Photo

Wrye Bash - Delinquent Masters (Trying to make bashed patch)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 DanimalTwo

DanimalTwo

Knight

• Citizen
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Make sure you are using this version of BOSS. Then set it up in MO.

#17 Idonea

Idonea

Noble

• Citizen
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

I just reinstalled from there and ran it and nothing changed. :(

#18 DanimalTwo

DanimalTwo

Knight

• Citizen
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

I am assuming you downloaded BOSS outside of MO and installed it somewhere. I my case I installed it on D:Program Files (x86)BOSSBOSS.exe.  Then you used MO to setup it up by clicking on the COGS (where you setup BASH). If you setup BOSS within MO, you have it listed as whatever you called it. I called it BOSS. So I see 'title BOSS' binary "D:Program Files (x86)BOSSBOSS.exe" and nothing else entered or checked off. When I say run BOSS through MO, what I mean is select BOSS (or whatever you called it) from the drop down menu on the right pane next to the RUN button in MO. Then click the RUN button. A browser window should popup in your default browser. In that window, you will see Summary, User Rules (if you have any), SKSE Plugins, and Recognised Plugins at the very left. You may also have 'UnRecognised Plugins' listed. The UnRecognised Plugins is something you have to do something about, meaning BOSS does not know what the sort order should be. The UnRecognised Plugins are usually taken care of using BOSS Userlist Manager (BUM). Clicking on Recognised Plugings shows your load order and any warning given with the UnRecognised Plugins shown last.  Is what I described what you did installing and running BOSS?

#19 Idonea

Idonea

Noble

• Citizen
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

Yes, all except the part with BUM.

#20 DanimalTwo

DanimalTwo

Knight

• Citizen
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Unfortunately I am at a loss why BOSS is not working for you. May I suggest Neovalen's guide to Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition (SR:LE). The beginning gives detailed instructions for setting up all the tools needed for modding. It was through following his guide that I learned how to use all the tools.

#21 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Step Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

Open the BOSS GUI application and make sure that you have it set to Sort Plugins and NOT Perform Trial Run.

#22 Idonea

Idonea

Noble

• Citizen
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

I can't get BOSS GUI to start, but bDoTrialRun is set to false in BOSS.ini, does that work?

#23 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Step Admin
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

This might be a permissions issue. Try running Mod Organizer as administrator and then running BOSS through it.

#24 Idonea

Idonea

Noble

• Citizen
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

Posted Image

:(

#25 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Step Admin
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

Uninstall and reinstall BOSS, and make sure the BOSS installer is run as administrator. Ideal location to install BOSS to is your <skyrim> directory so you have <skyrim>BOSSBoss.exe. This way Mod Organizer will automatically recognize BOSS. You might have to remove the executable entry first, however.

#26 Idonea

Idonea

Noble

• Citizen
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

Actually, it's not just BOSS. I think I've broken everything. I was following the steps on this page, basically cleaning the Bethesda .bsas with TES5Edit and unpacking and optimizing textures, but now nothing will start -- not skse, not vanilla skyrim, not Wrye Bash or BOSS. :(

EDIT: Also, how do I move installed folders in MO? When I look in the data pane in MO, my SKSE plugins folder is in my Data folder. Pretty sure that it's not supposed to be there.

EDIT2: Does SKSE have a crash log?

Edited by Idonea, 06 April 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#27 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Step Admin
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

Errr what did you do? Sounds like you might need to start over :(

#28 Idonea

Idonea

Noble

• Citizen
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

I followed that tutorial in the "clean the bethesda esms" and "optimizing the bethesda textures", but didn't get any farther than that.

#29 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Step Admin
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

I followed that tutorial in the "clean the bethesda esms" and "optimizing the bethesda textures", but didn't get any farther than that.

Can't see how that could possibly cause this problem.

#30 Idonea

Idonea

Noble

• Citizen
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

I don't know, either. What should I do? :(

EDIT: Okay, it's not that. I unchecked my edited esms through MO and everything continues to crash.

EDIT: REINSTALLING DIDN'T HELP IM DOOMED

Posted Image

Edited by Idonea, 06 April 2014 - 08:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users