Dreadflopps Modular patches

Dreadflopps, I forgot to mention that the modular patches zip file required for installing the Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance is missing the STEP Core version of these patches for High Level Enemies(or the SIC edition) and ammunition fix for the Weapons and Armor attributes.

I'm just asking since I see 'STEPExt_High Level Enemies.esp' and 'STEPExt_WAA Ammo Fix_Explosive Bolts_USLEEP.esp' in the STEP Extended folder but not the ones in the STEP Core folder. I'm not sure if it's intentional or that if you almost forgot about it. I thought I could point that out in case someone else asks.

Although STEP mentioned that we have to create new characters for either Core or Extended, does the same apply for one of the packs installed or all? I know I'm making a new character myself at the moment but I'm just curious.

And thanks for the help so far.

Another thing I'm hoping to ask as well, while I was merging patches which had Morrowloot Simplied included, I had to check errors before merging. During so, Merge Plugins found an error in the aMidianborn Content Add-on patch for Morrowloot Simplified. What I did is to get Merge Plugins to fix the errors in that plugin and build the merge afterwards when it's green. I'm wondering if that's okay since the merging instructions didn't mention about if one of the plugins have errors and what to do about it.

Edited by Modhorde

Its obviously Dread's decision about what to do (if anything) about the Modular Patches page.  That being said, I think you're missing the point.  The modular patches cover much more than just the packs, and are specifically designed to allow users a high degree of customization of their install.  The potential different variations on which patches to include are almost endless, and it's simply not possible to account for even a significant portion of them.  In addition, in my experience, no matter how clear or precise the instructions, confusion and questions will always happen, regardless.

And the information is really not all that confusing or all over the place.  Again I think a couple small tweaks accomplishes everything necessary.  

If you continue to build on your install and work your way perhaps into SRLE or SRLE Extended LOTD, or find yourself desiring to mod Fallout: New Vegas, 3 or 4.  You will find guides of similar (most of them of much greater) complexity than what is happening here, and your success with said guides - or any modding you might want do outside of a guide will depend heavily on your ability to read and re-read information until you understand it.  The people that do this stuff are pretty serious about it, and I find the best mindset when approaching any set of instructions is that - not understanding is your fault.  Keep reading until you do.  That's not to say don't ask questions, or that you will never come across incorrect/outdated instructions.  I definitely asked (and ask) my fair share of questions.  I have learned though that it really is important to make your absolute best effort to understand before you do so - and that the effort to understand will actually benefit you enormously, in that you will grow to a much deeper level of understanding of how everything works, and can begin to mess around on your own.

I can't tell you how much fun it is to be able to make your own additions - go hunt for mods on the nexus, vet said mods (I like to do google searches, check the 'posts' tab on the mod page, poke around on STEP forums for whatever I can find out about a mod I'm interested in, in terms of compatibility, stablility, polish, etc.), download them, pop open xEdit and see what they're doing, how they're working with my load order, if they need any patching, if I can figure out how to do said patching properly, and if it's all good, confidently make an addition to my own setup (or at least, begin to test said mod in my setup).  It may seem a long way away from where you're standing knowledge-wise right now, but I promise you it really isn't.  The only way to get there though is to do some reading, and to force yourself to take some responsibility for your own install.

My guess is you do not need the HLE or WAA Ammo Fix/Explosive Bolts patches for your STEP:Core install.  Not sure though and can't check as I don't have a STEP:Core install for reference.  You can check this in xEdit - I do not have the time to explain the specifics though.  There are many sources of information on this which you should be able to find with a pretty quick internet search.  Here's one.

EDIT - In short form, open xEdit, load up all your mods, wait for the 'background loader finished' message, expand your High Level Enemies .esp (not sure of specific name) and begin to expand it's sub-categories and check for conflicts.  Conflicts have to do with the 'rule of one' and... yeah, from there, you're on your own.  I've been considering creating a 'Conflict Resolution for Dummies' thread on the forums here, as I think there's some basic things that everyone should know but aren't often clearly explained outside of the technical documents, but I just barely learned this stuff myself recently and it might be prudent to understand better before I attempt to share my 'knowledge'.  

As for MUS, I can't reproduce an error with the merge, but I'm slightly confused by the sentence;

while I was merging patches which had Morrowloot Simplied included

Were you merging the MUS patches?  Or a bunch of patches which included the MUS patches?  Did you include MLU.esp in said patches?

You should only be merging the MUS patches together to be clear.  Do not include the MLU.esp, or any other patches.  Other merges are to be done separately.  Also be sure that you have sorted your patches alphabetically before merging.

Edited by baronaatista

As an example of what I'm talking about;

So I recently tried on a bandit mask in my game, and found that in 1st person, the mask was visible and blocking my vision almost completely.  I know I've read something about this issue in the past but I wasn't sure about what was going on.

Would have been pretty easy to just pop over to some forum and ask a question.  I would have likely even gotten an answer.  

Instead, I decided to do some investigating.  My first couple searches didn't turn up much.  After just a couple minutes of re-wording my search though - 'bandit mask blocks first person view skyrim' pulled up this.  A thread on the STEP forums, which details another person with the same issue, who has conveniently narrowed down at least the basic cause of the issue.  A 'solution' is even provided on that thread, but feeling somewhat unsatisfied, I decided to follow a link provided by another user on that thread, which took me to the 'posts' tab on Disparity's Nexus page.  Skimming through I find the post said user was referring to, which has a series of responses from Nexus users as well as Kryptopyr herself, and find that the 'solution' detailed on that thread is a massive overkill solution (it was suggested to delete all the first person slots from Disparity's race record) and that the correct solution is to simply remove slot 44, as that is the slot used by the masks from OBIS and Immersive Armors, the two mods I use that provide masks that use slot 44 - which will likely be included in the next update to Disparity.  Popped back in my game to confirm after making the changes and voila!  Wearing OBIS face masks and no first person obstruction.

So I was able to solve my own problem without any help, and along the way I learned multiple things about Disparity, Enhanced Camera, OBIS & IA, and a bit about xEdit and Skyrim.  I may have even given Dreadflopp a heads up there (unless I've missed something and there is a different solution for this problem, but the only other solution I read about was toggling camera position in RaceMenu so I don't think so).

I know this isn't about guides or anything, but it is about the sheer level of effort to deal with an issue/lack of understanding, which applies.  I won't even ever wear a bandit mask in Skyrim...

First of all, this is my 2:nd try on replying since windows decided to install updates and restart while I was away for 10 minutes...

Thanks to both of your for you suggestions. Modhordes suggestion on splitting the page to multiple pages are a little too time consuming for me atm but I can see the benefits from it. The pages would be less cluttered and overwhelming and information not needed would be hidden. I will still make use of your suggestions and descriptions to make my instructions clearer.

Again, thank you both so much, I can see put time into your suggestions which is really appreciated. I'll start adding your stuff to my pages as soon as I can free up some time.

I'm realizing right now that I didn't follow your instructions for how to help lol.  My intention was to do a lot of small tweaks though, wouldn't really have been practical to do a comparison for every one?  Anyway I hope this is helpful, and if there is anything I can do to put this into some kind of form that is more usable I'm happy to do so.

Also just wondering about the necessity for RWT/ELE/Farmhouse Chimneys info being in the 2.Other Mods section...  seems like it fits more sensibly into the part about adapting STEP/SRLE installs.

The RWT/ELE/Farmhouse Chimneys info is for installing Wyrmstooth and Falskaar, that's why it is in Other mods. I guess I should rename Other mods to Wyrmstooth and Falskaar.

Dammit, guess my editing time ran out there.  This one is better.

I'll use it with some modifications, not sure about the cyan color, I can see the benefits but it's not pretty :) I'll make the SR:LE instructions stick out a little more.

Dreadflopps, I forgot to mention that the modular patches zip file required for installing the Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance is missing the STEP Core version of these patches for High Level Enemies(or the SIC edition) and ammunition fix for the Weapons and Armor attributes.

I'm just asking since I see 'STEPExt_High Level Enemies.esp' and 'STEPExt_WAA Ammo Fix_Explosive Bolts_USLEEP.esp' in the STEP Extended folder but not the ones in the STEP Core folder. I'm not sure if it's intentional or that if you almost forgot about it. I thought I could point that out in case someone else asks.

Although STEP mentioned that we have to create new characters for either Core or Extended, does the same apply for one of the packs installed or all? I know I'm making a new character myself at the moment but I'm just curious.

And thanks for the help so far.

The missing Core patches are intentional. The mods that are being patch is not in STEP: Core, only in STEP: Extended.

Regarding a new character, that is hard to say and no way of knowing for sure. I could say no you don't need to start a new character as I add and remove mods all the time BUT if something goes wrong and you discover oddities and bugs or your game starts to crash, you won't know for sure if it is because you didn't start a new character.

Another thing I'm hoping to ask as well, while I was merging patches which had Morrowloot Simplied included, I had to check errors before merging. During so, Merge Plugins found an error in the aMidianborn Content Add-on patch for Morrowloot Simplified. What I did is to get Merge Plugins to fix the errors in that plugin and build the merge afterwards when it's green. I'm wondering if that's okay since the merging instructions didn't mention about if one of the plugins have errors and what to do about it.

I never had that error. I don't know what Merge Plugins does when it fixes an error. I never merge master plugins with their patches (as in I wouldn't merge MLU.esp with patches for it). I know it can be done and Darth_Mathias does it in his guide I believe but it is easier to not do it if plugin count is not that big of an issue.

So I recently tried on a bandit mask in my game, and found that in 1st person, the mask was visible and blocking my vision almost completely.  I know I've read something about this issue in the past but I wasn't sure about what was going on.

Would have been pretty easy to just pop over to some forum and ask a question.  I would have likely even gotten an answer.  

Instead, I decided to do some investigating.  My first couple searches didn't turn up much.  After just a couple minutes of re-wording my search though - 'bandit mask blocks first person view skyrim' pulled up this.  A thread on the STEP forums, which details another person with the same issue, who has conveniently narrowed down at least the basic cause of the issue.  A 'solution' is even provided on that thread, but feeling somewhat unsatisfied, I decided to follow a link provided by another user on that thread, which took me to the 'posts' tab on Disparity's Nexus page.  Skimming through I find the post said user was referring to, which has a series of responses from Nexus users as well as Kryptopyr herself, and find that the 'solution' detailed on that thread is a massive overkill solution (it was suggested to delete all the first person slots from Disparity's race record) and that the correct solution is to simply remove slot 44, as that is the slot used by the masks from OBIS and Immersive Armors, the two mods I use that provide masks that use slot 44 - which will likely be included in the next update to Disparity.  Popped back in my game to confirm after making the changes and voila!  Wearing OBIS face masks and no first person obstruction.

So I was able to solve my own problem without any help, and along the way I learned multiple things about Disparity, Enhanced Camera, OBIS & IA, and a bit about xEdit and Skyrim.  I may have even given Dreadflopp a heads up there (unless I've missed something and there is a different solution for this problem, but the only other solution I read about was toggling camera position in RaceMenu so I don't think so).

I know this isn't about guides or anything, but it is about the sheer level of effort to deal with an issue/lack of understanding, which applies.  I won't even ever wear a bandit mask in Skyrim...

So what's this about masks? Anything that I should know and add to the packs?

lol tooting my own horn there and all I had to to was check the SRLE LOTD CR subguide to see this exact tweak being made to the race records.  Still, I learned more doing the investigation myself.

No idea what you're talking about :)

If I were you and that I want to create a page based on how to install the Pack:Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance, I would rearrange the Patches instructions after Vigor MT - Apocalypse Longstride Patch and before Post-Installation Configuration instructions while fixing the LOOT rules and Bash tags instructions a bit like this:

Then the rest of the instructions can be followed after such as Patchers, FNIS, Bashed patch, Dual Sheath Redux and MCM Settings etc.

You can use this reformat fix for other packs as you wish. I'll continue more on with the patch merging instructions page.

There are two things I forgot put in. First, just write saying that users should sort plugins after setting up the LOOT rules written in the guide. Second, just write saying that users should rebuild the bashed patch after setting up the bash tags written in the guide. I know it's common sense because of STEP 2.2.9.2 but sometimes people might forget and run into problems.

Makes total sense, Ill use this. Thanks!

Immersive Armors and OBIS have masks that use slot 44. Disparity has slot 44 flagged as visible in first person, so those masks show up and obstruct vision.

Kryptopyr said in that thread she will likely remove slot 44 from the race record in Disparity's next update to address the issue, so it's probably a good idea to make that change for now. The same fix is present in SRLE LOTD CR, I'm certain as a result of the same threads I checked out.

Immersive Armors and OBIS have masks that use slot 44. Disparity has slot 44 flagged as visible in first person, so those masks show up and obstruct vision.

Kryptopyr said in that thread she will likely remove slot 44 from the race record in Disparity's next update to address the issue, so it's probably a good idea to make that change for now. The same fix is present in SRLE LOTD CR, I'm certain as a result of the same threads I checked out.

Ok, thanks! I'll add the fix

The fix was pointed out to me in my Original SRLE Extended Thread and was patched in the old SRLE Extended CR and thus moved over to the LoTD version when i created that.

Edit: here is where is was pointed out to me and how to fix it https://forum.step-project.com/topic/9173-srle-extended/page-163?do=findComment&comment=167714

Edited by Darth_mathias

Sorry for the late reply again. To continue where I left off...

Its obviously Dread's decision about what to do (if anything) about the Modular Patches page.  That being said, I think you're missing the point.  The modular patches cover much more than just the packs, and are specifically designed to allow users a high degree of customization of their install.  The potential different variations on which patches to include are almost endless, and it's simply not possible to account for even a significant portion of them.  In addition, in my experience, no matter how clear or precise the instructions, confusion and questions will always happen, regardless.

And the information is really not all that confusing or all over the place.  Again I think a couple small tweaks accomplishes everything necessary.  

If you continue to build on your install and work your way perhaps into SRLE or SRLE Extended LOTD, or find yourself desiring to mod Fallout: New Vegas, 3 or 4.  You will find guides of similar (most of them of much greater) complexity than what is happening here, and your success with said guides - or any modding you might want do outside of a guide will depend heavily on your ability to read and re-read information until you understand it.  The people that do this stuff are pretty serious about it, and I find the best mindset when approaching any set of instructions is that - not understanding is your fault.  Keep reading until you do.  That's not to say don't ask questions, or that you will never come across incorrect/outdated instructions.  I definitely asked (and ask) my fair share of questions.  I have learned though that it really is important to make your absolute best effort to understand before you do so - and that the effort to understand will actually benefit you enormously, in that you will grow to a much deeper level of understanding of how everything works, and can begin to mess around on your own.

I can't tell you how much fun it is to be able to make your own additions - go hunt for mods on the nexus, vet said mods (I like to do google searches, check the 'posts' tab on the mod page, poke around on STEP forums for whatever I can find out about a mod I'm interested in, in terms of compatibility, stablility, polish, etc.), download them, pop open xEdit and see what they're doing, how they're working with my load order, if they need any patching, if I can figure out how to do said patching properly, and if it's all good, confidently make an addition to my own setup (or at least, begin to test said mod in my setup).  It may seem a long way away from where you're standing knowledge-wise right now, but I promise you it really isn't.  The only way to get there though is to do some reading, and to force yourself to take some responsibility for your own install.

My guess is you do not need the HLE or WAA Ammo Fix/Explosive Bolts patches for your STEP:Core install.  Not sure though and can't check as I don't have a STEP:Core install for reference.  You can check this in xEdit - I do not have the time to explain the specifics though.  There are many sources of information on this which you should be able to find with a pretty quick internet search.  Here's one.

EDIT - In short form, open xEdit, load up all your mods, wait for the 'background loader finished' message, expand your High Level Enemies .esp (not sure of specific name) and begin to expand it's sub-categories and check for conflicts.  Conflicts have to do with the 'rule of one' and... yeah, from there, you're on your own.  I've been considering creating a 'Conflict Resolution for Dummies' thread on the forums here, as I think there's some basic things that everyone should know but aren't often clearly explained outside of the technical documents, but I just barely learned this stuff myself recently and it might be prudent to understand better before I attempt to share my 'knowledge'.  

As for MUS, I can't reproduce an error with the merge, but I'm slightly confused by the sentence;

Were you merging the MUS patches?  Or a bunch of patches which included the MUS patches?  Did you include MLU.esp in said patches?

You should only be merging the MUS patches together to be clear.  Do not include the MLU.esp, or any other patches.  Other merges are to be done separately.  Also be sure that you have sorted your patches alphabetically before merging.

@baronaatista - You're saying to me that I never looked around before posting on a forum right? I always look around even through google to see if there are any STEP forum threads about it. The lack of information on those forums is what lead me to post in the first place otherwise I wouldn't run into any issue.

Here's my small example as to what I did when following the instructions to merge the modular patches. I was at the merging instructions page and I was reading the parts below on how to install and configure Merge Plugins to Mod Organizer. I ended up stuck on the integrations part where I couldn't manually get Merge Plugins to find this file path  'Skyrim Path>\Data\scripts\source\TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg' for the Papyrus flags path. When I looked for it within the 'source' folder using Merge Plugins, it's like it wasn't there even if I installed Creation Kit as instructed and unziped its own scripts into my data folder and that this such file exists there when looking for it without Merge Plugins.

My own troubleshoot was to simply use good old google and look for the information there. It is when I found what I needed after reading a STEP forum thread based on the missing file Merge Plugins failed to find. All I had to do was click on 'Detect Integrations' and my problem was solved despite Dreadflopps not mentioning this issue during the merge instructions which I will address later on as I write this. Although this example is small, I'm trying to point out that I too also put in the effort to find my troubleshoot while I continue lurking in the shadows without being forced to log into a forum and asking a question that's been answered already.

Anyway, if there was any information I missed or didn't bother to look for when it comes to creating your own modular patch for one of the STEP packs before asking, I'll be happy to see it and learn better next time to put in more effort to solve my problems whenever I couldn't understand a part.

I never had that error. I don't know what Merge Plugins does when it fixes an error. I never merge master plugins with their patches (as in I wouldn't merge MLU.esp with patches for it). I know it can be done and Darth_Mathias does it in his guide I believe but it is easier to not do it if plugin count is not that big of an issue.

What I was doing was following the merge instructions under MUS - Morrowloot Ultimate Simplified

The only patches I used from the 'MUS - Patches-76753-1-01.7z' zip file was 'MLU - Improved Closefaced Helmets.esp' and 'MLU - aMidianBorn Content.esp' files before merging them into the 'MUS patches merged.esp' file.

During the process, I had to check the plugins for errors before merging. And so Merge Plugins found errors only in 'MLU - aMidianBorn Content.esp' file and its name turned red. What I did was fix the errors and its name turned green afterwards meaning it's okay for it to be merged. Since I already merged them, I'm wondering if that's okay anyway. Also, I did not merged the 'MLU.esp' file with the patches since after watching Gamer Poets' video about it and reading one of your instructions that I understood the purpose of merging patches and how to do so.

Edited by Modhorde

@Modhorde - again, no disrespect intended.  In some ways I'm talking to myself when I was starting out here, just basing some of what I say off my own experiences.  I was purposefully ignorant for a while, but slowly got pulled in more and more and found that I just enjoyed the learning, and the eventual ability to manage my own install (with massive, though mostly passive help from people like Neo, Darth, and Dread of course).

I'm also not trying to suggest that theres something wrong with being confused by any of this - just that I have found that multiple readings of instructions, and careful reasoning will often answer your questions, and are often necessary even when the instructions are perfect.

The only patches I used from the 'MUS - Patches-76753-1-01.7z' zip file was 'MLU - Improved Closefaced Helmets.esp' and 'MLU - aMidianBorn Content.esp' files before merging them into the 'MUS patches merged.esp' file.

- if I understand correctly you merged only MLU - ICH and MLU - aMB Content.esp's?  I'm just not getting errors in that esp, and I've tried.  Which I have to guess means there's something funky going on. You are using the aMidianBorn ContentAddon.esp yes?  the MLU patch does have that as a master so Merge Plugins shouldn't even be able to load your plugins without producing an error if that were the case, I think?  Any information you can give about the error?  If you delete both the patches folder and the merged plugin folder, re-download the patches and re-do the merge, does it produce the error again?  The 'log' tab in Merge Plugins gives information about at least some errors, but I'm not certain how thorough it is.

What I was doing was following the merge instructions under MUS - Morrowloot Ultimate Simplified

During the process, I had to check the plugins for errors before merging. And so Merge Plugins found errors only in 'MLU - aMidianBorn Content.esp' file and its name turned red. What I did was fix the errors and its name turned green afterwards meaning it's okay for it to be merged. Since I already merged them, I'm wondering if that's okay anyway. Also, I did not merged the 'MLU.esp' file with the patches since after watching Gamer Poets' video about it and reading one of your instructions that I understood the purpose of merging patches and how to do so.

- if I understand correctly you merged only MLU - ICH and MLU - aMB Content.esp's?  I'm just not getting errors in that esp, and I've tried.  Which I have to guess means there's something funky going on. You are using the aMidianBorn ContentAddon.esp yes?  the MLU patch does have that as a master so Merge Plugins shouldn't even be able to load your plugins without producing an error if that were the case, I think?  Any information you can give about the error?  If you delete both the patches folder and the merged plugin folder, re-download the patches and re-do the merge, does it produce the error again?  The 'log' tab in Merge Plugins gives information about at least some errors, but I'm not certain how thorough it is.

You shouldn't get any error here, I didn't:

1. Try the merge again, if you still get an error:

2. Redownload the patches. It has happened that the nexus servers have different versions of a file if the author uploads a new version of the same file. If that doesn't work:

3. Open MLU - aMidianBorn Content.esp in xEdit (TES5Edit), right-click it and check for errors. If it finds any errors, open the record with the error, take a screenshot and post it here.

Here's my small example as to what I did when following the instructions to merge the modular patches. I was at the merging instructions page and I was reading the parts below on how to install and configure Merge Plugins to Mod Organizer. I ended up stuck on the integrations part where I couldn't manually get Merge Plugins to find this file path  'Skyrim Path>\Data\scripts\source\TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg' for the Papyrus flags path. When I looked for it within the 'source' folder using Merge Plugins, it's like it wasn't there even if I installed Creation Kit as instructed and unziped its own scripts into my data folder and that this such file exists there when looking for it without Merge Plugins.

My own troubleshoot was to simply use good old google and look for the information there. It is when I found what I needed after reading a STEP forum thread based on the missing file Merge Plugins failed to find. All I had to do was click on 'Detect Integrations' and my problem was solved despite Dreadflopps not mentioning this issue during the merge instructions which I will address later on as I write this. Although this example is small, I'm trying to point out that I too also put in the effort to find my troubleshoot while I continue lurking in the shadows without being forced to log into a forum and asking a question that's been answered already.

Anyway, if there was any information I missed or didn't bother to look for when it comes to creating your own modular patch for one of the STEP packs before asking, I'll be happy to see it and learn better next time to put in more effort to solve my problems whenever I couldn't understand a part.

I'll add this info to the merging instructions right away, thanks.

My main reasons for writing my packs are two:

1. I want my own install to be documented so that I can reinstall everything and so I know what I have done

2. I made the documentation public so that I can get feedback on my choice of mods to see if it all works and if there are better mods out there. It is near impossible to test everything yourself

I have gotten lots of feedback and the packs have evolved to where they are now and I am very pleased with the result. There are of course errors or hiccups that may  occur, the error when you tried to setup Merge Plugins being one. That never happened to me and no one has ever reported it, nor would I know how to fix it and just like you I would have to google it. These packs are in a sense a community effort since they rely on community feedback just like you are giving me. I understand your frustration but it is your and others frustration that makes the packs better. There is nothing wrong with asking questions if anything is unclear. I'm not the kind of person that yells rtfm. I wrote it, and I know it can still be better. Questions and suggestions is what makes it that.

• 2 weeks later...

@Modhorde - again, no disrespect intended.  In some ways I'm talking to myself when I was starting out here, just basing some of what I say off my own experiences.  I was purposefully ignorant for a while, but slowly got pulled in more and more and found that I just enjoyed the learning, and the eventual ability to manage my own install (with massive, though mostly passive help from people like Neo, Darth, and Dread of course).

I'm also not trying to suggest that theres something wrong with being confused by any of this - just that I have found that multiple readings of instructions, and careful reasoning will often answer your questions, and are often necessary even when the instructions are perfect.

It's all cool. You're trying to point out how important critical thinking may be while reading other confusing guides and I can understand that. I'll take care to keep that in mind the next time I get stuck on another confusing guide someday. What I'm trying to point out this whole time is that I don't want to break my game just for overlooking a small step or so. I just don't want to end up like one of these guys that bring up a problem already addressed by the author and what to do with it simply because I never read or even try to because I expect everything to be on a silver platter like most people you'll often see on Nexus. I just want to be as loyal as possible when following instructions otherwise I'll feel as if I'm walking in the dark or shooting myself in the foot for embracing ignorance. I do this because unless I'm a skilled mod author or has a greater understanding of modding in general, the mod author of the mod I'm using is always the smart one.

You shouldn't get any error here, I didn't:

1. Try the merge again, if you still get an error:

2. Redownload the patches. It has happened that the nexus servers have different versions of a file if the author uploads a new version of the same file. If that doesn't work:

3. Open MLU - aMidianBorn Content.esp in xEdit (TES5Edit), right-click it and check for errors. If it finds any errors, open the record with the error, take a screenshot and post it here.

I'll add this info to the merging instructions right away, thanks.

My main reasons for writing my packs are two:

1. I want my own install to be documented so that I can reinstall everything and so I know what I have done

2. I made the documentation public so that I can get feedback on my choice of mods to see if it all works and if there are better mods out there. It is near impossible to test everything yourself

I have gotten lots of feedback and the packs have evolved to where they are now and I am very pleased with the result. There are of course errors or hiccups that may  occur, the error when you tried to setup Merge Plugins being one. That never happened to me and no one has ever reported it, nor would I know how to fix it and just like you I would have to google it. These packs are in a sense a community effort since they rely on community feedback just like you are giving me. I understand your frustration but it is your and others frustration that makes the packs better. There is nothing wrong with asking questions if anything is unclear. I'm not the kind of person that yells rtfm. I wrote it, and I know it can still be better. Questions and suggestions is what makes it that.

It's still giving me errors after redownloading the patch file and rechecking its errors so I followed your instructions afterwards.

Is it like this?

I'm not sure if I'm following it correctly. This is after I checked the 'MLU - aMidianBorn Content.esp' file for errors in TES5Edit. Also, this may be slightly relevant but the current version for my Merge Plugins atm is v2.2.3.0

post-5372-0-13443800-1476327698_thumb.png

Edited by Modhorde