Dreadflopps Modular patches

Ok I understand what to take from the zip file and how to fix them using TES5Edit but I'm still wondering what 'STEPCore___STEP patch fix.esp' is for and if I need it. 

Again it still doesn't answer my questions about how to merge my own patch. I'm not sure if instructions after Patches and into Merging are related to each other and yes I know 2. Other mods is about installing Falskaar and Wyrmstooth but I'm not installing those. I'm also not sure if Merging has to do with installing some mods from Pack:Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance or its whole pack.

I'm not certain if you need the STEPCore__STEP patch fix.esp, as I use the SRLE patches, but I would guess yes.  You can always load up xEdit and check what that .esp is doing if you're unsure.  As far as I can tell you should need the Deadly Dragons, Ordinator, xSTEP forward, and likely the patch fix.esp's.  Make sure you add the LOOT rules and Bash Tags to your merged patch

Load order

LOOT Rules:

• Dreadflopps modular patches merged.esp Set global priority 990600
Bash tags

Add the bash tags namesstatsrelev and delev to the merged patch using Wrye bash.

As always man no worries.  I hate to feel like I'm pestering you - I sure did enough of that when I started this whole thing, I just feel like I actually have something valid to contribute at this point as I've been playing and tweaking for almost a year straight now.  My install is complete now - I am working on that NPC 'buff' mod I was talking about a long time ago, which will be the final piece to my thing, at least until Chesko drops Last Seed / Hunger in the North and please oh please an injuries mod.  So mostly all I have to do now is actually play this thing and maybe I'll have some more developed thoughts once I've really given it some time.

With that, a couple notes;

1 - the link to Wintermyst - Loot and Degradation patch points to the page for Wildcat (Gameplay Rebalance Pack)

2 - More Interesting Loot, while a great idea appears to be a bit unfinished and doesn't seem to be currently supported.  If you check the posts tab on the mod page you'll see people raising a number of what at least appear to be legitimate issues, with no response from months ago.  Amongst the issues - ingredients with only one listed effect, unable to disenchant items, some incorrect linking for alchemy notes/recipes and enchantments having static assigned values thus being unaffected by enchanting skill level.  Can't confirm or deny any of that as I didn't play with it long before uninstalling - major issue for me was the tons of loot it adds that is not friendly with MLU - Ebony, Glass and so on.  I had no idea how to sort that without completely losing access to those items (ie. deleting them), so I just dropped it and went with Wintermyst, which I am loving in the short time I've played with it.  Really did like the MCM options for MIL, but too much other stuff going on for me to use it right now.  

- on that note I will say after a short time with Wintermyst I'm finding even with Loot and Degradation enchanted item chance set at 1 they're still dropping a bit too frequently, at least for my tastes.  Not really a real issue but I do wish there was a way to configure that a little better.

3 - Advanced Adversary Encounters new version(s) is out - 3 different versions; Noob, Normal, and Nightmare.  Normal version has normal weapon resistance for undead and such at 50%, much more reasonable than previously.  Can't say much more than that at the moment as I haven't played with it long, but from what I can tell after looking through it briefly in xEdit, looks great.  SirJesto's patches look better than they did before as well, and apparently work for all 3 versions the same.  I've dropped BYS as both mods attempt to handle resistances and both in different ways, and the extra silver arsenal doesn't justify it especially since I've also added Faction Crossbows + Dawnguard Arsenal.  I'm sure you'll want to play with it before you make a decision, but this new version does look promising.

The Nightmare version has undead/vampire resistance to normal weapons at 100%!  Yikes.

4 - Small note on textures - highly recommend grabbing the 'galaxies only' file from Ethereal Cosmos, and using the star textures from Enhanced Night Skyrim (maybe Vivid Weathers, I've never used the star/galaxy textures from it - highly doubt the galaxies look as good as EC, but the stars in EC could use some subtlety).  Also Skygazer Moons + (if you want) Constellations... Constellations will already be covered almost certainly by whatever star replacer you use, but I personally like FadingSignals...  I use either the 'less bright no nebula' or 'less bright with nebula' version, can't remember which at the moment.

Also, when I was testing AmidianBorn Landscape before, I had just installed Enhanced Landscapes + Verdant, and I was loading Verdant after EL foolishly, so a decent amount of my landscape textures were skewed, so my impressions of AMB were skewed.  Vivid Landscapes is still undeniably an incredible texture pack, and I might still like it better overall than AMB... However, AMB is just about it's equal in quality, is much closer to vanilla, and doesn't touch on anything that isn't specifically landscape.  It also covers snow + glaciers, which VL does not, and it's snow as I said before is (IMO) the best snow texture available.  AMB can't mess with Rocking Stones and Mountains 2 from the VL pack though, as those are my favorite mountain/rock textures.  If similarity to vanilla is an issue at all, there is a "Classic Grey Mountains' download available on the main VL page that looks quite good in game.  I am enjoying the look of it as supplied on the RSM2 page though personally.

5 - I'm considering a change of occupation as well, and actually this whole experience with modding has made me consider computer science / programming myself.  I do have a bachelors degree in Illustration, so it might behoove me to really make a push at doing something with that however.  Allowed myself to be defeated before giving it an earnest attempt there.

- Enjoy playing Mario with your kid, that sounds like fun!  And don't feel the need to respond, I'm only posting this stuff here at this point for whatever utility it might have to you/users.

You're not pestering, I really appreciate the feedback and suggestions. Looking forward to your NPC buff-mod.

1) Fixed

2) Noted. More interesting loot looked really interesting but until these issues are fixed, I guess I'll have to drop it from my to-be-tested queue. 

3) I want to play with it or get some feedback. It will need some patching though so I'll have to wait until I get time for that.

4) Noted. In Skyrim, just as in real life, I often find myself staring at the stars. Nice stars/nebula/galaxy textures is highly appreciated by me. I'll check your texture recommendations when I get back to Skyrim.

5) So far it has been intense with much new terminology and concepts but it's fun. But, illustration is something I wish I could do but I guess it's harder to succeed with that.

The packs each used to have merged patches, which Dread has stopped doing for the moment, thus the instructions to merge your own patch.  I admit I always did find the 'Dreadflopps Modular Patches' page somewhat confusing.  The information is all there though.

Ok I understand what to take from the zip file and how to fix them using TES5Edit but I'm still wondering what 'STEPCore___STEP patch fix.esp' is for and if I need it. 

Again it still doesn't answer my questions about how to merge my own patch. I'm not sure if instructions after Patches and into Merging are related to each other and yes I know 2. Other mods is about installing Falskaar and Wyrmstooth but I'm not installing those. I'm also not sure if Merging has to do with installing some mods from Pack:Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance or its whole pack.

I know the instructions are somewhat confusing. The have been worse and I have made several attempts at making it clearer. English is (clearly) not my first language which unfortunately makes the instructions more confusing than they should. It should be simple.

1. Install STEP. In your case, STEP: Core

2. Install the mods you want from any of my packs + the survival pack.

3. Download my modular patches

4. Choose all relevant patches. The patch STEPCore__STEP patch fix.esp patches things that I think should be in the official STEP patch. Most of it is nitpicking. You don't need it but I recommend it. You probably won't notice any difference with or without it.

5. Follow my instructions to merge all my modular patches that you downloaded and that you choose to use. Instructions: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Dreadflopp/Merging_Plugins and https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Dreadflopp/Dreadflopps_Modular_patches#Merging

If anything still is unclear I'm happy to help. If anyone has suggestions to make the instructions better, copy-and-paste my instructions to a post and copy-and-paste the improved instructions and I'll update the guide (with credits of course).

I don't think the problem is with your english, as you use it extremely well - I would never guess it was a second language without knowing.  

I believe the issue is only with the organization of information, specifically in the beginning - Intro/Install Order/SRLE sections.  The correct information is all there, and if read carefully should tell anyone able to read it what to do.  Something about the way it's presented made me, at least, want to gloss over parts of though - at least, when I was first approaching all this.  I just read the whole page and I've got some thoughts - it's late right now and I'm gonna actually play Skyrim a bit, but I'll get back to you tomorrow if I can come up with some specifics. 

Hi again, sorry for the late reply. I've spent the past couple of days trying to decide which mods to install to my Skyrim such as High Level Enemies and Static Permazones. In the end, I decided to go with this modlist after STEP Core:

• Deadly Dragons
  • Mortal Enemies
  • Morrowloot Ultimate Simplified 
  • Ordinator 
  • Static Permazones
  • Wildcat 
 Then followed by your merge patch as instructed. After that I sorted my plugins using Loot along with putting in global priority values and later rebuilding the bashed patch as well as putting in specific bash tags per your instructions. I'm hoping to add more mods as I play and see fit. Oh and like Baronaatista said, your computer literacy is superb for someone with a second language. If you like me to give advice on how to organize the instructions then I'll be glad to help. 

If I were you and that I want to create a page based on how to install the Pack:Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance, I would rearrange the Patches instructions after Vigor MT - Apocalypse Longstride Patch and before Post-Installation Configuration instructions while fixing the LOOT rules and Bash tags instructions a bit like this:

Patches

Conflict resolution

Notice: For the time being, you need to merge your own patch using my modular patches.

Download the relevant patches from here.

If you only install some mods from the pack or if you have other packs installed, please merge your own patch with instructions found here.

Post-Installation Configuration

LOOT rules
  • Load dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp AFTER STEP Extended patch.esp
  • Load Rebirth Monster.esp after High Level Enemies - SIC.esp
  • Set global priority for RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp to 990100
  • Set global priority for RealisticWaterTwo.esp to 990200
  • Set global priority for ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp to 990400
  • Load STEP Core Patch after ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
  • Load STEP Extended Patch after ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
  • Set global priority for Dreadflopps modular patches merged.esp to 990600

Bash tags

Bash Tagging Guide
  • CCO_SIC_Patch.esp (Delev, Relev)
  • Add the bash tags names, stats, relev and delev to the Dreadflopps modular patches merged.esp using Wrye bash.

Then the rest of the instructions can be followed after such as Patchers, FNIS, Bashed patch, Dual Sheath Redux and MCM Settings etc.

You can use this reformat fix for other packs as you wish. I'll continue more on with the patch merging instructions page.

There are two things I forgot put in. First, just write saying that users should sort plugins after setting up the LOOT rules written in the guide. Second, just write saying that users should rebuild the bashed patch after setting up the bash tags written in the guide. I know it's common sense because of STEP 2.2.9.2 but sometimes people might forget and run into problems.

Here are some thoughts on the Dreadflopps Modular Patches page, as that's where I feel most of the confusion is coming from.  It's mostly re-wording sentences a bit, and adding small bits of explanation that I feel might help.  The balance is not explaining too much, so that the explanation itself becomes confusing.  I'm not certain I've attained that, or even that everything I've said is exactly correct but I think some of this should clarify things.

Introduction

I provide modular patches for the mods that I use in my personal setup which includes STEP, parts of SRLE, all of my packs + Survival pack by Hishutup + many other mods, as well as versions of those patches for STEP:Core + Extended.  In order to use the SRLE patches you will need to make some alterations to your SRLE install, and add some mods from STEP:Extended - this is my install; for more information on my setup see 'Dreadflopps Install' section below.

STEP: Core or Extended

Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition

Pack:Dovahkiin Reborn

Pack:Survival

Pack:Deleveled Loot

Pack:Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance

Install Order

You should follow the install order outlined in STEP or SRLE, depending on which guide you use.  Install the packs after your STEP/SRLE install, but before the patches/patchers section(s).  

The mods from my packs should be installed as outlined on their pages; the install order of the packs in relation to one another doesn't matter.  

Mods from the packs or STEP/SRLE that overlap should usually remain in their position laid out in the corresponding guide.  It may be useful to re-install these mods as a new mod if changes are made to the installation of said mod, with a name fit to the profile.  This preserves easy switching between Profiles in MO.

If you are unsure, check the 'conflicts' tab in MO for the mod in question and see what is overwriting it / what it is overwriting. Ask questions on the forums if you are still unsure.

SRLE

Any or all of the supported packs + additional mods can be used in conjunction with SRLE, provided you make some alterations to your SRLE install, adding some mods from STEP and removing parts of SRLE covered by the STEP patch.  Alternatively, it is also possible to add some mods from SRLE to a full STEP:Core or Extended install.  Either way, the result is a combined STEP/SRLE profile, with any or all of the mods from my packs.

Add SRLE mods to STEP

You can use essentially any SRLE mods with your STEP:Core or Extended install, but you need to be careful if installing an SRLE mod that changes the same things as a mod in STEP; a prime example of this is RS Children.  If installing RS Children, you must deactivate New Children and Non-Essential Children from STEP.  Likewise, if using XPMSE from SRLE, you must deactiviate XPMS (XP32 Maximum Skeleton) from STEP.

Add STEP mods to SRLE

To use SRLE instead of STEP with my packs and patches, you must first make some changes to your SRLE install:

Realistic Ragdolls and Force - Install but hide the plugin

When installing even better quest objectives, leave out the following patches:

BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp

BetterQuestObjective-CuttingRoomFloor.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp

The conflict resolution patch

After installing Enhanced lighting for ENB following the SR:LE guide, rename it's plugin:

ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite.esp -> ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

The following mods needs to be installed with different options than in the SR:LE guide:

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul

- The Cutting Room Floor patch and the ELE patch are not needed with STEP 2.2.9.2+

RS Children

- Choose to install the Non-Essential children from the main installer and include it in the merge.

The following mods from the STEP guide should be added on top of your SR:LE install:

Explosive bolts visualized

Hide the following textures from the SR:LE mod EotW The Dawnguard Textures Remastered:

/textures/dlc01/weapons/crossbow/bolt_n.dds

/textures/dlc01/weapons/crossbow/bolt.dds

Consistent Older people

Invisibility Glitch - Eyes fix

Animated Weapon Enchants

Smooth blades draws and sheath

Hearthfire Expanded

NARC

Not so fast - main quest

Elemental Staffs

STEP Extended patch

The STEP Extended patch is the plugin from the STEP Compilation named STEP Extended.esp. You should not install the textures from the STEP Compilation.

LOOT rules

Delete the following LOOT rules IF you use my pack Deleveled loot:

Complete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp - Load After ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite.esp

Relighting Skyrim, ELFX and Lanterns of Skyrim

The choice is yours: 

Do it the STEP way:

Relighting Skyrim

Lanterns of Skyrim

LoS is optional but recommended, it has no conflict and needs no patches

Do it the SR:LE way:

Enhanced Lights and FX

Use my patches. The ELFX Exteriors module and Enhanced lighting for ENB (ELE) are both required

Relighting Skyrim

The custom version from the SR:LE guide. Do not use my Relighting Skyrim patches, they are not for this version

Don't do it:

Choose neither and go with vanilla lighting

If you use Vividian ENB, choose to use/not use Lanterns of Skyrim when installing it. 

'If you use Realistic Room Rental with Relighting Skyrim (not the custom SR:LE version), check here.

SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn 

SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn is an addon or a pack for SRLE by Darth_mathias. It is an excellent pack that adds many mods on top of SRLE in many different areas, some areas where I haven't added any mods in my packs like quest mods or companion mods. It also adds mods that alters the looks of NPCs, it expands towns, it adds new items and retextures many aspects of the game. SRLE adds mods in all areas that I do in my packs and many of the mods that are in my packs are also in SRLE or SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn. If you want to add the mods that are in SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn but not in my packs, my recommendation is to skip my packs and use SRLE Extended instead. Darth_Mattias provides a patch for Morrowloot Unlimited and with that added you won't miss out on anything essential by using SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn instead of my packs.

I think color coding the sections might visually integrate them a bit better, and make it easier for users to group relevant information, and find what they're looking for if they're skimming.  

I fully intend to cover the Patches section as well (if you find this useful), but this is what I've got for now.

Edited by baronaatista

Dammit, guess my editing time ran out there.  This one is better.

Introduction

I provide modular patches for the mods that I use in my personal setup which includes STEP, parts of SRLE, all of my packs + Survival pack by Hishutup + many other mods, as well as versions of those patches for STEP:Core + Extended.  In order to use the SRLE patches you will need to make some alterations to your SRLE install, and add some mods from STEP:Extended - this is my install; for more information on my setup see 'Dreadflopps Install' section below.

Install Order
You should follow the install order outlined in STEP or SRLE, depending on which guide you use.  Install the packs after your STEP/SRLE install, but before the 2.N. Patches (STEP) / 5.2 Conflict Resolution (SRLE) section(s).  

The mods from my packs should be installed as outlined on their pages; the install order of the packs in relation to one another doesn't matter.  

Mods from the packs or STEP/SRLE that overlap should usually remain in their position laid out in the corresponding guide.  It may be useful to re-install these mods as a new mod if changes are made to the installation of said mod, with a name fit to the profile.  This preserves easy switching between Profiles in MO.

If you are unsure, check the 'conflicts' tab in MO for the mod in question and see what is overwriting it / what it is overwriting. Ask questions on the forums if you are still unsure.

SRLE
Any or all of the supported packs + additional mods can be used in conjunction with SRLE, provided you make some alterations to your SRLE install, adding some mods from STEP and removing parts of SRLE covered by the STEP patch.  Alternatively, it is also possible to add some mods from SRLE to a full STEP:Core or Extended install.  Either way, the result is a combined STEP/SRLE profile, with any or all of the mods from my packs.

Add SRLE mods to STEP
You can use essentially any SRLE mods with your STEP:Core or Extended install, but you need to be careful if installing an SRLE mod that changes the same things as a mod in STEP; a prime example of this is RS Children.  If installing RS Children, you must deactivate New Children and Non-Essential Children from STEP.  Likewise, if using XPMSE from SRLE, you must deactiviate XPMS (XP32 Maximum Skeleton) from STEP.

Add STEP mods to SRLE
To use SRLE instead of STEP with my packs and patches, you must first make some changes to your SRLE install:

Realistic Ragdolls and Force - Install but hide the plugin

Even Better Quest Objectives - Leave out the following patches:

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul - Leave out the following patches:  
Immersive Citizens - ELE patch.esp

SRLE Conflict Resolution Patch - Do not install.

After installing Enhanced lighting for ENB following the SR:LE guide, rename it's plugin:

The following mod(s) needs to be installed with different options than in the SR:LE guide:

RS Children
 - Choose to install the Non-Essential children from the main installer and include it in the merge.

The following mods from the STEP guide should be added on top of your SR:LE install:

Hide the following textures from the SR:LE mod EotW The Dawnguard Textures Remastered:
Consistent Older people
Animated Weapon Enchants
Hearthfire Expanded
NARC
Not so fast - main quest
Elemental Staffs
STEP Extended patch
* The STEP Extended patch is the plugin from the STEP Compilation named STEP Extended.esp. You should not install the textures from the STEP Compilation.

LOOT rules

Complete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp - Load After ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite.esp

The choice is yours: 

Do it the STEP way:

Relighting Skyrim
Lanterns of Skyrim

Enhanced Lights and FX
Use my patches. The ELFX Exteriors module and Enhanced lighting for ENB (ELE) are both required
Relighting Skyrim
The custom version from the SR:LE guide. Do not use my Relighting Skyrim patches, they are not for this version

Don't do it:

If you use Vividian ENB, choose to use/not use Lanterns of Skyrim when installing it. 

'If you use Realistic Room Rental with Relighting Skyrim (not the custom SR:LE version), check here.

SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn is an addon or a pack for SRLE by Darth_mathias. It is an excellent pack that adds many mods on top of SRLE in many different areas, some areas where I haven't added any mods in my packs like quest mods or companion mods. It also adds mods that alters the looks of NPCs, it expands towns, it adds new items and retextures many aspects of the game. SRLE adds mods in all areas that I do in my packs and many of the mods that are in my packs are also in SRLE or SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn. If you want to add the mods that are in SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn but not in my packs, my recommendation is to skip my packs and use SRLE Extended instead. Darth_Mattias provides a patch for Morrowloot Unlimited and with that added you won't miss out on anything essential by using SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn instead of my packs.

Patches

All patches can be found here. 

There are several files in the download folder. Download Dreadflopps modular patches. 

Instructions

There are two folders found in the patch: 

1. Patches for Dreadflopps packs + Survival by Smile44

Notice:My patches will no longer have ELE (Enhanced lighting for ENB) as an optional, it will be a requirement from now on.

This folder contains 3 subfolders. They all require ELE to be installed.

- Install all patches from the subfolder that matches your base game install (STEP: Core, STEP: Extended or SR:LE). 

* Note that, as mentioned before, if you have STEP: Extended installed and have added any mod from SR:LE that has a patch in the SR:LE folder, use those patches instead of the STEP: Extended patches. 

- Hide or remove the patches that are for mods that you do not use.

If you use TTRSO Light armor, some patches may need to be manually fixed because of renumbering during the merge of TTRSO causing the patches to fail:

• Open TTR_Skill_OVerhaul.esp and STEPCore___TTRSO Light armor.esp TES5Edit (if you use STEPExt or SRLE, open the corresponding patch that you use instead)
  • Expand TTR_Skill_OVerhaul.esp/Perk/00051B17
  • Drag Conditions/Condition/CTDA-/Perk (Finesse "Finesse" [PERK:xxxxxx]) from TTR_Skill_Overhaul.esp to STEPCore___TTRSO Light armor.esp
  • Close the window and choose to save STEPCore___TTRSO Light armor.esp
If you use TTRSO Light armor and Stealth skills rebalanced, some patches may need to be manually fixed because of renumbering during the merge of TTRSO causing the patches to fail:

• Open TTR_Skill_Overhaul.esp and STEPCore___Stealth Skills Rebalanced__TTRSO Light armor.esp TES5Edit (if you use STEPExt or SRLE, open the corresponding patch that you use instead)
  • Expand TTR_Skill_Overhaul.esp/Perk/00051B1C
  • Check that the Conditions/Condition/CTDA-/Perk entries are forwarded correctly from TTR_Skill_Overhaul.esp to STEPCore___Stealth Skills Rebalanced__TTRSO Light armor.esp. See the simplified scrrenshot:
  •  Skärmklipp 2016-02-04 23.59.51.jpg
  • If they are not, drag the perks from TTR_Skill_Overhaul.esp to STEPCore___Stealth Skills Rebalanced__TTRSO Light armor.esp
  • Close the window and choose to save STEPCore___Stealth Skills Rebalanced__TTRSO Light armor.esp
2. Other mods

These mods are compatible with both SR:LE as well as with STEP if you use my patches. They require ELE. If you intend to use Falskaar and Wyrmstooth, install them now. Reinstall Realistic Water Two (RW2), Farmhouse Chimneys, Skyfalls + Skymills and Enhanced Lighting for ENB (ELE) with the following settings:

Realistic Water Two

[Expand] FOMOD Instructions

Farmhouse Chimneys

Choose to install all relevant patches. There is no need to install any patch for CRF sine that is included in the STEP patch.

Skyfalls + Skymills

Choose to install all relevant patches.

Enhanced Lighting for ENB

:Download the main file called ELE_Lite_v0_95b_Only IL - NMM_BAIN. In the fomod installer, choose Legendary + Falskaar + Wyrmstooth. After installation, rename the plugin to ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Install all patches from 2. Other mods. Hide or delete all patches that are for mods that you do not use. 

Merging

To save plugin slots and to make sure the load order between the patches doesn't get messed up it is recommended to merge all of my plugins. Use these instructions to merge the patches.

Make sure my plugins are sorted in alphabetical order. Name the merged plugin "Dreadflopps modular patches merged.esp" and the new mod Dreadflopps modular patches merged.

Load order

LOOT Rules:

Dreadflopps modular patches merged.esp - Set global priority 990600

Bash tags:

Add the bash tags names, stats, relev and delev to the merged patch using Wrye bash.

I'm realizing right now that I didn't follow your instructions for how to help lol.  My intention was to do a lot of small tweaks though, wouldn't really have been practical to do a comparison for every one?  Anyway I hope this is helpful, and if there is anything I can do to put this into some kind of form that is more usable I'm happy to do so.

Also just wondering about the necessity for RWT/ELE/Farmhouse Chimneys info being in the 2.Other Mods section...  seems like it fits more sensibly into the part about adapting STEP/SRLE installs.

Continuing on with Dreadflopp's Modular Patches page...

Dreadflopp's Modular Patches

Introduction

With these patches you will have compatibility between:

Merging your own patch

Separate instructions for those trying to merge their own patch. Please pick the one of the links below that best fits your intentions:

Changelog

• 16-08-01 Patches updated (all Imperious/Disparity patches)
  • 16-07-26 LOOT rule update. Patches updated.
  • 16-06-01 Patches updated: renamed the Animal tweaks patches to allow them to be sorted later in the patch order.
  • 16-05-24 Patches updated
  • 16-05-17 Updated my STEP patch fixes with new changes from ICAIO. Decided that ELE will be a requirement for using my patches and added a note about it.
  • 16-05-02 Patches updated
  • 16-04-30 Added a note to not use the Burn freeze shock effect plugin if you have lag. Added my personal install...
  • 16-03-28 Added RS Children instructions + instructions to remove a LOOT rule
  • 16-03-21 RotE - MLU patch updated
  • 16-03-18 Lots of patches updated
  • 16-03-13 CACO patches updated. Some CACO patches have been removed. OBIS patch updated.
  • 16-03-11 Ordinator patch updated. Other mods patches added.
  • 16-02-27 Patches updated
  • 16-02-27 Added BetterDGEntrance.esp LOOT rule
  • 16-02-24 Added Elemental Staffs to the SRLE requirements list
  • 16-02-22 Added a SRLE:EE warning to not use city mods
  • 16-02-22 Deadly Dragons patches updated
  • 16-02-21 Patches updated.
  • 16-02-19 pATCHES UPDATED. aDDED CACO-HUNTERBORN-CAMPFIRE PATCH
  • 16-02-10 Added instructions for mods that needs to be reinstalled if you use Wyrmstooth/Falskaar
  • 16-02-10 Added relev bash tag to the merged patch
  • 16-02-10 RotE patches updated
  • 16-02-09 Ordinator patches updated/added.
  • 16-02-05 TTRSO patches updated. Updated instructions to fix TTRSO patches.
  • 16-01-24
  • 16-01-18 Patches updated
  • 15-12-24 Patches updated
  • 15-12-15 Updated incorrect patch instructions for mature skin users
  • 15-12-06 Updated patches

That's what the whole page "Dreadflopps Modular Patches" should look like. The lists under Merging your own patch should be links that each lead to a page with specific instructions required to create your own custom patch merging. I may not know too much about how to install "Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition" pack but I can try to give an example of a page below if one decides to for example, click the link "Pack:Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance" under Merging your own patch.

Merging Patches for Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance

1. In Mod Organizer, install the zip file Dreadflopps modular patches.7z that you downloaded under Patches

2. Open 1. Patches for Dreadflopps packs + Survival by Smile44 folder

3. Choose STEP Core or STEP Extended folder

4. Set data directory for whichever folder you chose

5. The following files should be used, so either hide the rest with Mod Organizer in the Filetree or Data tab after install or remove the rest from the mod package. For example, in STEP Core folder:

STEP Core___STEP patch fix.esp

STEP Core_Deadly Dragons.esp

STEP Core_Dragon Combat Overhaul.esp if installed for Hardcore

STEP Core_Immersive Patrols.esp

STEP Core_Immersive Potions.esp

STEP Core_OBIS.esp

STEP Core_SIC.esp

STEP Core_SIC_ELE.esp

STEP Core_xSTEP forward (installed by everyone).esp

6. To save plugin slots and to make sure the load order between the patches doesn't get messed up it is recommended to merge all of my plugins. Use these instructions to merge the patches. Make sure my plugins are sorted in alphabetical order. Name the merged plugin "Dreadflopps modular patches merged.esp" and the new mod Dreadflopps modular patches merged.

I'll admit that I couldn't find the STEP Core version of this patch for both High Level Enemies(or the SIC edition) and Ammunition fix(if chosen) from Weapons and Armor Attributes otherwise I would have included it there. Again, what I have shown above is a page example loaded after clicking the link "Pack:Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance" under Merging your own patch. You can also use this reformat fix for the other pages with links under Merging your own patch as you see fit.

Although if I were to install the whole "Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance" pack, what do you mean when the notice says,"Weapons and Armors Attributes should be installed later (which means lower in the left hand menu of MO) than ASIS."? Are you saying it should look like this when installing for STEP Core below?

Bashed Patch.esp

ASIS-Dependency.esp

ASIS.esp

Weapons and Armor Attributes.esp

Edited by Modhorde

@Modhorde - no disrespect, but I don't see the issue with the individual pack pages.  They are laid out correctly and the information is all there - I never had any problem understanding what to do with them.  And I certainly don't think it's necessary to create an individual page detailing the specifics of how to merge your own patch for each pack.  As mentioned earlier, Dreadflopp used to provide a merged patch for each pack in addition to the modular patches so users could have a nice easy time and use the whole pack or have to go through a little more effort and make their own merged patch if they wanted to be choosy.  The reason he no longer does this is because he's busy with real life - and you are telling him he needs to do considerably more work for what is a temporary situation (I believe the intention is to once again provide said merged patches once he has more free time).  Plus, everything you need to know to do this is already explained in detail on the 'Dreadflopps Modular Patches' page - it just needs to be read carefully.  A common theme you will find with more advanced guides such as this.

Although if I were to install the whole "Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance" pack, what do you mean when the notice says,"Weapons and Armors Attributes should be installed later (which means lower in the left hand menu of MO) than ASIS."? Are you saying it should look like this when installing for STEP Core below?

Bashed Patch.esp

ASIS-Dependency.esp

ASIS.esp

Weapons and Armor Attributes.esp

"Weapons and Armors Attributes should be installed later (which means lower in the left hand menu of MO) than ASIS."

So in the left hand pane of MO, NOT the plugins.

In addition, because of the modular patches, the possible combinations for what a user could have to merge are endless - thus the necessity for the over-arching, more general instructions that are provided.  This guy already does a ton of work providing and updating the patches and the pack pages - remember that he is doing all of this on his own time, for free, so that you can have a cool setup for much, much less time and effort than it would take for you to figure out how to do this all on your own. 

Edited by baronaatista

@baronaatista - In my opinion, I think it's necessary to make those pages. Yes, the information is all there when I looked closer after asking you and Dreadflopps but the first time I tried looking for the patches I couldn't find the ones required by the LOOT rules and when looking for instructions to merge the patch in the modular page, everything written there was all over the place that I have a hard time finding what I need. I couldn't tell if this one is part of SR:LE or none at all. I had to read more than once to understand what's going on to no avail. It may be a lot of work to improve but it's worth it anyway. If I were in his shoes, I would've done that. I'm not saying it's his fault for not trying to clarify his instructions as I can see that he's busy in real life. I'd rather put in more work than have people ask me many questions in my forum thread in regards to the instructions. I would rather answer the less predictable questions.

From there, it is in the hands and responsibility of the user to install his pack properly should he choose to deviate from my instructions I have say, spent couple of months making. I'm only trying to send these suggestions because he kindly asked us to do so. You said one yourself that following the instructions to merge your own patch was somewhat confusing at first right? But now you understand after a couple minutes or more. I feel that if Dreadflopps used my suggestions, it will take less time for one user to understand the newer instructions because he/she doesn't have to scroll over the entire page just to find what their looking for. In the eyes of a normal user reading Dreadflopps current instructions for merging patches, it will probably confuse him too much that he'd feel too discouraged to continue following through the steps. He might even forget about installing it altogether. Sure he could ask in the forums for some help but what if the author never responds because he's too busy or doesn't care anymore? Yes you'll say that this kind of hand holding is unnecessary but asking questions in a forum because of lack of clarifications is much worse than hand holding. The kind of saying I usually remember is "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Even if Dreadflopps can't spare enough time and effort to use my suggestions, us having a conversation in this forum thread in regards to the modular patches is enough that users reading this will understand what's going on and that they'll at least know what to do when installing one of the STEP packs. I believe the source of the confusion on the modular patch page and the packs themselves is a combination of absence, slightly outdated information, slight forgetfulness and lack of organization. It seems Dreadflopps is in the middle of updating packs written by predecessors such as Garfink for Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance pack but stopped every now and then. From there, we could say that there's nothing we could do about it except wait while we send suggestions to him and let him capitalize on them as he wishes. Even if the Modular patches are temporary, I'm sure he'll try to make good use of our suggestions for the next updates of his pack if he has time of course. Again, I don't blame Dreadflopps for not being clear enough in his instructions or not having enough time to work on the packs. In fact, I'm just a guy who had to speak up because no one else did. If not for me, someone else later would have done it.

Speaking of suggestions, I'm reading yours right now. It seems you've made some tweaks but it's still the same as the current version.

Introduction

Install Order
You should follow the install order outlined in STEP or SRLE, depending on which guide you use.  Install the packs after your STEP/SRLE install, but before the 2.N. Patches (STEP) / 5.2 Conflict Resolution (SRLE) section(s).  

SRLE

Add SRLE mods to STEP

Add STEP mods to SRLE

Realistic Ragdolls and Force - Install but hide the plugin

Even Better Quest Objectives - Leave out the following patches:

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul - Leave out the following patches:  
Immersive Citizens - ELE patch.esp

SRLE Conflict Resolution Patch - Do not install.

The following mod(s) needs to be installed with different options than in the SR:LE guide:

RS Children

Consistent Older people
Animated Weapon Enchants
Hearthfire Expanded
NARC
Not so fast - main quest
Elemental Staffs
STEP Extended patch
* The STEP Extended patch is the plugin from the STEP Compilation named STEP Extended.esp. You should not install the textures from the STEP Compilation.

LOOT rules

The choice is yours: 

Do it the STEP way:

Relighting Skyrim
Lanterns of Skyrim

Enhanced Lights and FX
Relighting Skyrim

Don't do it:

Patches

All patches can be found here. 

There are several files in the download folder. Download Dreadflopps modular patches. 

Instructions
There are two folders found in the patch: 

1. Patches for Dreadflopps packs + Survival by Smile44

Notice:My patches will no longer have ELE (Enhanced lighting for ENB) as an optional, it will be a requirement from now on.

This folder contains 3 subfolders. They all require ELE to be installed.

- Install all patches from the subfolder that matches your base game install (STEP: Core, STEP: Extended or SR:LE). 
* Note that, as mentioned before, if you have STEP: Extended installed and have added any mod from SR:LE that has a patch in the SR:LE folder, use those patches instead of the STEP: Extended patches. 
 - Hide or remove the patches that are for mods that you do not use.

If you use TTRSO Light armor, some patches may need to be manually fixed because of renumbering during the merge of TTRSO causing the patches to fail:
  • Open TTR_Skill_OVerhaul.esp and STEPCore___TTRSO Light armor.esp TES5Edit (if you use STEPExt or SRLE, open the corresponding patch that you use instead)
  • Drag Conditions/Condition/CTDA-/Perk (Finesse "Finesse" [PERK:xxxxxx]) from TTR_Skill_Overhaul.esp to STEPCore___TTRSO Light armor.esp
If you use TTRSO Light armor and Stealth skills rebalanced, some patches may need to be manually fixed because of renumbering during the merge of TTRSO causing the patches to fail:
  • Open TTR_Skill_Overhaul.esp and STEPCore___Stealth Skills Rebalanced__TTRSO Light armor.esp TES5Edit (if you use STEPExt or SRLE, open the corresponding patch that you use instead)
  • Check that the Conditions/Condition/CTDA-/Perk entries are forwarded correctly from TTR_Skill_Overhaul.esp to STEPCore___Stealth Skills Rebalanced__TTRSO Light armor.esp. See the simplified scrrenshot:
  •  Skärmklipp 2016-02-04 23.59.51.jpg
  • If they are not, drag the perks from TTR_Skill_Overhaul.esp to STEPCore___Stealth Skills Rebalanced__TTRSO Light armor.esp
  • Close the window and choose to save STEPCore___Stealth Skills Rebalanced__TTRSO Light armor.esp
2. Other mods

These mods are compatible with both SR:LE as well as with STEP if you use my patches. They require ELE. If you intend to use Falskaar and Wyrmstooth, install them now. Reinstall Realistic Water Two (RW2), Farmhouse Chimneys, Skyfalls + Skymills and Enhanced Lighting for ENB (ELE) with the following settings:

Realistic Water Two
 [Expand] FOMOD Instructions

Farmhouse Chimneys
Choose to install all relevant patches. There is no need to install any patch for CRF sine that is included in the STEP patch.
Skyfalls + Skymills
Choose to install all relevant patches.

Enhanced Lighting for ENB
:Download the main file called ELE_Lite_v0_95b_Only IL - NMM_BAIN. In the fomod installer, choose Legendary + Falskaar + Wyrmstooth. After installation, rename the plugin to ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp

Install all patches from 2. Other mods. Hide or delete all patches that are for mods that you do not use. 

Merging

To save plugin slots and to make sure the load order between the patches doesn't get messed up it is recommended to merge all of my plugins. Use these instructions to merge the patches.
Make sure my plugins are sorted in alphabetical order. Name the merged plugin "Dreadflopps modular patches merged.esp" and the new mod Dreadflopps modular patches merged.

Load order

LOOT Rules:

Dreadflopps modular patches merged.esp - Set global priority 990600

Bash tags:

Add the bash tags names, stats, relev and delev to the merged patch using Wrye bash.

Although I haven't installed the SR:LE pack so forgive me if I seem a bit biased because of that but that whole information above could easily be put in a page and specifically in Installing more than one pack or all of them under Merging your own patch. Maybe it's more fitting for it to stay there than out in the open in the modular patches page. I get that the purpose of his modular patches is to provide compatibility with all packs including SR:LE, STEP or both but I still feel my suggestion is necessary for this. If only the information under Patches above made mention about the packs, it would've made sense for me. The way I'm seeing it is that it assumes I'm trying to install every pack+SR:LE/STEP. Everything here in this page seems involving while there's nothing I'm trying to look for at the same time.

As for 2. Other mods, it's like the information popped out of nowhere and I got stuck wondering if it's related or not. Yes I understand that it's for instructions on how to reinstall the mods below it to create compatibility for Falskaar and Wyrmstooth. Overall, the best way to describe everything I saw in the page is that it's like watching a certain tv show only for a completely different and unrelated tv show to come up afterwards without a proper conclusion to the previous one. The tv show I was watching before would be the pack page I was reading until the instructions under Patches while this completely different and unrelated tv show would happen to be the modular patches page I read next as I continue to peer my eyes on the tv to see what happens next during the show before my surprise. While saying all this, I'm referring to both the original version and your tweak version since their format is the same. Sorry if this makes you disagree otherwise.

What I understand now after speaking to both you and Dreadflopps is that the zip file I downloaded contained patches made by him to provide flexibility between mods and between packs. The file 'STEP Core - SGR Casual.esp' under the LOOT rules never existed the first time I saw it and that the zip file I have now is meant to be a replacement for that. Only that I have to choose the patches and that there are instructions provided for it even though it wasn't very clear. The pack page was very good until the LOOT rules and Patches.

This one below is slightly modified to avoid redundancy and serve as a temporary guide for using the modular patches until updated.

Dreadflopp's Modular Patches

Introduction

With these patches you will have compatibility between:

Merging your own patch

Separate instructions for those trying to merge their own patch. Please pick the one of the links below that best fits your intentions:

Changelog

• 16-08-01 Patches updated (all Imperious/Disparity patches)
  • 16-07-26 LOOT rule update. Patches updated.
  • 16-06-01 Patches updated: renamed the Animal tweaks patches to allow them to be sorted later in the patch order.
  • 16-05-24 Patches updated
  • 16-05-17 Updated my STEP patch fixes with new changes from ICAIO. Decided that ELE will be a requirement for using my patches and added a note about it.
  • 16-05-02 Patches updated
  • 16-04-30 Added a note to not use the Burn freeze shock effect plugin if you have lag. Added my personal install...
  • 16-03-28 Added RS Children instructions + instructions to remove a LOOT rule
  • 16-03-21 RotE - MLU patch updated
  • 16-03-18 Lots of patches updated
  • 16-03-13 CACO patches updated. Some CACO patches have been removed. OBIS patch updated.
  • 16-03-11 Ordinator patch updated. Other mods patches added.
  • 16-02-27 Patches updated
  • 16-02-27 Added BetterDGEntrance.esp LOOT rule
  • 16-02-24 Added Elemental Staffs to the SRLE requirements list
  • 16-02-22 Added a SRLE:EE warning to not use city mods
  • 16-02-22 Deadly Dragons patches updated
  • 16-02-21 Patches updated.
  • 16-02-19 pATCHES UPDATED. aDDED CACO-HUNTERBORN-CAMPFIRE PATCH
  • 16-02-10 Added instructions for mods that needs to be reinstalled if you use Wyrmstooth/Falskaar
  • 16-02-10 Added relev bash tag to the merged patch
  • 16-02-10 RotE patches updated
  • 16-02-09 Ordinator patches updated/added.
  • 16-02-05 TTRSO patches updated. Updated instructions to fix TTRSO patches.
  • 16-01-24
  • 16-01-18 Patches updated
  • 15-12-24 Patches updated
  • 15-12-15 Updated incorrect patch instructions for mature skin users
  • 15-12-06 Updated patches

Below is an example page loaded for the link Installing a single pack only under Merging your own patch

Installing a single pack only

Installing the patches

In the past, each of the packs used to have their own singular patch to reach compatibility similar to STEP's. Instead, the Dreadflopps modular patches.7z file you have downloaded contains several unmerged patches.

You will find the relevant unmerged patches under the 1. Patches for Dreadflopps packs + Survival by Smile44 folder. From there, you must choose the patches for the mods you've installed for a pack from either the STEP Core or STEP Extended folder depending on your STEP setup.

While doing so, I recommend you always take the following esp files with '___STEP patch fix.esp' and '_xSTEP forward (installed by everyone).esp' from either of the two folders regardless of what pack you decide to install. You should also take the patches for your mods that require 'ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp' as a master. So look for esp files with 'ELE' to it in either of the two folders. The same applies if you wish to install some mods from a pack or more instead of everything that each pack itself recommends only. The patches in the Skyrim Revisited Legendary Edition folder should be left alone unless following the instructions for Installing more than one pack or all of them under Merging your own patch.

For example, if you wish to install the Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance pack for your STEP Core, you will look under the STEP Core folder(set data directory on this folder if using Mod Organizer) and install the following patches below specifically for this pack:

STEPCore___STEP patch fix.esp

STEPCore_Deadly Dragons.esp

STEPCore_Dragon Combat Overhaul.esp if installed for Hardcore

STEPCore_Immersive Patrols.esp

STEPCore_Immersive Potions.esp

STEPCore_OBIS.esp

STEPCore_SIC.esp

STEPCore_SIC_ELE.esp

STEPCore_xSTEP forward (installed by everyone).esp

If your setup is a STEP Extended instead, look under the STEP Extended folder(set data directory on this folder if using Mod Organizer) and install the following patches below:

STEPExt___STEP patch fix.esp

STEPExt_Deadly Dragons.esp

STEPExt_Dragon Combat Overhaul.esp if installed for Hardcore

STEPExt_Immersive Patrols.esp

STEPExt_Immersive Potions.esp

STEPExt_OBIS.esp

STEPExt_SIC.esp

STEPExt_SIC_ELE.esp

STEPExt_xSTEP forward (installed by everyone).esp

The same can be done for any other pack you choose as long as you use the patches your pack's mods require. However, never install other patches not related to your pack's mods unless following the instructions for Installing more than one pack or all of them under Merging your own patch or the ones under Installing some mods from one of the packs only below. In Mod Organizer, simply hide or delete the patches you don't need.

Installing some mods from one of the packs only

If you wish to install some mods from a pack or more instead of everything that each pack itself recommends mentioned above, just make sure to use the patches for the required mods you've picked in a pack or more while following the chosen mods' loot rules and bash tags written in their respective pack page.

NOTICE!

• Check that the Conditions/Condition/CTDA-/Perk entries are forwarded correctly from TTR_Skill_Overhaul.esp to STEPCore___Stealth Skills Rebalanced__TTRSO Light armor.esp. See the simplified screenshot below:
    120px-Sk%C3%A4rmklipp_2016-02-04_23.59.5

Merging the patches

Whether you chose to install patches for a whole pack or some of it comes the process of merging. As I have said before, each of the packs used to have their own singular patch to reach compatibility similar to STEP's. Instead of leaving the patches you've installed as they are while taking up plugin slots and running the risk of messing up the load order between them, it is recommended to merge all of my plugins. Use these instructions to merge the patches. Make sure my plugins are sorted in alphabetical order. Name the merged plugin "Dreadflopps modular patches merged.esp" and the new mod Dreadflopps modular patches merged. Once done, return to your page of your pack and continue its instructions under Post-Installation Configuration.

Hopefully the example above is more satisfying than the previous if this is meant to reduce work load and again serve as a temporary guide for using the modular patches until updated. Even after, you might still think that there's nothing wrong with instructions and that they're laid out correctly. I agree that the information is there, just not directly and properly...In fact, some information is missing to understand another information present there. Like I said, the source of the confusion on the modular patch page and the packs themselves is a combination of absence, slightly outdated information, slight forgetfulness and lack of organization. Even Dreadflopps himself admits that the instructions are confusing for the reasons I mentioned above. I don't know about you and what ability you possess in life but I do things systematically especially if I'm an author of a pack. If I am so, I would write guides not just for few guys like you but for at least everyone. Sure, you yourself is able to figure out the packs and patch merging and that's cool but not everyone can see the same as you do so you have to keep that in mind especially if you're the author of a pack. The guide for installing STEP 2.2.9.2 exceeds my expectations when it comes to the quality of instructions that all I have to do is read something twice and carefully if I don't understand one of the parts and yet I've already installed it long ago. Again even if Dreadflopps won't make any changes at the moment, someone confused about the modular patches will come to this thread and understand what to do after reading.

I'm not demanding to Dreadflopps that he should choose my suggestions over everyone's and improve the pages immediately as you thought so I don't know why you're speaking for him when it's up to him to do what he likes. After speaking to both of you, I realized what's going on with Dreadflopps situation and again I don't blame him for having me resort to asking here in this thread. It's not like I'm one of those keyboard warrior brats with shorter impulses you see in most social medias including Nexus. I think Dreadflopps is smarter than us in terms of modding, compatibility and testing despite the flaws he thinks he has and the flaws we see in his packs and I thank him for using his abilities to help us out. Again I posted a few suggestions because Dreadflopps kindly asked us to do so. I'm just doing those in order to help out Dreadflopps and at least the STEP community as a whole.