Cannot launch GECK with MO

EssArrBee

Question

I've been trying to start of the GECK with MO and have not been about to get it to load properly. The GECK crashes about 5 seconds after the window loads. Never had any problems with the CK starting up, so there must be something different about the GECK that I am not doing.

Has anyone else has success starting the GECK?

6 answers to this question

I was unable to get the GECK to launch. I do not use MO, but rather Wrye/BAIN. I gave up on using it.

I am able to launch the Creation Kit, except when I try to open Interesting NPCs v3.05 (latest).

I will try your Monocyte Breeder (downloaded, thanks for that SRB) once I get to New Vegas Clinic (might be a while) and post the results. 

I did once, before I installed an ENB. Now it wont work. I've tried deleting the inis and getting GECK to do them over. No dice. Have tried what have heard suggested elsewhere and pulling all the ENB files out and then trying to run the GECK, again, no dice. 

Runs fine stand alone, or on a vanilla MO profile, though. Very strange.

Just ran into the same problem myself. Unchecked all plugins and then re-enabled a few at a time till Geck crashed. It turned out to be  NVWillow.esp. I am just a beginner with most of this stuff. Although I do have almost 1400 hrs logged in Skyrim, mostly modded with S.T.E.P., I have little to no experience with the creation kits. In fact this is my first attempt at running Geck.

Odd, loading just NVWillow.esp and it's masters in FNVEdit and check for errors shows nothing. No ITM's or deleted or disabled references. When I try to apply filter for conflicts the left pane goes blank and stays blank even though the message list shows

[Filtering done]  Processed Records: 469018 Elapsed Time: 00:03

I can then left click in the blank left pane and choose remove filter and the list shows back up. When I load my entire plugin list with the NVWillow.esp applying the conflict filter works fine. My guess is the cell/worldspace changes. I'll have to leave that for someone with more experience.

Willow may have a few deleted references in it, but they are intentional and should be left alone. I think some of the GECK stuff may be 64-bit and that gives MO problems. There is a something in the Creation Kit that is 64-bit that does that, but I forget what it is, maybe the Papyrus compiler. What exactly are you trying to do with the GECK?

And 1400 hours? Man, that is a lot of time. You could have put that time into studying physics or math and be in grad school by now, but I'm a professor, so I'm a bit bias about these things. ::P:

Lol, 1400 hours. That is an escape from my reality. Plain and simple.

Geck is working fine as long as I don't have nvwillow.esp checked in my load list. I am messing around with BIS-Brumbeks Inventory Sorting mod. I am going to use FNVEdit to merge the plugins that I want from its package. FNVEdit shows errors when I do a check for errors on some of the plugins. Loading the offenders into Geck and just examining the stated items then closing Geck, which asked to save, so I did, fixed those errors.

I have read that Project Nevada's sorting is the best because it uses scripts that can add new mods. I'm just a little put off with PN's bloat. But I do like item sorting. In the end I guess this is just a way of learning these modding tools.

I don't generally like to bring up old posts but since this forum is so short I didn't want to make a knew one.

I got the GECK to launch succesfully but so far if I have the following .esp's checked it will crash on startup. (I am following EssArrBee's F&L guide):

Advanced Recon Armor.esp

Detect Traps Merged.esp

JIP Companions Command and Control.esp

FlashlightNV.esp

There are probably more and as I find them I will update this post.

Edit: and by launch I mean launched through MO. It launches just fine outside of MO.

Edited by Audley