Wrye Bash - Delinquent Masters (Trying to make bashed patch)

Idonea

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to make a bashed patch for the first time after installing Wrye Bash. However, this window comes up part way through the process:

Posted Image

I'm going through a guide on the Nexus pertaining to bashed patch, and it says that I need to tweak my load order, but I don't understand how... for example, Falskaar is a .esm, so it's impossible for the Requiem patch to load before it. I do not understand how there could be a error then?

Can someone help me, please?

If you can give me about 30 minutes to find the file I have on the causes I've encountered and put it reasonably I can probably guide you through getting rid of the error. But first can you try unticking and then reticking all of the plugins in your Mod Organizer setup and then resorting with BOSS before trying to make the patch again?

Edit: It may take longer for me to get back to you on this issue, I'm having to unplug things from the wall, several lightning bolts have gotten so close that if I was on the other side of the glass I probably wouldn't be enjoying myself. Dry lightning if you'll believe it, it's not raining (yet), and still pretty clear.

Like you set up BASH earlier today, all your utilities should be run through Mod Organizer (MO) in a similar manner (except DSSOpt if you use it). Mod Organizer will show you your missing masters. If you select the plugins tab on the right window (the one that shows your ESP and ESMs), if there are missing masters they will show with a triangle with an exclamation sign. Putting you courser over them will tell you what masters are missing. You can also do this with BASH. Run BASH through MO and any ESP with a missing master will show with a red box to its left. Clicking on the mod will show its masters in the right panel second from the bottom. If a mods ESP is orange it means the masters are not listed in the order expected, but usually causes no harm. These can be fixed with TES5Edit (left for a rainy day to explain). These methods will tell you what ESPs are missing.  If for some reason you actually have the masters that are missing, but they are below the mod with missing masters in the load order shown in either BASH or MO, then you problem lies with BOSS not sorting your mods correctly or you have to use BOSS Userlist Manager (BUM) to tell BOSS how to sort the mods. Again running all these programs through MO. I do not use Requiem, so it is possible you incorrectly installed your patches and actually do not have the mods they are suppose to patch, hence the missing masters.

The problem isn't "missing" masters, though. They are there, and they're all below what they're supposed to edit. But for some reason Wrye Bash has them flagged as "delinquent" and I don't know what that means nor how to fix it.

I couldn't figure out how to share my load order in text... I know Wrye Bash has a feature for that, but all the guides I found on the internet said to go to "File", which I don't have if you look at the screenshot. Here is a screenshot of my load order... I guess this is as close as I'm gonna get to that. Also, the first post has a screenshot of what Wrye considers to be delinquent.

https://i.imgur.com/aIpyhZX.png

Okay, concerning the problem you're having, it's because Requiem is being loaded after all of it's patches. Patches should always be placed after their masters.

On an unrelated note though: The 3 files that are bundled with Sky Haven Temple (kikass blades, delphine and esbern) should not be used. Especially if using Requiem, Skyrim Unleashed, or SkyRe, since they'll undo the changes that those overhauls make to said NPCs.

Same for the WSCO - Better NPCs.esp file (the two other WSCO files can stay) AND the CWINPCImprovements.esp file.

And to avoid any grey face problems, when you disable "WSCO - Better NPCs.esp" and "CWINPCImprovements.esp", make sure to also delete the facegen files that WSCO and CWI add.

Edited by CJ2311
  • +1 1

What CJ2311 said. All your patches are orange because Requiem.esp is loaded after the patches. For future reference, you can find your mod load order in your MO/profiles/{your profile name goes here}/plugins.txt and when posting them post plugins.txt between spoiler tags. Also your unofficial skyrim patches are out of order. They should look like this:

Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

It seems like you have a problem with BOSS. If everything is perfect all your mods should show green.

Edited by DanimalTwo

Ah, okay. I kinda put Requiem there because I was having a problem where a mod was screwing with my health regen and my carry weight, yet I couldn't find out which mod it was even though I tested a bunch.

'Kay, after doing all that you suggested, I still have some delinquent masters:

Posted Image

Also, if you don't mind me asking, is a delinquent master error just a load order issue? I still don't quite understand what it is.

EDIT: I did have a problem with BOSS a while back, I couldn't get it to recognize my Skyrim installation. I eventually fixed it though. I have noticed that the last few times I've run it it hasn't changed anything, though.

Edited by Idonea

Ah, okay. I kinda put Requiem there because I was having a problem where a mod was screwing with my health regen and my carry weight, yet I couldn't find out which mod it was even though I tested a bunch.

'Kay, after doing all that you suggested, I still have some delinquent masters:

Posted Image

Also, if you don't mind me asking, is a delinquent master error just a load order issue? I still don't quite understand what it is.

It is a load order issue. What is showing in orange, means you either have the masters in an order not expected by the ESP. As long as all masters are ahead of the ESP this usually does not present a problem. This can be fixed using TES5Edit. Open TES5Edit select none, click the mod, let things load, then right click the mod and select "sort masters". The masters HAVE to be loaded before of the ESP in question. If the ESP is RED in BASH you ARE missing the masters.

From the list you first showed GeneralDisplays.esm should come before the GeneralDisplays - DG.esm and GeneralDisplays - DB.esm. Again your load order shows problems with BOSS. Are you running BOSS from MO?

A delinquant master error is when the master is placed after a patch in the load order, yeah.

Click on the [+] icon in front of each esp and it should tell you which esp should be placed before the one that's listed.

Also, I think you must have either run BOSS outside of MO, or used the (non working) Sort button in Mod Organizer, because the load order you have has indeed a lot of oddly ordered files.

I just ran BOSS through MO, and it didn't change anything. Do you think I need to reinstall or something? Weird.

Also, what does it mean if a .esp is orange, but the masters are all before it? I was about to fix the patch for GDO just now by running it through TES5Edit with Danimaltwo's instructions, but I get the feeling that doing that is just putting a bandaid on a gushing wound (It's just changing the load order in the mod and not actually fixing the problem). 

Gee, makes me nervous.