Dreadflopps Modular patches

• 2 weeks later...

So I've added Enhanced Mighty Dragons Reborn + Kohnariks Accoutrements.  Never used DCO because of the talk of bugs and such, plus I'm not keen on adding anything more with active scripts - I do realize EMDR + DD is a little redundant, but it is a genuine difficulty increase over just DD, and the sheer length of battles with higher level dragons is a fun challenge in and of itself.  Anyway I tested this with the Deadly Dragons Script Patch (not extensively, so its not worth much) and everything seemed fine - I talked about an animation bug I was seeing when I would spawn multiple dragons a while back, and this did seem to take care of that - didn't test assault though.

Also a couple small notes on landscapes;

Installed Vivid Landscapes recently and am just letting it overwrite Skyrim HD from STEP.... Its much, much better as far as I'm concerned, and better even than AMidianBorn Lanscape which I was playing with before and liked (mostly) better than SkyrimHD.  The snow and snow road textures from AMidianBorn are the best I've seen however, and I've actually cut them out of the mod for use with Vivid Landscapes and they look great together.  You could take the glacier textures from AMidianBorn as well, as they're the best (IMO) other than Ice by Kakasi which is my personal favorite, mostly because of how white they are.  I really don't like how just about every other texture makes glaciers blue, and they get bluer with ENB's.  My testing isn't as extensive with overall landscape but with snow/glacier textures I've seriously tried almost everything, see this thread for proof.

Also both Vivid Lanscapes and the AMidianBorn snow roads work with Real Roads, and it truly looks amazing.  Oh and I disabled the farmhouse textures from Vivid Landscapes All-In-One, as well as some of the Dungeon textures, in order to let STEP overwrite them, as I find them to be much better.

Also, I've found the ENB preset that was made for me.  I really enjoyed Vividian, but Organic ENBv2 is just about perfect for my tastes.  It does have the advantage of being made for the newest ENB binary.  Saturation is just about right, I set Vivid Weathers to low with it, and everything else is really beautiful - shadows really look weighty without getting too dark during the day, there is a softness to it in interiors that really complements lighting and smoke/fog effects... I could go on, but it's a really beautiful preset and compatible with Vivid Weathers and ELFX, by the author of the ENB SMIM ELFX performance patch.  Two small notes - the DoF effect is pretty heavy and mostly for screenshots.  I actually like to play with DoF so I will be attempting to just make the blur a little less powerful, as I like the rest of how it handles.  Also, nights are super dark with this preset, and have a blue hue to them.  I absolutely love it, but for those that don't there are brighter night optionals.

I have a couple screenshots.

uPUvGuk.jpg

Oh and finally there a couple conflicts between Enhanced Landscapes and Verdant - most of which I think are not critical at all, but at least one for sure is, revolving around Heartwood Mill.  I only say that because you sounded like you were considering using them.  Also, I noticed a conflict at Heartwood Mill as well between Enhanced Landscapes and Better Fast Travel that is not at all obvious in xEdit, and I'm not sure if SRLE Extended CR caught it - both mods add a dock to that location.  At the moment I've disabled the BFT dock as the EL dock looked better and would have been more time-consuming to disable (more stuff on the dock).  Haven't attempted to take a boat to that dock though.

So I've added Enhanced Mighty Dragons Reborn + Kohnariks Accoutrements.  Never used DCO because of the talk of bugs and such, plus I'm not keen on adding anything more with active scripts - I do realize EMDR + DD is a little redundant, but it is a genuine difficulty increase over just DD, and the sheer length of battles with higher level dragons is a fun challenge in and of itself.  Anyway I tested this with the Deadly Dragons Script Patch (not extensively, so its not worth much) and everything seemed fine - I talked about an animation bug I was seeing when I would spawn multiple dragons a while back, and this did seem to take care of that - didn't test assault though.

Oh and finally there a couple conflicts between Enhanced Landscapes and Verdant - most of which I think are not critical at all, but at least one for sure is, revolving around Heartwood Mill.  I only say that because you sounded like you were considering using them.  Also, I noticed a conflict at Heartwood Mill as well between Enhanced Landscapes and Better Fast Travel that is not at all obvious in xEdit, and I'm not sure if SRLE Extended CR caught it - both mods add a dock to that location.  At the moment I've disabled the BFT dock as the EL dock looked better and would have been more time-consuming to disable (more stuff on the dock).  Haven't attempted to take a boat to that dock though.

I always like EDMR but it was pulled due to so many people moaning about how difficult dragon were. but I did also have deadly dragon and DCO installed so maybe they were a factor too.

What are the conflicts between enhanced landscape and BFT you noted do you know the formids?

Edited by Darth_mathias

1c0018aa - dock from enhanced landscapes

46004a7e - from BFT

There are also a couple floating barrels and haystacks near the house there for me that I couldn't figure out what to do with, but that may be due to Verdant.  

ok thanks i'll check it out.

I take you deleted this from BFT.esp?

Edit: I can confirm that i currently don't have any float barrels i that location so maybe it's Verdant.

Edited by Darth_mathias
  • 2 weeks later...

I tested this with the Deadly Dragons Script Patch (not extensively, so its not worth much) and everything seemed fine - I talked about an animation bug I was seeing when I would spawn multiple dragons a while back, and this did seem to take care of that - didn't test assault though.

Also a couple small notes on landscapes;

Sorry for the late answer. Real life is keeping me busy. I'm adding the Deadly Dragons Script Patch to the Gameplay Rebalance pack.

Your screenshots look nice. I'm going to try with your texture and ENB setup when I get time to play again. I'm making some changes to the packs. I'm removing the pre-merged patches for now. Real life will take up most of my time for the next 4 months since I decided to take some university courses while working full time. By removing the pre-merged patches I can focus on keeping the modular patches updated.

No worries man, real life is more important.

As you seem interested, I'm also in love with;

Ethereal Cosmos & Auroras for nights... playing around with using stars from Enhanced Night Skyrim and just galaxies from EC.  Gamwich's Auroras are awesome though.

Also, recently installed Sands of Time - Sleeping Encounters and think it's a pretty cool addition to the Survival pack.  Adds an element of danger to camping and has a good number of settings in the MCM; I set just about everything other than dungeons and caves to very low and disable encounters in Inns and Jorrvaskr, as that doesn't make any sense to me - on that note it would be nice to have an option to differentiate home invasions between homes in cities (which I would again consider nonsensical) and Hearthfire homes, but it is possible to just disable home invasions altogether.  You can also set a delay between being awoken with the 'you're being attacked' message and when your assailants will actually begin attacking - so that it's not just a gang enemies hacking you to death as you get out of bed.  Haven't played with it too much yet - only level 4 so far and have been attacked once; but on that note it appears to be working rather well, with the settings I have.

Tentapalooza I would definitely recommend as a Campfire addon.  You could consider some of what it adds non 'lore friendly' (the Egyptian or desert themed stuff you were pointing out in DigSite, which is incorporated into this mod) but I would argue they're just good thematic roleplaying alternatives.  There's no reason Khajiit from Elseweyr couldn't bring stuff from their homeland, or craft it in Skyrim.  It has coffins for vampire characters, cauldrons for witches, a cool tent spell (that can now be assigned to Illusion, Conjuration or Alteration on your preference), craftable storage (with the same issue as the other one unfortunately - infinite storage, only 25 weight) and tanning rack, a couple different chairs/stools and of course a variety of tents and bedrolls that go along with those themes.  Well made, everything places easily and looks great - expands the functionality of campsites and adds to roleplay possibilities based around Campfire.

Kesta's Bedrolls and Traps is really cool too, but very basic at the moment.  Its unique feature is that you can now pick up any bedroll or trap placed in the world and then use them like any other campfire item.  It will be updated in the future and the traps split into it's own mod, with different varieties of traps (steel, silver, possibly other materials) and the ability to bait/poison traps.  Still a worthwhile addition at the moment (the craftable and placeable traps especially now with SOT Sleeping Encounters!), though I do find that I have too many recipes for bedrolls with it and Tentapalooza - so I cut them out for myself.

All of these mods can be added to any setup conflict-free as far as I'm aware, and they make for nice additions to a Survival playstyle.

• 3 weeks later...

No worries man, real life is more important.

As you seem interested, I'm also in love with;

Ethereal Cosmos & Auroras for nights... playing around with using stars from Enhanced Night Skyrim and just galaxies from EC.  Gamwich's Auroras are awesome though.

Also, recently installed Sands of Time - Sleeping Encounters and think it's a pretty cool addition to the Survival pack.  Adds an element of danger to camping and has a good number of settings in the MCM; I set just about everything other than dungeons and caves to very low and disable encounters in Inns and Jorrvaskr, as that doesn't make any sense to me - on that note it would be nice to have an option to differentiate home invasions between homes in cities (which I would again consider nonsensical) and Hearthfire homes, but it is possible to just disable home invasions altogether.  You can also set a delay between being awoken with the 'you're being attacked' message and when your assailants will actually begin attacking - so that it's not just a gang enemies hacking you to death as you get out of bed.  Haven't played with it too much yet - only level 4 so far and have been attacked once; but on that note it appears to be working rather well, with the settings I have.

Tentapalooza I would definitely recommend as a Campfire addon.  You could consider some of what it adds non 'lore friendly' (the Egyptian or desert themed stuff you were pointing out in DigSite, which is incorporated into this mod) but I would argue they're just good thematic roleplaying alternatives.  There's no reason Khajiit from Elseweyr couldn't bring stuff from their homeland, or craft it in Skyrim.  It has coffins for vampire characters, cauldrons for witches, a cool tent spell (that can now be assigned to Illusion, Conjuration or Alteration on your preference), craftable storage (with the same issue as the other one unfortunately - infinite storage, only 25 weight) and tanning rack, a couple different chairs/stools and of course a variety of tents and bedrolls that go along with those themes.  Well made, everything places easily and looks great - expands the functionality of campsites and adds to roleplay possibilities based around Campfire.

Kesta's Bedrolls and Traps is really cool too, but very basic at the moment.  Its unique feature is that you can now pick up any bedroll or trap placed in the world and then use them like any other campfire item.  It will be updated in the future and the traps split into it's own mod, with different varieties of traps (steel, silver, possibly other materials) and the ability to bait/poison traps.  Still a worthwhile addition at the moment (the craftable and placeable traps especially now with SOT Sleeping Encounters!), though I do find that I have too many recipes for bedrolls with it and Tentapalooza - so I cut them out for myself.

All of these mods can be added to any setup conflict-free as far as I'm aware, and they make for nice additions to a Survival playstyle.

Once again sorry for the late answers. I read your posts but I have been really busy. I figured I should change my occupation so I have started to study computer science and programming while working full time (for the time being) and playing New Super Mario Wii with my kid (we'll soon have all star coins), which means I'm quite busy atm. I'll have more time in a few months when I'll be able to work part-time ::):

Ethereal Cosmos and Auroras are added to my install to be tested when I get by to play Skyrim again. Added Tentapalooza to the Survival pack for now. Sands of time - Sleeping Encounters sounds fun and immersive and is actually something that I have missed (since Baldurs Gate). I'd like fast travel encounters too, even though I don't actually use fast travel (mostly...). I need to test it myself before I add it. The same goes for more interesting loot, which looks great. Unfortunately it will take quite some time before I'll be able to play again, but it will happen sooner or later.

Added Deadly Dragons Script Patch. Added notes to only use the modular patches. The modular patches will be updated every now and then to keep the packs up to date. Anyone, please notify me if you see anything in xEdit that needs to be patched, attach a screenshot if you are uncertain and I'll fix it :)

As always man no worries.  I hate to feel like I'm pestering you - I sure did enough of that when I started this whole thing, I just feel like I actually have something valid to contribute at this point as I've been playing and tweaking for almost a year straight now.  My install is complete now - I am working on that NPC 'buff' mod I was talking about a long time ago, which will be the final piece to my thing, at least until Chesko drops Last Seed / Hunger in the North and please oh please an injuries mod.  So mostly all I have to do now is actually play this thing and maybe I'll have some more developed thoughts once I've really given it some time.

With that, a couple notes;

1 - the link to Wintermyst - Loot and Degradation patch points to the page for Wildcat (Gameplay Rebalance Pack)

2 - More Interesting Loot, while a great idea appears to be a bit unfinished and doesn't seem to be currently supported.  If you check the posts tab on the mod page you'll see people raising a number of what at least appear to be legitimate issues, with no response from months ago.  Amongst the issues - ingredients with only one listed effect, unable to disenchant items, some incorrect linking for alchemy notes/recipes and enchantments having static assigned values thus being unaffected by enchanting skill level.  Can't confirm or deny any of that as I didn't play with it long before uninstalling - major issue for me was the tons of loot it adds that is not friendly with MLU - Ebony, Glass and so on.  I had no idea how to sort that without completely losing access to those items (ie. deleting them), so I just dropped it and went with Wintermyst, which I am loving in the short time I've played with it.  Really did like the MCM options for MIL, but too much other stuff going on for me to use it right now.  

- on that note I will say after a short time with Wintermyst I'm finding even with Loot and Degradation enchanted item chance set at 1 they're still dropping a bit too frequently, at least for my tastes.  Not really a real issue but I do wish there was a way to configure that a little better.

3 - Advanced Adversary Encounters new version(s) is out - 3 different versions; Noob, Normal, and Nightmare.  Normal version has normal weapon resistance for undead and such at 50%, much more reasonable than previously.  Can't say much more than that at the moment as I haven't played with it long, but from what I can tell after looking through it briefly in xEdit, looks great.  SirJesto's patches look better than they did before as well, and apparently work for all 3 versions the same.  I've dropped BYS as both mods attempt to handle resistances and both in different ways, and the extra silver arsenal doesn't justify it especially since I've also added Faction Crossbows + Dawnguard Arsenal.  I'm sure you'll want to play with it before you make a decision, but this new version does look promising.

The Nightmare version has undead/vampire resistance to normal weapons at 100%!  Yikes.

4 - Small note on textures - highly recommend grabbing the 'galaxies only' file from Ethereal Cosmos, and using the star textures from Enhanced Night Skyrim (maybe Vivid Weathers, I've never used the star/galaxy textures from it - highly doubt the galaxies look as good as EC, but the stars in EC could use some subtlety).  Also Skygazer Moons + (if you want) Constellations... Constellations will already be covered almost certainly by whatever star replacer you use, but I personally like FadingSignals...  I use either the 'less bright no nebula' or 'less bright with nebula' version, can't remember which at the moment.

Also, when I was testing AmidianBorn Landscape before, I had just installed Enhanced Landscapes + Verdant, and I was loading Verdant after EL foolishly, so a decent amount of my landscape textures were skewed, so my impressions of AMB were skewed.  Vivid Landscapes is still undeniably an incredible texture pack, and I might still like it better overall than AMB... However, AMB is just about it's equal in quality, is much closer to vanilla, and doesn't touch on anything that isn't specifically landscape.  It also covers snow + glaciers, which VL does not, and it's snow as I said before is (IMO) the best snow texture available.  AMB can't mess with Rocking Stones and Mountains 2 from the VL pack though, as those are my favorite mountain/rock textures.  If similarity to vanilla is an issue at all, there is a "Classic Grey Mountains' download available on the main VL page that looks quite good in game.  I am enjoying the look of it as supplied on the RSM2 page though personally.

5 - I'm considering a change of occupation as well, and actually this whole experience with modding has made me consider computer science / programming myself.  I do have a bachelors degree in Illustration, so it might behoove me to really make a push at doing something with that however.  Allowed myself to be defeated before giving it an earnest attempt there.

- Enjoy playing Mario with your kid, that sounds like fun!  And don't feel the need to respond, I'm only posting this stuff here at this point for whatever utility it might have to you/users.

Hi, I just completed installing the entire STEP Core mods and now I want to install some overhaul mods alongside it such as Ordinator, Wildcat, PermaZONES, Deadly Dragons, and Mortal Enemies. While trying to figure out on how to install those, I came across the STEP packs which happen to be the next guides on game overhauls with a link at the bottom of the final instructions of installing STEP.

While looking at it, I noticed my Ordinator is part of the Pack:Dovahkiin Reborn while Wildcat, PermaZONES, and Deadly Dragons are part of the Pack:Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance. However, I'm not interested in installing any of the whole packs or more. I just want to install the 5 mods above me. Even if I wanted to install the entire pack or more, one of your instructions to do so confuses me. For example, let's say I want to install the entire Pack:Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance including Optionals minus Hardcore. One of these instructions under Post-Installation Configuration:

LOOT rules

Load dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp AFTER STEP Extended patch.esp

Load Rebirth Monster.esp after High Level Enemies - SIC.esp

Set global priority for RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp to 990100

Set global priority for RealisticWaterTwo.esp to 990200

Set global priority for ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp to 990400

Load STEP Core Patch after ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Load STEP Extended Patch after ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Set global priority for STEP Core - SGR Casual.esp to 990600

Set global priority for STEP Extended - SGR Casual.esp to 990600

Set global priority for STEP Core - SGR Hardcore.esp to 990600

Set global priority for STEP Extended - SGR Hardcore.esp to 990600

What confuses me is, where do I get 'STEP Core - SGR Casual.esp' that I see from the LOOT rules above?

I can't figure that out since there's no mention about that esp file within this pack guide. Since I don't know where it is or what information has changed about it I scrolled down a bit further to seek more information until I stopped under Patches:

Conflict resolution

Notice: For the time being, you need to merge your own patch using my modular patches.

Download the relevant patches from here.

Install the patches and make LOOT rules for them:

LOOT Rules:

STEP Core - SGR Casual.esp Set global priority 990400

STEP Core - SGR Hardcore.esp Set global priority 990400

STEP Extended - SGR Casual.esp Set global priority 990400

STEP Extended - SGR Hardcore.esp Set global priority 990400

If you only install some mods from the pack or if you have other packs installed, please merge your own patch with instructions found here.

Now let's say I want to install some mods like the 5 I've mentioned earlier just like the sentence above. So I clicked into the link 'here' which leads me to User:Dreadflopp/Dreadflopps Modular patches page. Now this is where things become confusing again. This page makes no mention of about merging patches for Pack:Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance when installing some of its mods. All I read is instructions about SR:LE until I stopped under Patches. I downloaded 'Dreadflopps modular patches' zip file from the Dropbox, opened it to see if it has something I'm looking for only to run into more confusion. What confuses me is that although the information under Patches instructs me to install patches from the zip file that are for mods I use, I am baffled at what the rest of the patches are for and if I need them. 

For example, under the zip directory path below

1. Patches for Dreadflopps packs + Survival by Smile44/STEP Core/

I see a file 'STEP Core___STEP patch fix.esp'. I mean, what is that for? Do I need it? Same thing for the rest of the esp files unfamiliar to me although I see 'STEP Core__Deadly Dragons.esp' and 'STEP Core__Ordinator.esp' which is something I should have like it instructs me. For the rest of the esp files I don't know what to do with, nothing I find answers for me, not even the modular patches page nor the Install instructions.txt file.

The problem I am having that others will eventually share is that you fail to provide proper instructions for installing the entire Pack:Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance nor have you pointed us in the right direction of how to merge our own patch when installing a few mods from this same pack. If I am able to follow instructions on how to install STEP Core, then I myself or anyone else should do the same with this pack just as easily. I hope someone else, others especially Dreadflopps will provide an answer to this problem and hopefully rectify the poor instructions in the pack. If you do, we'll all be grateful to you simply because nobody deserves to scratch their heads about guides not being properly provided to them. Until then, I await the answers of others and Dreadflopps and see how they respond.

1. Patches for Dreadflopps packs + Survival by Smile44

20px-Info-Logo.png      Notice:My patches will no longer have ELE (Enhanced lighting for ENB) as an optional, it will be a requirement from now on.

This folder contains 3 subfolders. They require ELE to be installed. Install all patches from the subfolder that matches your base game install (STEP: Core, STEP: Extended or SR:LE). Hide or remove the patches that are for mods that you do not use. Note that, as mentioned before, if you have STEP: Extended installed and have added any mod from SR:LE that has a patch in the SR:LE folder, use those patches instead of the STEP: Extended patches. 

Edited by baronaatista