Dreadflopps Modular patches

You might also want to take a look at The Third Race Overhaul

TTR.S.O. is a minimalistic and modular skill overhaul aimed at balancing the vanilla skills while maintaining the vanilla feel. Magic, Combat and Stealth skill trees have been balanced to offer meaningful choices with perks, spells and some mechanics.

If you feel the vanilla Skyrim was doing a "good" job but was just missing something, this mod is for you. Overall, the game is gonna be a bit harder since I've fixed a lot of exploits, but it won't be overwhelming nor will prevent you from becoming a legend.

For those who want to keep the vanilla feeling but need "something" more without looking for a huge overhaul.

You might also want to take a look at The Third Race Overhaul

It is added to the wiki, as is ACE . There are many combinations of skill/perk mods to choose from now. I will check for conflicts and make an eventual patch for the third race overhaul tomorrow but since it is so close to vanilla I don't think it is needed, but we will see. Working on patches. Merges needed with CCF and unique potions and overriding step patch in some records. 

We are also trying to change name of the pack to one that is a little less generic but haven't figured out how yet.

Edited by dreadflopp

I thought you guys were working on Requiem with SR:LE, why the switch? Im curious because I just (hopefully) got everything to work, and it would be good to know if there was some sort of big problem with Requiem.

Requiem was good and consistent, I just wanted to pick different mods that I like instead of taking it all from requiem (which IS really good). I also wanted weapons and armors stats to stay true to vanilla and CCF/WAF stats, and that enemies stay truer to vanilla. Requiem changed everything. Also, with using deleveled encounter zones, there is much better compatibility with mods like immersive creature etc. Not really a big problem with requiem though since there are a lot of patches but with a setup like this it is much less patching to do if you want to make a mod compatible.

I had almost no technical issues with SR:LE/Requiem.

Would you mind posting your load order in the Requiem thread? I am trying to get a stable Requiem build. :)

I thought you guys were working on Requiem with SR:LE, why the switch? Im curious because I just (hopefully) got everything to work, and it would be good to know if there was some sort of big problem with Requiem.

Requiem was good and consistent, I just wanted to pick different mods that I like instead of taking it all from requiem (which IS really good). I also wanted weapons and armors stats to stay true to vanilla and CCF/WAF stats, and that enemies stay truer to vanilla. Requiem changed everything. Also, with using deleveled encounter zones, there is much better compatibility with mods like immersive creature etc. Not really a big problem with requiem though since there are a lot of patches but with a setup like this it is much less patching to do if you want to make a mod compatible.

I had almost no technical issues with SR:LE/Requiem.

Would you mind posting your load order in the Requiem thread? I am trying to get a stable Requiem build. :)

Already did :) https://forum.step-project.com/topic/4558-requiem-pack-wip/?p=75573

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm currently trying to install this pack on top of SR:LE and the REGS explorer pack. Considering that I do not strictly follow STEP:Core or STEP:Extended I wanted to know what exactly the following STEP patches do:

TTR_Skill_Overhaul_OneHanded - STEP patch.esp
TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Destruction - STEP patch.esp
TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Smithing - STEP patch.esp
TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Alchemy - STEP patch.esp
TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Enchanting - STEP patch.esp

Not at my computer atm, will check in an hour...

• TTR_Skill_Overhaul_OneHanded - STEP patch.esp - FIxes TTR_Skill_Overhaul_OneHanded.esp being overwritten by STEP patch
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Destruction - STEP patch.esp - No longer needed since STEP patch has been updated. I'll remove it from the guide.
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Smithing - STEP patch.esp - Fixes mainly for "weapons and srmor fixes remade" but also for AOS
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Alchemy - STEP patch.esp - Fixes for "clothing and clutter fixes" as weall as "radiant and unique potions poisons and booze".
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Enchanting - STEP patch.esp - Fixes for "weapons and armor fixes remade" as well as one record being overwritten by "animated weapons enchants"
Edited by dreadflopp

Not at my computer atm, will check in an hour...

• TTR_Skill_Overhaul_OneHanded - STEP patch.esp - FIxes TTR_Skill_Overhaul_OneHanded.esp being overwritten by STEP patch
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Destruction - STEP patch.esp - No longer needed since STEP patch has been updated. I'll remove it from the guide.
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Smithing - STEP patch.esp - Fixes mainly for "weapons and srmor fixes remade" but also for AOS
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Alchemy - STEP patch.esp - Fixes for "clothing and clutter fixes" as weall as "radiant and unique potions poisons and booze".
  • TTR_Skill_Overhaul_Enchanting - STEP patch.esp - Fixes for "weapons and armor fixes remade" as well as one record being overwritten by "animated weapons enchants"

Thanks for the breakdown. I guess I need to take a closer look at the patches in TESEdit and see if it applies to my modlist.

Hi. Is this pack a WIP, or is it ready to be used for a play through? Looks good.

The WIP tag is there because this pack has had limited testing. I have no time to play atm, all in game testing is done by nicopad. The patches are simple though so I am confident in saying it should be bug free. No game breaking bugs should be present at least. We have encountered no bugs and the mod list is quite settled. Mods might be added later but probably nothing in a while. Since I have such limited time to play the most important thing for me with this pack is balance and stability. I believe we have achieved that and think you should try this pack if you like the mods. We appreciate reports of the pack working good/bad as well as mod suggestion/criticism.