to not raining (rain doesn't stop immediately, takes about 15 seconds). There was some warning spam in the log regarding script properties at startup but worked great afterwards.

Unfortunately it looks like he temporarily took down 1.3, probably due to this minor issue. In any case, its much improved over 1.2 with its compatibility and jarring visual transition. Something to watch for!

• +1 1

According to the main description page, it should be fine with ETAC 13. I was looking for that as well, and the way his compatibility section reads, all it should need is the ETAC patch, as before. The worst that happens right now is that some of the new IM Set merged items may not be covered yet, but I'm sure that's just a matter of time.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone done extensive testing on this since the new author took over? I am planning on getting to it but I'm curious what others experiences are thus far. Authors been updating a bit.

"Extensive testing". Ah, no. What I have tested though leads me to conclude this is a very solid and well designed tool. The xEdit scripts provide you with just the right amount of feedback to give you an idea of what is being manipulated. The whole process is very user friendly, indeed going by the amount of comments from newbies that are using this tool, it is extremely user friendly.

It is completely compatible with everything as it reads in weathers from your installed mods and creates the RealShelter patch using those values.

From what I can see this new mod is an entirely new beast to the old one.

• 1 month later...

So how do we test this out on top of a STEP Extended installation - factoring in creating bashed patches, DSR output files, and FNIS output files (etc...)?  I'd like to test the mod out myself, but would like to get some advice on how to install it properly first before I go ahead and waste a crapload of time trying to figure out what's going on with my faulty modding procedures.

It's dead easy to install. I put the mod esp at the bottom of the load order, the patch esp below it and use a meta rule to make sure it loads near the bottom. Then run the script and let it do it's thing. It's not 100% perfect all the time, but it fixes most of the really glaring issues, like rain coming through the roof in the Riverwood blacksmith etc etc...

Have you noticed it cause any issues at all?  Like - mess up NPC behavior at all when transitioning or anything else weird?  I've seen other mods that some people claim to be great and everything, but upon further investigation into those mods see some major issues.  For instance, the "Animations" mod causes issues with objects sometimes becoming unusable, for one - and supposedly the precursor to that "Harvesting Animation" had the same issue.  But no one in the STEP forum mentions the issues with those mods.  People talk about the issues in the mod's (Animations) Nexus forum.  So I'm a little skeptical.