Best Skyrim House Mods for Collectors

Noobsayer

So I'm gonna pimp myself out here a little bit. I am an obsessive collector, but I like to display stuff too -- and not just armor and weapons, but all the fun little (often useless) uniques in Skyrim. So I did a lot of inventory-taking and house-mod slumming and put together a list. After all that, I figured I might as well pretty it up and share. :B

Blog post: Best Skyrim House Mods for Collectors

That said, a couple aren't on the list. Jaggarsfeld isn't because of disappearing Dawnbreaker issues. Pinetree Lodge isn't because the ghost versions before you display the real versions take away from the fun (imo).

Someone did point out Dragonborn Gallery as one I should check out, which I will do, but if you guys know of others that should be included, please let me know!

Edited by Noobsayer
  • +1 1

Druids Den - Collectors Edition

Highlights: Quest aware. Activating the ledger will change features of the house as you progress. Dragonstone appears on your desk after Bleak Falls Barrow, decorations update as you become thane of different holds, etc. Storing beautiful but “common” objects (think ingredients or ores or dishes) will cause them to dynamically be displayed. So what you store is what appears to decorate your shelves.  Gorgeous custom wall displays for all weapon sets (iron, glass, Skyforge etc.) including DLC stuff. For the true magpie.

Say whuuuut?

I'm downloading that right now. Never would've thought it was possible to do something like that.

Really nice looking blog by the way, a little bit on the empty side though. ::P:

Hehe yeah, I am a busy gal with a full-time job and who actually enjoys PLAYING games too, so I don't get a lot of stuff up. I try to make what I do post high quality, though. :)

But thanks! And yes, Druid's Den is still technically a WIP (notably potion display is coming) but I adore it. Not only does all that stuff display, but she arranges it very artistically (alchemy ingredients and food being my favorites). As I said I highly recommend HD food/ingredients/clutter retextures, it really shows 'em off. :)

Druid's Den seems particularly interesting for multiple reasons. Saerileth is a particularly talented graphic artist, and the decoration evolution seems rather intriguing. That and, well, ... you did notice my icon didn't you!

It also seems unique enough that an Explorer might want to have it.

Druids Den certainly looks interesting, and made the the awesome Saerileth no less. I didn't expect that, although if the mod is as wonderfully done as her jewelry mods then I'm very tempted to try it out.

I use Aemer's Refuge and I will endorse that, it's really well done.

Druids Den has a lot to recommend it, from the author's description (emphasis, mine)

"Brand new custom display mechanics & quest-aware content
• Vast library and study area with functional bookshelves
• Treasury with lots of storage space, mannequins, display cases and weapon racks
• Mage area with alchemy/enchanting stations (including Staff Enchanter from DB)
• Underground forge with smithing equipment
• Kitchen and cooking area
• Indoor ingredient garden
• Exterior porch with breathtaking view of Whiterun and the Eastmarch
• Working stable for your horse
• Lots of greenery
• Fully navmeshed and cleaned with TES5Edit
• Family friendly with support for up to 6 children (Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions required!)

The containers are all safe and do not respawn (except for the trash bin in the main hall which can be used to dispose of unwanted items). There are no hidden gold stashes or fully stocked alchemy labs, personally I think that akin to cheating. This mod gives you nothing for free (apart from the house itself, there is currently no quest or other cost involved in acquiring it)"

Definitely worth checking out.

Edited by redirishlord

Druids Den has a lot to recommend it;

Brand new custom display mechanics & quest-aware content• Vast library and study area with functional bookshelves• Treasury with lots of storage space, mannequins, display cases and weapon racks• Mage area with alchemy/enchanting stations (including Staff Enchanter from DB)• Underground forge with smithing equipment• Kitchen and cooking area• Indoor ingredient garden• Exterior porch with breathtaking view of Whiterun and the Eastmarch• Working stable for your horse• Lots of greenery• Fully navmeshed and cleaned with TES5Edit• Family friendly with support for up to 6 children (Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions required!)

The containers are all safe and do not respawn (except for the trash bin in the main hall which can be used to dispose of unwanted items). There are no hidden gold stashes or fully stocked alchemy labs, personally I think that akin to cheating. This mod gives you nothing for free (apart from the house itself, there is currently no quest or other cost involved in acquiring it).

Definitely worth checking out.

The storage features scared me off (and the evil mannequins) but it did look impressive.

I use the following house and house related mods:

Lakeview Manor Lights by GaryFishFX

Thistle Cottage by Carah (no mannequin version ;) )

Riverside Lodge by Lupus (mannequin features can be disabled via control in game)

Mammoth Manor by Lupus

Breezehome TNF - Elianoras Flavour by goatk and Elianora

Hjerim TNF - Hearthfire by goatk

Proudspire Manor TNF - Hearthfire by goatk

Vlindrel Hall TNF - Hearthfire by goatk

Honeyside TNF - Hearthfire by goatk

Obviously, I find Goatk's work to be of top quality and superior edits to the game provided player homes.

Edited by Kuldebar
  • +1 1

Nice advice, I'll check out goatk's work, I've never been entirely happy with the vanilla homes (and always seem to have issues with the displays).

edit: Breezehome TNF-Elianora's Flavour looks great, I use EL&FX but its "no breezehome version" solves poetential conflict there, I'll see how SPO plays with this.

Re- Druids Den, don't fear the mannequins, they've always played nice with me. The display features are outstanding, drop your items in the appropriate container and voila display versions appear in strategic (or a more interior decorator-y term?) locations, no fuss no mess.

Edited by redirishlord

The storage features scared me off (and the evil mannequins) but it did look impressive.

Druid's Den is safely scripted. It's not going to eat your savegames. You really gotta get over that script phobia :P I've never had issues with mannequins and I've used it longterm.

As for those other house mods, they may be good, but they're outside the scope of what I'm looking for here. Again, the focus is displays for unique items like Dragon Burial Map or Ysgramor's Soup Spoon etc. -- stuff that's not a weapon or armor (or a mask/dragon claw) but that is cool.

Edited by Noobsayer

Druid's Den is safely scripted. It's not going to eat your savegames. You really gotta get over that script phobia :P I've never had issues with mannequins and I've used it longterm.

As for those other house mods, they may be good, but they're outside the scope of what I'm looking for here. Again, the focus is displays for unique items like Dragon Burial Map or Ysgramor's Soup Spoon etc. -- stuff that's not a weapon or armor (or a mask/dragon claw) but that is cool.

You're right, of course, especially now that we have a reasonably safe script removal tool: ( Save game script cleaner by Hadoram )

I do have to watch out for papyrus Overload because I run a STEP-influenced but heavily non-STEP modded game...and it runs very well, zero CTD (by "zero" I mean based on 20+ levels with this character so far) , freezes or malfunctions, thankfully. :)

TBH, I don't use Druid's Den (and otherwise excellent houses out there) because for full Hearthfires  adoption compatibility you need a separate addon ( Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions ). That pushes me too far out of my comfort zone.

Edited by Kuldebar

Yeah, I don't have much experience with the multiple adoptions thing. I'm testing it in a current game but I haven't actually done anything with kids yet so I can't really offer an opinion. :)

Course you could always use one of the standard "vanilla" (or modded version of vanilla) for your kids and use the mod houses when the Dragonborn needs a little "me" time :P lol