Dreadflopps Modular patches

So just to clarify.... Are you guys suggesting we install:

SPERG first

then TTR

then ACE

and so -on?

Won't SPERG, TTR, and ACE all conflict with each other? Or are you guys suggesting a bunch of skill and gameplay overhauls and for us to choose on our own?

Edited by edIT

You can mix freely between skills from the different skill mods; SPERG, ACE and TTR as well as kryptopyrs two mods. My recommended mix is in the description above the table with skill mods. Nicopads recommended skill mods will be added eventually. If you use too many skill mods the game might become unbalanced but they are compatible.

All skill mods have plugins for each skill except SPERG. SPERG is therefore loaded first if used. Install order doesn't matter, only load order which is handled by BOSS and covered in the guide.

In case anyone opts to use SPERG and CCO together - they would need to remove either SPERG's or CCO's breakdown recipes otherwise they would end up with duplicate recipes for breaking down weapons and armor. I would recommend sticking to CCO's breakdown recipes as they are more realistic than SPERG's (IMHO) and removing the Constructible Objection section from SPERG.esm.

In case anyone opts to use SPERG and CCO together - they would need to remove either SPERG's or CCO's breakdown recipes otherwise they would end up with duplicate recipes for breaking down weapons and armor. I would recommend sticking to CCO's breakdown recipes as they are more realistic than SPERG's (IMHO) and removing the Constructible Objection section from SPERG.esm.

Thanks, will check it tomorrow. Totally agree with using CCO over SPERG. I don't use SPERG but Nicopad uses it with CCO. I'll make a patch if its needed. There might be settings in SPERGs MCM menu to fix this. There is also the optional override plugin in SPERGS that reverts skills to vanilla.

Thanks, will check it tomorrow. Totally agree with using CCO over SPERG. I don't use SPERG but Nicopad uses it with CCO. I'll make a patch if its needed. There might be settings in SPERGs MCM menu to fix this. There is also the optional override plugin in SPERGS that reverts skills to vanilla.

Oh yes totally forgot about SPERG's MCM menu. I think there is an option to turn off the breakdown recipes now that I think about it - much better than editing SPERG.esm anyways.

Oh yes totally forgot about SPERG's MCM menu. I think there is an option to turn off the breakdown recipes now that I think about it - much better than editing SPERG.esm anyways.

If you use SPERG, would you mind check that and save me the trouble? ☺ if its there I'll add it to the guide.

Intriguing project.A couple of questions came to mind when I was trying to figure out how to adapt my mod-list to your pack.1. I use Alternative Start. Do any of the starting positions put me into a spot that is highly dangerous for a beginning character in a world divided into Encounter Zones?2. Dreadflopp, when I follow your recommendation (TTR + kryptopyr's mods, etc.), there are, naturally, a couple of conflicts among the mods. Improved Dragon Shouts, for example, overwrites entries of TTR's Speech perk. Do I understand the wiki correctly that the table reflects a suggested load order, i.e., TTR prior to kryptopyr's mods then Duel, Improved Dragon Shouts and finally Dragon Soul relinquishment?(=> BOSS produced a mess, btw., but LOOT's load order made so much sense that I'm willing to keep it, with an exception or two.)3. Concerning your wiki: If the packs you guys recommend at "Mod List: Gameplay and skills" have unique characteristics that distinguish them from one another in terms of gameplay, could you point that out and suggest packs that are exceptionally suited for specific gameplay/character types? A sneak character will likely favour Dreadflopp's recommendation but what about a mage, and long-range versus close-range combat types?4. It would also be great to know if a perk pack has a superior synergistic effect with one of your suggested combat mods in this respect.Yeah, I know, we can always read the modder's official descriptions. But they will only tell us what the mod is suppossed to achieve; I'd rather hear an assessment from the pov of experience -- and you guys seem to have it.Of course, you cannot possibly list all the benefits and the synergistic effects among mods; any attempt to encompass all of that will likely end with two new axe murderers on the news.So, I'd ask you to consider two or maybe three perk/combat/+ combinations that you'd call exceptionally cohesive for a certain game style or for character types that you know well.

Just my pov, of course. Great work, guys.

Edited by thommaal

Thanks for your input and questions, I'll answer as good as i can  ::):  

1) No idea. This is one of the reason the pack is labeled WIP. When I get more time to test stuff like this or get reports from others the WIP tag can be removed. I use alternative start to btw.

2) Load order is handled by BOSS with some exceptions mentioned int the guide. Install order doesn't matter. I don't see those conflicts you are talking about? All conflicts SHOULD be taken care of but if you spot any please let me know. Some script conflicts exists between some mods but these are the brawl bug patch and doesn't matter. Haven't tried LOOT but I agree, growing tired of BOSS. I have a lot BOSS masterlist overrides. 

3) Great suggestion. This will likely come later when more testing have been done. I think Nicopad plays more mage characters than I do and I know he likes SPERG. Sorry I don't have any better answer now. I play sneaky characters, as you guessed.

4) Also good suggestion and this will also have to wait as I simply have no good answer to this. More reading and testing has to be done. I'm glad for reports from people trying this pack as well.

Again thanks for your input. If you find perk-combos that fits well for a special character please let me know. All help is appreciated.