Google Chrome Can't Download from Skyrim Nexus using MO

Idonea

Question

Hi, I can't download from Skyrim Nexus using the Mod Organizer. I click "download with manager" on the page, the box that lists dependencies comes up, I confirm, it disappears, but nothing happens in MO. Here is what I've tried:

[*]Clicking the globe icon then navigating to the mod I want via my address bar

[*]Giving MO my login information in the Configure Settings and Workarounds window

[*]Repeatedly clicking the "Associate with 'Download with Manager' Links" button

I do not know what else to do; I'm not well-versed in this type of program at all... I would appreciate it if someone would help me.

Just an FYI on this from Darkone on 5 June 2014 news section on the Nexus site.

In other news, a lot of people have noticed that the "Download With Manager" button is not working for them on the site. Firstly, let me say that this is nothing to do with us, in that we haven't caused this problem. The problem arises with the combination of Windows 8.1 and the Google Chrome browser, and only this combination. NMM works fine in IE and FireFox with Windows 8.1. For a slightly technical explanation of what's happening: a recent silent update to Chrome has forced the browser to no longer recognise third-party URL protocols, like the "nxm" URL the Nexus sites use to start your download in NMM. Instead, Chrome will now only accept URL protocols that are classed as "safe" by Windows 8/Microsoft, which at this time is basically just the Windows Store. Great update, Google. The fix for this issue involves editing a Google Chrome config file to tell Chrome that the Nexus Mod Manager is a safe program to accept URL requests from. Google haven't coded any sort of system (like FireFox has) to ask if you want to trust the Nexus Mod Manager protocol, it just refuses to work. That's just plain laziness on Google's part.

Seems like between this and restricting what addons you can download, Google is trying to pull an Apple...

Naw, at least Google keeps us occupied and gives us source code, as well as a nice Linux based OS for mobile.

Well, I'm on Win 8.1 with latest Chrome and mine still seems to work. I bet you they just discovered the same fix that we mention here.

Really, I didn't know Chrome's programmer's could program their way out of a wet paper bag; they still don't seem to know how to fix the issue that seems to occur if you have any double digit number of tabs above the number 9. Oh wait...

Though sadly I think they are still better than IE and Safari's development teams; who's heard anything from them recently? Last I heard they went on a mutual trip to Africa to go on a journey or expedition, for hunting or investigation...

Eww Pale Moon, yuck. I have to say I've tried 3 64-bit versions of FF and keep going back to Cyberfox. If I weren't using Cyberfox I'd be using Waterfox (which is finally being more frequently updated) Pale Moon just seems lackluster in comparison. Also the Waterfox page has links to all of the 64-bit plugins you'll need to take full advantage of it all.

I found this useful.

A nice little extension called "Open In Firefox".

When you use Chrome, you open the Nexus page with the mod you want to install and then press the button to open the same page in Firefox.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/open-with-firefox/jmjejjdalfogiopknpabihjhplfkjjjk

[edit]

You need to run Chrome in Win 7 compatibility mode for this extension to work.

Edited by GemAye

Eww Pale Moon, yuck. I have to say I've tried 3 64-bit versions of FF and keep going back to Cyberfox. If I weren't using Cyberfox I'd be using Waterfox (which is finally being more frequently updated) Pale Moon just seems lackluster in comparison. Also the Waterfox page has links to all of the 64-bit plugins you'll need to take full advantage of it all.

"Eww?" "Yuck?"

I know, why don't we start a Browser Holy War! There are hardly any of those on the Internet!

hi,

i have the same problem here, i  deleted the "nxm": false, line then i tried to download a skyrim mods it doesnt worked.then i opened the "local state" file again but the line which i deletet was back so every time when i deleted the nxm line, closed the file and opened the file again the line was back 

i know my english is bad, i hope u can understand what i have written.

Cyber

ps. I'm from germany :D

hi,

i have the same problem here, i  deleted the "nxm": false, line then i tried to download a skyrim mods it doesnt worked.then i opened the "local state" file again but the line which i deletet was back so every time when i deleted the nxm line, closed the file and opened the file again the line was back 

i know my english is bad, i hope u can understand what i have written.

Cyber

ps. I'm from germany :D

You have to quit chrome before changing the file.

Du musst auch erstmal Chrome schließen bevor du die Datei ändern kannst. ;)

You have to quit chrome before changing the file.

Du musst auch erstmal Chrome schließen bevor du die Datei ändern kannst. ;)

Vielen dank hat geklappt ;)) endlich kann ich wieder Skyrim zocken.

zuerst passierte nichts wenn ich auf Download with Manager klickte . habe aber einfach nxm neu installiert und jetzt gehts :)

Mfg 

Cyber

Bonjour a tous

Nouvelle sur le forum je venais vers vous pour un coup de main apres 4 jours d'echec et de recherche un peu partout sans trouver aucune reponse à mon problème pour rapatrier des mods par le globe.

Je suis sur Win7 avec Firefox à jour NMM0.52.2 et MO 1.2.11.

J'avais un problème de liaison entre NMM et Mo malgré voir effectué les bons réglages comme indiqué sur step et par gopher.

J'ai parcouru tout le forum et trouver un utilisateur sur Firefox ayant le même problème que moi qui a reussi à ce dépanner lui même mais j'avais déjà fait ce qu'il n'avait pas fait donc rien pour moi.

J'ai essayé tous les autres navigateurs et rien toujours le même message sur page blanche .nxm n'est pas reconnu ... la deuxieme fois avec chrome j'ai eu la ligne indiqué plus bas j'ai mis OK et tout a fonctionné.

Par contre en voyant la solution propose pour chrome cela m'a permis de trouver la solution avec firefox.

Je ne connais pas chrome ni win8 et je ne sais pas si la ligne suivante peut être utiliser comme dans Firefox Je l'indique ici si d'autres en on besoin et savent l'utiliser de façon équivalente. Pour moi cela a été une piste de dépannage. Voici l'indication que j'ai eu sur Chrome :

X: Steam SteamApps common Skyrim Mod Organizer nxmhanler.exe "" // skyrim / mods / xxxx / fichiers / xxxxxx "

X= le nom du disque ou se trouve skyrim, xxx= n° du mod et ID

Pour Firefox

1 aller dans option

2 onglet application

3 dérouler la liste avec l'ascenseur jusqu'à l'extention xnm

4 cliquer sur la droite du côté action

5 choisir autre

6 indique le chemin X: Steam SteamApps common Skyrim Mod Organizer nxmhanler.exe

7 enregistrer

Edited by molecule3962

It would appear you have a problem with the download with manager button in Firefox.

In Firefox settings, applications tab scroll to nxm in the left pane. In the right pane under action select "Always Ask" and OK out of settings and restart Firefox.

Go to a mod on the Nexus with a download with manager button and press it. Click continue with download. You should get a window that has a selection. There will be an entry to select an application, press the "Choose" button and navigate to where you have MO installed. Once there, select "ModOrganizer.exe" and OK out to finish.

This will allow you to associate MO with the green download button.

The next time you download a mod with the green download (nmm) button select Mod Organizer.

Do not select "Remember my choice for nxm links" as this will allow you to select Nexus Mod Manager if you use it for other games that MO does not support.

Google translation:

Il semble que vous avez un problème avec le téléchargement avec le bouton de gestionnaire dans Firefox.Dans les paramètres de Firefox, les applications onglet défilement pour nXm dans le volet gauche. Dans le volet de droite sous l'action sélectionnez "Toujours demander" et OK sur les paramètres et redémarrer Firefox.Aller à un mod sur le Nexus avec un téléchargement avec bouton de gestionnaire et appuyez dessus. Cliquez poursuivre téléchargement. Vous devriez obtenir une fenêtre qui a une sélection. Il y aura une entrée pour sélectionner une application, appuyez sur le bouton "Choisir" et accédez à l'endroit où vous avez installé MO. Une fois là-bas, sélectionnez "ModOrganizer.exe" et OK sur à la fin.Cela vous permettra d'associer MO avec le bouton vert de téléchargement.La prochaine fois que vous téléchargez un mod avec le bouton download vert (NMM) sélectionner Mod Organizer.Ne pas sélectionner "Enregistrer mon choix pour les liens nxm" que ce qui vous permettra de sélectionner Nexus Mod Manager si vous l'utilisez pour d'autres jeux que MO ne fonctionne pas.