Dreadflopps Modular patches

Does any part of MMO specifically impact the stock of spells that a merchant has in his/her inventory? I've got an odd glitch where I'll start from a certain save file and head to Dragonsreach only to find that Farengar has no spell books whatsoever. Off the back of other saves where I've wandered about for a few hours, he might have only Novice or only Apprentice skills books. I can't even seem to recreate a specific result each time. This is all on the same character, and the same level pretty much (lvl 1-3). I'm not entirely sure what his inventory should be on my current installation (Extended / REGS / MMO) at low level...

Does any part of MMO specifically impact the stock of spells that a merchant has in his/her inventory? I've got an odd glitch where I'll start from a certain save file and head to Dragonsreach only to find that Farengar has no spell books whatsoever. Off the back of other saves where I've wandered about for a few hours, he might have only Novice or only Apprentice skills books. I can't even seem to recreate a specific result each time. This is all on the same character, and the same level pretty much (lvl 1-3). I'm not entirely sure what his inventory should be on my current installation (Extended / REGS / MMO) at low level...

I don't think so, except scarcity which makes loot rarer. They should still have spells in stock though since scarcity makes all loot rarer. I'll check to see what Farengar has in stock in my game. I'm level 2...

One possibility so far, is that the issue above may be related to Scarcity and/or how the mod is handled in the bashed patch. With my original save that has Farengar with no spell tomes, I've removed the two rarity plugins (6x Merchant & 8x Loot) from the bashed patch (which was previously merged/deactivated as per Wrye Bash recommendation) and instead just loaded them as active, but otherwise in the same order.

This now gives me the apprentice tomes while at level 2, but no novice tomes from Farengar. Will test a little more as and when I can.

edit - Scarcity now removed from load order. Full compliment of Novice & Apprentice spells now present in Farengar's inventory. Them's the brakes!

Edited by Quinnbeast

Glad you found the cause of this. Not really a glitch than but a feature ☺ Scarcity makes all items rarer. It doesn't remove any items from the leveled lists, it just lowers the global chance of items to be found as loot or at merchants. That's probably why you sometimes found spells and sometimes you didn't. If you want more items available for sale, use another version of the scarcity merchants plugin. You must use one version of it if memory serves me, otherwise the loot plugin chance will apply to merchants too.

Edited by dreadflopp

That does make plenty of sense, but it's odd how it actually manifests if that's the case. If I retry the same save repeatedly (with 6x & 8x), he'll have maybe two or three scrolls, each of which are different every time. That I can understand, as it gives the impression of rotation (buying/selling) of stock at a given period. But going from absolutely zero spell books to having every single apprentice book (and no novice) feels like he must have had a delivery off the back of truck: a limited selection of both novice/apprentice books would be more convincing.

Perhaps it's a limitation of the mod and/or game. That said, I'll have a look at the 2x or 4x merchant plugins anyway, since it's the wall of loots that typically provides those early get-rich-quick schemes, and not merchant stock.

Edited by Quinnbeast
  • 2 weeks later...

PerMa is not compatible with thecurrent version of morrowloot. That might change though as I replace it with morrowloot ultimate. The author of that version of morrowloot have made a patch for PerMa.

@dreadflopp I've been searching Google, Reddit, Nexus and multiple forums for the latest on this, but haven't gotten an explicit answer in either direction. Do you know if PerMa is still incompatible with MLU?

Edited by d3monic

I don't know much of this. There is an official patch for PerMa in MLUs in the MLU patches. Try that or ask on MLUs nexus page.

True. Somebody there must know. :thumbsup:

Edit: @dreadflopp You were right. It's mentioned in the sticky right at the top of the MLU Posts tab on the nexus page, including all the other compatibility patches and the location for all of them.

Edited by d3monic
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi dreadflopp,

I added CACO to my game based on SR:LE and played for 5-6 hours. I liked it a lot. There are much more ingredients to collect as well as weight changes. I think reducing carrying weight by 200 may be too much, at least for low level character. Will need to test more. My last playthrough without CACO, -200 carrying weight is just right IMHO up to level 40.  

Thanks

Edited by darkside

I haven't tried CACO yet but the patches are done. I'm just waiting for frostfall to be updated. I can post them if you like. Give reports on reduced carry weight with CRACK and how it works for you :) I'll check the notice board later today

Edit: not CRACK, CACO. It sounded a little aggressive but it was just autocorrect...

Edited by dreadflopp

I haven't tried CACO yet but the patches are done. I'm just waiting for frostfall to be updated. I can post them if you like. Give reports on reduced carry weight with CRACK and how it works for you :) I'll check the notice board later today

No rush man. I am waiting for Frostfall and possibly Last Seed before my next long playthrough. At least, carrying weight is something you can tweak in-game. 

Edited by darkside

No rush man. I am waiting for Frostfall and possibly Last Seed before my next long playthrough. At least, carrying weight is something you can tweak in-game.

Me too, right now I'm making sure everything is up to date and about to fix SRLE explorers edition compatibility with step, my packs and immersive citizens. Please read my edit above. Didn't mean to scream CRACK at you...
  • +1 1