Correct Enblocal Settings

prizner

Question

So I was installing SkyRealism using the enb guide and I noticed the site https://www.iparadigm.org/pages/pnenb/ENBoost.html used for getting parameters for the memory section of enblocal no longer works. After some digging I found there were some formulas to come up with the needed information but as I am still unsure if I fully understand them I was wondering if anyone here could help? I have gtx 680 4GB and 12GB of ram with a i7 980x. Thanks!

My ini files are full of comments also and I see no problem with them.

The only instance with comments that I see that might be considered a 'problem' is with MO's Configurator tool. If your ini files have comments there appears a message dialog saying there might be problems as in this example:

e3bfe78f04.png

Even if you find any instances of INI settings that may work across different sections, I would not advertise them anywhere as capable of being set outside of the section the should be in. The reason I say this is because TESV has a GetINISetting and SetINISetting that are used internally and most of these settings have explicit sections defined in the code. You can also play with this in the console with these commands (with the usual caveat that doing so may cause Skyrim to explode and I have absolutely no responsibility for this information):

GetINISetting "sLanguage:General"
GetINI "sLanguage:General"

SetINISetting "sLanguage:General" English
SetINI "sLanguage:General" English

If you peruse the strings in TESV.exe you'll see in the ballpark of 1500 to 2000 settings in this format.

Edit: It looks as if the code tag needs a bit of help since I can't read the light text on the light background.

Another interesting point is that I see SkyrimPrefs.ini\0SkyrimCustom.ini\0Skyrim.ini\0 in TESV.exe which makes me wonder if it also supports a SkyrimCustom.ini file. I haven't found anything conclusive to indicate how it determines which settings are in which INI files, though.

Edited by Greg

Okay - So I really have no clue what's going on here..

I've just got into modding skyrim and have been looking for ways to help my system performance.

I was previously using Hialgo, which was fine.

I uninstalled and installed Enboost and the Memory Patch - This allowed me to run both 2kHD Textures and The High Res Packs no problem.

The only issue now is the increased loading times - Around 20-30 seconds.

The nexus description for ENboost say's it's already configured so I left it alone.

Basically -

I have 8gb of RAM

An Nvidia GTX 660

I'm such a noob I didn't realize there was such a thing as both VRAM and Video Memory Size

I think my VRAM is 2GB and the other one is 4GB

So what should my Memory settings in the INI be?

There seems to be a lot of conflicting advice and opinions and I don't know where to start.

Edited by SammySam

When you increase the amount of stuff that needs to be loaded.. ofc loading times will increase! 

If you already run with no problems other then that, then most likely your settings are fine as they currently are. 

I think you misunderstood -

My loadout with Hialgo and enboost is exactly the same.

But my loading time increased dramatically when I switched from Hialgo to Enboost and the Memory Patch

Yeah I am a bit confused... If you can run with your loadout without using ENBoost.. then why use it ? The only reason to use ENBoost is so that you can run with more then just hialgo etc. 

Anyways... is it a persistent increase or just the initial load of a new area or the game itself ? 

My game takes about a minute to start up but after that it is more or less instant once everything have been moved into memory. 

Yeah I am a bit confused... If you can run with your loadout without using ENBoost.. then why use it ? The only reason to use ENBoost is so that you can run with more then just hialgo etc. 

Anyways... is it a persistent increase or just the initial load of a new area or the game itself ? 

My game takes about a minute to start up but after that it is more or less instant once everything have been moved into memory. 

I switched to Enboost because it allows me to run Skyrim 2K HD and the High Res Texture Pack - 

I'm just saying that using the same loadout as when I just used Hialgo has increaed the loading times.

I didn't know if there was something I could do to remedy this.

I'm affected by random (very random and pretty early) CTD, but by reading the first posts, I read that the ENBOOST max value is 10240.

So my aboard I've 16 Gigs + 4GB VRAM which in VideoMemorySizeMb should be 18482.

Could be that the reason of my random crash ? 
Maybe 8192 would be better ?

Edited by MaximilianPs

I'm affected by random (very random and pretty early) CTD, but by reading the first posts, I read that the ENBOOST max value is 10240.

So my aboard I've 16 Gigs + 4GB VRAM which in VideoMemorySizeMb should be 18482.

Could be that the reason of my random crash ? 

Maybe 8192 would be better ?

No, those values wouldn't cause a CTD. A lower value, as Phazer11 pointed out would be better because you'll never need that much RAM for ENBoost. Would need more information to troubleshoot this. First make sure that the CTD either happens or doesn't happen when you don't have ENBoost installed as it could be something else entirely.